ADVENTCAzT 2019 12: “Advent is a time of being deeply shaken”

Here is ADVENTCAzT 12, for Thursday in the 2nd Week of Advent.

Fr. Alfred Delp, SJ, instructs us in Advent of the Heart. US HERE – UK HERE. And we pray for priests. We hear singing by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles at Gower Abbey. [US HERE – UK HERE]

These 5 minute offerings are a token of gratitude especially for my benefactors.  Thank you!  Chime in if you listened.  I have lost the ability to track statistics.

Have an idea for a reading in these podcasts?  HERE   Make some Mystic Monk Coffee and have a listen!
PS: These podcasts should also be available through my iTunes feed, though maybe not immediately. Let me know how you are listening.  Through the plugin on this post? Through iTunes? Downloading?   Did you enjoy what you heard?  DONATE

Please share!

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 2019 12: “Advent is a time of being deeply shaken”

1. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father! I appreciate it very much when there are prayers at the end of your thoughts for the day.

2. Ms. M-S says:

The golden threads! Thank you, Fr. Z.

3. Elizabeth Rose says:

Very helpful, Father. I recognized the prayer for priests as one I used to pray often. Where can I find the text of it?
    Thank you.

4. Kansan says:

Another lovely five minutes for our hearts and minds to absorb slowly through the day. Thank you for keeping us in your spiritual care through ADVENTCAzT, during this important season.

5. veritas vincit says:

Thank you Father Z.

For those who are not familiar with Father Delp, he was a German Jesuit priest active in the resistance to the Nazis, was arrested and imprisoned after the assassination attempt on Hitler (in which he did not take part) and died in prison in 1945.

It’s worth remembering that there are saintly Jesuits, even now. The heretical Father James Martin is not representative of all sons of St Ignatius of Loyola.

6. Gab says:

Elizabeth Rose, I believe the prayer is attributed to Cardinal Dougherty (of Philadelphia, died 1951). It is a beautiful prayer.

A Prayer for priests

Keep them, I pray Thee dearest Lord,
    Keep them for they are Thine –
    Thy priests whose lives burn out before
    The consecrated shrine.
    Keep them for they are in the world,
    Though from the world apart;
    When earthly pleasures tempt, allure, –
    Shelter them in Thy heart.
    Keep them, and comfort them in hours
    Of loneliness and pain,
    When all their life of sacrifice
    For souls seems but in vain.
    Keep them, and O remember, Lord,
    They have no one but Thee,
    Yet they have only human hearts,
    With human frailty.
    Keep them as spotless as the Host,
    That daily they caress;
    Their every thought and word and deed,
    Deign, dearest Lord, to bless. Amen.

Say one Our Father and one Hail Mary.

Mary Queen of the Clergy, pray for them.