ADVENTCAzT 2019 15: The sparrow of present satisfaction

Here is ADVENTCAzT 15, for the 3rd Sunday of Advent.

Pius Parsch helps us into the 3rd week of Advent in a dialogue with Mother Church.

Play

These 5 minute offerings are a token of gratitude especially for my benefactors.  Thank you!  Chime in if you listened.  I have lost the ability to track statistics.

Have an idea for a reading in these podcasts?  HERE   Make some Mystic Monk Coffee and have a listen!
PS: These podcasts should also be available through my iTunes feed, though maybe not immediately. Let me know how you are listening.  Through the plugin on this post? Through iTunes? Downloading?   Did you enjoy what you heard?  DONATE

Please share this post!

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 2019 15: The sparrow of present satisfaction

1. Ms. M-S says:

Chiming in. Wonderful reading!

2. Zephyrinus says:

Thank you, dear Fr Z, for these excellent ADVENTCAzTs.

They are coming through loud and clear.

Perfect preparation for Our Lord’s Nativity, very soon.

Deo Gratias.

3. Semper Gumby says:

Thanks Fr. Z.

“Faith means walking in the dark in some respects. The dove of eternal glory sits on Heaven’s high roof while the sparrow of present satisfaction is in your hand. To release the sparrow in order to get the dove- that requires faith.”

Indiana Jones (straining to lift Elsa out of a crevice as he holds on to her gloved hand): “Give me your other hand!”

Dr. Elsa Schneider (stretching to reach the Holy Grail with her free hand): “Almost…”

Indiana Jones: “Your glove is slipping. Give me your other hand!”

Dr. Elsa Schneider: “I can reach it!” (The glove slips off and she falls into the pit.)

Earlier in Berlin, Indiana Jones recommended to Dr. Schneider: “Try reading books instead of burning them.”

4. Semper Gumby says:

Dr. Samuel Gregg, in his recent book “Reason, Faith and the Struggle for Western Civilization”, said something like this: “Christianity teaches that God is rational [while Allah is Pure Will]; all can discern natural law; and freedom is the ability to choose the good and true. European culture was founded on the search to understand God and His Creation, and the willingness to listen to Him.”

5. Discipula says:

Thanks for the podcast, I appreciate them.

The description of Faith reminded me a bit of Mother Angelica’s quip about Faith – one foot on the ground, another in the air and a queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach. True.

6. DebbieInCT says:

thank you, Fr. Z!

7. kay says:

thank you Father Z.
    Just what I needed to hear.
    Downloaded so I remember the moment.

8. Buffy says:

Thank you Father Z. I was reading the Wanderer when you started the blog and I’ve been reading them both since then. We find the Lenten and Advent CAzTs a good way to end our day.

9. Gab says:

Thanks, Fr Z. Thoroughly enjoyed Pius Parsch’s Advent in a dialogue with Mother Church. Much needed words to hear today.

10. Mariana2 says: