It’s Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent and the Feast of the Annunciation.

The Roman Station is Saint Paul’s outside-the-walls, where you find the tomb of the Apostle.

Joseph Ratzinger explain how Mary is, in her person, the true Zion, the true Israel, the true “people of God”.

The Benedictines of Gower Abbey sing to us.  [US HERE – UK HERE]

Check me out on SOUNDCLOUD.

Play

I provide these podcasts especially in gratitude to benefactors.

Please share this post!

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, Our Solitary Boast, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to LENTCAzT 2020: 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent & Annunciation: “She is the ‘people of God'”

1. Ms. M-S says:

Thanks, Fr. Z. My favorite Roman Station.

2. Diana says:

Thank you for these, Father! I love all this information, and the beauty. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, and helping us learn without having to do more than click. :)

3. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father. What enormous amounts of, to me new, information.

4. BeautifulSavior says:

Thank you father! I also like to tell you that I found and dusted my copy of Michael O’BRIEN, Plague Journal. Written in 1999. It’s what we are living today! Amazing! Praying for you!

[Right! That’s the second of the “Children of the Last Days” series, which trilogy ties back into Father Elijah.]

It starts with Strangers and Sojourners.

US HERE – UK HERE

5. JabbaPapa says:

The blessings of the Catechumens that you describe are retained in a different manner in the Sacramental of enrolment of Catechumens into the Church and into the Order of Catechumens, prior to Baptism — in 2005, towards the start of Lent, my fellow Catechumens and I were anointed with the holy oil of the Catechumens on our ears, on our tongue (symbolically — it was actually the lips), and our foreheads, each time with a Cross.

It is a beautiful Rite.

At Mass, after Communion, I always adore the Eucharist as it proceeds from aside and in spiritual communion with the Catechumens and others who are seeking the Lord in Holy Church, and at our parish church by the chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes where I was seated during Mass prior to my Baptism, outside the sacred space of the church proper.

6. anthtan says:

That was a beautiful reflection by Ratzinger.
    Hope the Papa Emeritus is keeping well.