PASCHALCAzT 47: Easter Sunday: Our resurrection must begin in this life

Today is Easter Sunday!

The Roman Station tonight for the Mass of the Day on Easter Sunday is St. Mary Major.

Card. Bacci speaks of the personal impact of “resurrection”.  Fulton Sheen about what is really important.

One of the pieces today, the first part of the Introit for Easter is from my home parish in St. Paul, St. Agnes. I’m in the schola that made this recording way back in the 1980s.

I also have some bells from the Duomo of Florence, Italy, for a friend.

US HERE – UK HERE

Play

I provide these podcasts especially in gratitude to benefactors.

Please share this post!

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, PASCHALCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to PASCHALCAzT 47: Easter Sunday: Our resurrection must begin in this life

1. Ms. M-S says:

Happy Easter, Fr. Z, and thanks!

2. Clinton R. says:

Happy Easter, Father. Happy Easter to all who read and comment on this blog. Thank you, Father, for this podcasts. I really enjoyed each day of Lent hearing about the history of the Roman stations. God bless you and May Our Blessed Mother pray for you and your brother priests. +JMJ+

3. Gab says:

Christus resurrexit! Alleuja!
    You are in my prayers.

4. mo7 says:

Happy Easter Father Z!
    He is risen,
    He is truly risen!

5. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father!

Happy Easter – Glad Påsk!

6. Semper Gumby says:

Happy Easter to Fr. Z and all.

“Do not be amazed; you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen, he is not here; see the place where they laid him.” -Mark 16

7. CanukFrank says:

Thanks for these past Lenten reflections, so different from the standard fare served elsewhere. I particularly liked the fact that the Resurrection doesn’t stop at today but is a daily commitment. I had asked Our Lord for help on identifying my ‘Predominant Faults’ and while I half-knew it was “pride” untangling what “pride” did in my life was the difficult task. I asked Our Lord this past Lent to give me daily insights and examples which occurred, rather painfully, every few days. The real left hook, though, the real knock out blow came two days before my last confession with the word “disdain”. It wasn’t “pride” or intellectual and spiritual “snobbery” or “haughtiness” or a hundred other descriptions that did it to me, it was the simple, powerful and horrific word “disdain”. I wasn’t full of “pride”, I was full of “disdain”. My, but that clobbered me good and proper. Out-For-The-Count!! NOW, I know my opponent, NOW I have truly felt it’s malevolent presence in my thinking, attitudes and behaviour. Suddenly, It’s clear. Among other things, your insights helped me profoundly this Lent, Fr.Z, thank you again.