His Excellency Most Reverend Salvatore Cordileone, Archbishop of San Francisco, made reparation and the site in Golden Gate Part where a statue of St. Junipero Serra was torn down.

Then the Archbishop – God Bless him and his tribe – read the Title XI Chapter 3 Exorcism against Satan and the Fallen Angels at the site.

He starts that part – too bad about the audio (unprotected mic) – at about 20:40.

I am not sure why seminarians or whomever in cassock didn’t jump in a little faster to help with the wind, but Archbp. Cordileone got the job done!

Ultra Fr. Z kudos!

THIS IS WHAT I’M TALKIN’ ABOUT!

‘RAH!!!

Fathers, Bishops, if you need recordings of the Latin, I have two, one at half speed and the other at full speed, to help with pronunciation. Get permission. If you have permission (all you BISHOPS!) use the exorcism over every building and space entrusted to you.

BISHOPS AND PRIESTS… I will send you recordings in Latin of the Exorcism.

Write to me HERE

Put – exactly – in the subject line: LATIN EXORCISM RECORDING

Please CAPITALIZE and write only that.

In the body of the email please tell me what your present assignment is.

If you are not a priest or a bishop, don’t bother asking.

Please share this post!

This entry was posted in ¡Hagan lío!, Fr. Z KUDOS, Hard-Identity Catholicism, Just Too Cool, Si vis pacem para bellum!, The Coming Storm, The future and our choices and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Archbp. Cordilone recites the Exorcism where a statue of St. Junipero Serra was town down. OORAH!

1. scrchristensen says:

The two men in cassocks are both priests. Fr. Cameron Faller until recently was at Star of the Sea while also serving as vocations director (or vocations in some capacity). He recently had a homily that went semi viral: https://youtu.be/AuI19Zre2p8

The other priest was just ordained this past year and chose to offer a Solemn High EF Mass as his first mass: https://youtu.be/FLkVdxkdBYE

2. excalibur says:

Awesome!

We need a flock of exorcists to go to Seattle, the photos of so many arrested showed obvious mental illness if not possession. Parts of Seattle seem to be a demonic stronghold now.

And to Washington, D.C. as well. Flocks of exorcists. Or is that a gaggle?

3. ZestyLemonZach says:

Wow, what a slap in the face to Bishop Barron’s advice! That’s the laity’s problem, not the bishops!

4. Chrisc says:

I think the correct plural of exorcists may be a host.

5. JustaSinner says:

Is it a sin to mush the faces of anyone trashing a religious statue? Or are we bound by the whole turn the other cheek mandate? Asking for a friend…

6. Chrisc says:

I really disliked Bishop Barron’s unwillingness to shoulder the bishops’ responsibility.

There was some truth. Of course, it shouldn’t be the clergy waging the fights of the laity. Fine. But Bishop Barron characterizes this as solely the job of the laity. I think this estimation is off. I think this is a real cultural crisis and the bishops and priests need to take the beachheads so that the laity can win the peace afterwards. I am afraid neither clergy nor laity realize the gravity of the current american cultural revolution.

7. acardnal says:

Thank you Archbishop Cordileone!

Kudos to the man holding the flag in the wind! He needed a carrying belt but held it up nonetheless. Great job!

I think/think the gray haired priest in a cassock is Fr. Joseph Illo, pastor of Star of the Sea parish and practitioner of the TLM/EF. Difficult to know for sure because he’s wearing a mask.

8. Semper Gumby says:

That is how it’s done. God bless Archbishop Cordileone and all. God bless the two men holding the Cross and the U.S. flag. A poignant moment at 37:00.

Jeremiah 29, his Letter to the Exiles in Babylon:

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

9. Spinmamma says:

Thank you Father Z for posting this. It brought me to tears of mixed joy and grief Joy that this Archbishop has very publicly demonstrated that the hatred and violence sweeping the world against Western (Christian) Civilization is of demonic origin and a shepherd is standing up for his sheep against the wolves. Grief because of the destruction, rage, and hatred that is once again, as so many times before, is determined to destroy God’s works. There is much suffering in our future, but with shepherds willing to speak truth to power we have a greater chance of remaining true to our Lord no matter what comes.

10. Kathleen10 says:

Yes thank you to the Archbishop. He is doing exactly what is needed. This is a spiritual battle playing out in the material world. As an American, I am stunned by the numbers of people who have overnight bought into madness. Anti-America threats are accepted and even cheered by our own. Constitutional rights be damned, yours anyway. A drooling media working night and day against the president and order. Victims are ignored, perpetrators are glorified, it is a mad, mad world. Families are divided, even in my own. My once close family has division. I’m sure this is common now.
    I keep thinking that Jesus said He did not come to bring peace.
    What Bishop Barron said was terrible but predictable. We need a spiritual answer. Archbishop Cordileone has given one here. We need a lot more. We’re in trouble.

11. aam says:

This is wonderful news. Wish he would ban Pelosi from Communion, though.

12. Pingback: CATHOLIC HEADLINES 6.28.20 – The Stumbling Block

13. Semper Gumby says:

ZestyLemonZach and Chrisc: Good points. Bishop Barron appears to be fixated on phrases such as “marginalized peoples” and thus miscomprehends recent events, militant Marxist groups and a terrorist group, and their intentions. The Bishop could also accept the invitation to debate extended to him some months ago by one of the laity, Taylor Marshall. That would be interesting and helpful.

14. Fr. Kelly says:

Acardnal
    Fr. Illo’s hair is pure white.
    I’m pretty certain that he is the one who turns the cross around at the very beginning.
    We see him again when the camera pans the crowd at the end of the rosary. He is in a cassock, with a black mask a little behind and to the l left of the 3 Dominicans.
    I’m guessing that may be who you meant.
    A great man, and a bit of a lightning rod for his Lionhearted Archbishop.
    Pray for perseverance for them both.

15. Pingback: MONDAY EDITION – Big Pulpit

16. Chrisc says:

I will only address the last point. Bishop Barron has no obligation to debate a layman. Was anyone arguing he is obliged to this by virtue of his office? There are very many bishops I don’t want debating anyone

That there should be no appearance of equality between a bishop and a layman. In terms of what? There is no infused knowledge that comes with being made a bishop. There is no above being questioned or challenged status. Sorry. The bishop has the responsibility to teach and govern his diocese. In that, he is superior. If he wants to be an effective apostle he shouldn’t be afraid to debate with anyone. No one doubts his office, but one can doubt the efficacy with which he uses that office for the holiness of all.

17. majuscule says:

One of the Dominicans is Fr. James Junipero Moore. A few years ago he spoke at our parish retreat and heard confessions afterwards. I think the Western Dominican Province is thriving…comparatively.