ADVENTCAzT 2020 06: “God walks into your soul with silent step.”

Here is ADVENTCAzT 06, for Friday in the 1st Week of Advent.

These 5 minute offerings are a token of gratitude especially for my benefactors.  Thank you!  Chime in if you listened.

Today we hear about what will take place at the General Judgment.  Fulton Sheen gives an insight into how God comes to us. Pius Parsch talks about our vocations.

• Have an idea for a reading in these podcasts?  HERE   Make some Mystic Monk Coffee and have a listen!
  • PS: These podcasts should also be available through my iTunes feed, though maybe not immediately. Let me know how you are listening.  Through the plugin on this post? Through iTunes? Downloading?
  • Did you enjoy what you heard?  DONATE

Play
Please share this post!

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, ADVENTCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 2020 06: “God walks into your soul with silent step.”

1. Mariana2 says:

Amazing. Thanks, Father!

2. Ms. M-S says:

A harrowing prospect, but thanks, Fr. Z.

3. MWCooney says:

I vacillate between yearning for the Dies Irae on one hand, but recoiling in terror at the prospect on the other. And my fear is not only for my own soul, but also for the souls of those I love. It is good to be reminded of this daily. Thank you, Father Z.

4. anotherphilothea says:

It’s much easier to be merciful to others when we keep this particular judgment vividly in mind. Thank you, Father.

5. LauraL says:

Beautiful. Thanks, Father.

6. Semper Gumby says:

Thank you Fr. Z. Fulton Sheen said something profound: “The more you respond to His gentle pressure, the greater will be your freedom.”

Meanwhile, in L.A. it seems walking on the sidewalk is now a punishable offense, and in Trudeau’s Canada celebrating Christmas may be verboten (“Nuts!”- Bastogne, December 1944).

There’s alot of Sturm und Drang (storm and stress) with these “Build Back Better” and “Great Reset” plots that are against humanity and God. Many hard-working men and women resent the constant intrusion and decrees of Evil Overlord-wannabes. These wannabes may actually spend their summers in Rangoon and take luge lessons on the slopes of Davos. But I digress.

Those vain “leaders” should recall Shelley:

And on the pedestal, these words appear:
    ‘My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
    Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!’
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.

“All is vanity” says Ecclesiastes.

1 Kings 19:

And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

Yep, good point by Bishop Sheen.

7. MWCooney says:

Dear Semper Gumby,
    I love your references. The “Nuts” quotation is not one I often think of, so I especially thank you for that, but the poem, Ozymandias, often comes to my mind.

8. Semper Gumby says:

MWCooney: Thank you.

Ozymandias is the ancient Greek name for Pharaoh Ramses II’s “throne name” (“Usermaatre Setepenre”- each Pharaoh had several names). Pharaoh Ramses II (if I could add, also known as “Yul Brynner”) was probably the Pharaoh of the Exodus.

Ramses in ancient Egyptian is: “ra’-ms-sw” which means “Ra carried him.” The sun god Ra travelled across the sky each day in a “solar boat.”

Now, in Exodus 2 we read:

[5] And behold the daughter of Pharao came down to wash herself in the river: and her maids walked by the river’s brink. And when she saw the basket in the sedges, she sent one of her maids for it: and when it was brought, [6] She opened it and seeing within it an infant crying, having compassion on it she said: This is one of the babes of the Hebrews. [7] And the child’s sister said to her Shall I go and call to thee a Hebrew woman, to nurse the babe? [8] She answered: Go. The maid went and called her mother. [9] And Pharao’s daughter said to her. Take this child and nurse him for me: I will give thee thy wages. The woman took, and nursed the child: and when he was grown up, she delivered him to Pharao’s daughter. [10] And she adopted him for a son, and called him Moses, saying: Because I took him out of the water.

Interesting. James Hoffmeier, in his 1999 book “Israel in Egypt: The Evidence for the Authenticity of the Exodus Tradition,” examines, among other things, the etymology of personal names such as Moses and “toponyms”- the names of geographical locations such as Pi-Ramses (Exodus 1:11).

Comments are closed.