PASCHALCAzT 2021: 47 – Easter Sunday: “We sing and we walk”

Happy Easter!

For Lent, and now the Octave of Easter I am offering daily 5 minute podcasts.  They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season.

Today is Easter Sunday. The Roman Station is St Mary Major.

Today we hear from Dom Prosper Gueranger and Pope Benedict XVI from his Easter 2011 “Urbi et Orbi” address.

You got your music for Lent in advance.  How about music for Easter? US HERE – UK HERE the wonderful Benedictines of Gower Abbey who NEED YOUR HELP.

I provide these especially in gratitude to benefactors who help me and this blog.

Play

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PASCHALCAzT, PODCAzT. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Comments

1. Andreas says:

Wishing all here a most Blessed and joyous Easter!

2. IaninEngland says:

Here in England, the weather was cloudy and dreary on Good Friday and on holy Saturday, but (typical of God!) this morning we woke to bright sunshine!

“The heavens shew forth the glory of God, and the firmament declareth the work of his hands.” (Ps. 19:1)

Christ is risen indeed! Happy Easter everybody!

3. Padre Pio Devotee says:

Fr. Z—-Wishing you, your family, and friends a blessed, happy Easter Day, Easter week, and Easter season!

4. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father! Happy Easter, Glad Påsk!

5. Ms. M-S says:

Happy Easter to all! Thank you especially, Fr. Z.

6. dahveed says:

Happy Easter, Father!

7. Pingback: Easter Sunday Readings and Reflections | Catholicism Pure & Simple

8. IaninEngland says:

The weather in England was decidedly dreary on Good Friday and on Holy Saturday, but this morning beautiful and sunny. Just God reaffirming Easter for us, even in the weather.

Happy Easter everybody!

9. Irish Timothy says:

Happy Easter Fr. Z and all on this blog!

10. Semper Gumby says:

A blessed Easter Fr. Z and all. Christ is Risen, Alleluia!

11. Lurker 59 says:

Happy Easter, Fr. Z. Thank you so very much for making Christ present to us through your words and actions, and especially your priestly ministry.

May the inbreaking of the Light of Son dawn aknew upon all of our hearts today and warm us from the cold sleep of the tomb of these last 40 days to bring us new life and growth in the vineyard of the Father.

12. JPCahill says:

Thanks so much for these Lentcazts. They are very much appreciated. Sometimes I haven’t gotten to the daily post until the sun had gone down but I’ve never missed a one. Now that they’re over there’s at least one aspect of Lent that I’m going to miss!

13. Clinton R. says:

Happy Easter, Father. Thank you for these wonderful Lenten podcasts. I looked forward each day to hearing you describe the Roman Station churches. I am grateful for your regular exhortation to “GO TO CONFESSION”. These words rang in my ears and I did indeed go to Penance. May God bless you, Father and a very Happy Feast of the Resurrection of Our Lord to you, your family and all of your readers. +JMJ+

14. Rob Pryb says:

Happy Easter Fr Z! Indeed, I also looked forward EVERY DAY to your LENTCAzTs (and now during the Octave too!). So much appreciated that you put together those 5-minute nuggets. This Lent I especially enjoyed learning more about the Roman station churches – I wrote on my calendar each day the station that you gave a tour of and found where it is in Rome.

Comments are closed.