PASCHALCAzT 2021: 54 – Low “Quasimodo” Sunday: “A question for you!”

For Lent, and now the Octave of Easter, I offer daily 5 minute podcasts.  They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season.  This is the final podcast of the series.

Today is Sundayt in the Octave of Easter, “Quasimodo Sunday” from the first word of the Introit, “Thomas Sunday” because of the Gospel, “Low Sunday” because we’ve resolved the Octave, “Divine Mercy Sunday” . The Roman Station is San Pancrazio on the Gianicolo.

What sort of progress have we made?  And a question for you.

You got your music for Lent in advance.  How about music for Easter? US HERE – UK HERE the wonderful Benedictines of Gower Abbey who NEED YOUR HELP.

Click and explore

I provide these especially in gratitude to benefactors who help me and this blog.

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, PASCHALCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Comments

1. Ms. M-S says:

Thanks, Fr. Z, for this and all the podcasts!

2. george says:

Yes, I do, Father. I was baptized on .y parent’s anniversary: May 10th. Thank you for the podcaZts!

3. liebemama says:

I am very thankful for your podcaZts. I have been listening for many years now. I rarely comment and I am certainly not alone, so there must be many more like me who are so grateful to be able to find a faithful voice with beautiful music for 5 minutes a day.

4. CanukFrank says:

Thank you so very much for these podcasts. After my morning prayers and before I start my day, I listen to them while “looking up” the various churches and the specific features you mention about them. As for my Baptismal anniversary, I will have to look that up! Thanks again, Fr. Z, and God bless.

5. Pingback: Sunday Readings and Reflections | Catholicism Pure & Simple

6. Mariana2 says:

Thanks for the flapping and chirping, Father!

I hope I will be able to find my Baptismal anniversary.

7. Semper Gumby says:

Thank you Fr. Z, these podcasts from the station churches to the music to the excerpts have been helpful. And great question.

8. VForr says:

I was baptized on November 29th which one year later became my brother’s birthday. Thank you, Father Z, for these podcaZts. Your efforts have bared fruit. During the work week, I would listen to the podcaZt of the day at lunchtime and it was blessed relief from my job. Like CanukFrank, I took to researching images of the station churches and locating them on a map. I hope there is an opportunity for future podcaZts. God bless!

9. Clinton R. says:

Thank you for these podcaZts, Father. I looked forward to hearing them everyday. To answer your question, yes, I do know the date of my baptism. For me, it is October 6th. Thank you, Father and May God bless you and Our Blessed Mother pray for you. +JMJ+

10. Lurker 59 says:

Thank you so very much for doing these LentCasts Fr.Z. I know how much effort goes into producing such things — they are no small tasks especially with how erudite, lucid, and professional they are.

They have been personally spiritually beneficial, practically manna in the desert.

May God reward you abundantly.

11. Jim Dorchak says:

It was particularly interesting to sit at our home with my wife, son THOMAS, and I, with an INVITED protestant friend here in Chile. We listened to your sermon on Youtube at St. Mary’s Pine bluff.
    My son Thomas (13) was all ears when you said his name. Which is always good since boys have short attention. (It seems my sons stomach talks to him loudly sometimes).

Just a wonderful sermon. My notes on your rich sermon which was packed with oodles of goodness.
    We do have peace here and are enriched by our Catholic Faith, even though we have NO Mass. I think I feel like the Japanese felt at the start of their 200 year loss of Mass.

I wish, no I pray, that I may one day be able to go to Confession again! What a loss for us here. I may live with out the Mass but I will not LIVE with out confession.

I know that we are our RIGHTS and RITES. I participate as we are allowed. CAN YOU IMAGINE …. AS WE ARE ALLOWED? This is the world my family and I live in.

I will do and shall INVITE. In our case today (and for the past year) Mass on line. What a gift!

Fr. Z. I am afraid to ask for the MASS.
    It seems my Priest and my bishop are so enamored with the mark of the virus that they look at their priestly positions as JOBS and not vocations.
    I am afraid that IF i ask for the Mass, not demand, that I may be Excommunicated by my bishop? Is this possible?
    I greatly fear for the loss of my soul and more importantly the Souls of my wife and son.

So do I have anything to worry about if I ask for the Mass.

Let me clarify; ask not as a wimpy Catholic or for that matter condescending Catholic but as a faithful Catholic. Are these the RIGHTS / RITES that you have spoken to my soul about in your sermons?

Thank you for all the Masses you say for us who can not. Jim in Chile

12. TonyO says:

I was baptized on my birthday. That is, on the day I was born. That makes it easy to remember.

I have been shocked at the blinding speed with which the US bishops not only fell in with civil leaders in following all so-called “legal” mandates (and many were not legal, as we later saw), but in EXCEEDING them in restrictiveness, to the detriment of the faithful in receiving the sacraments and assisting at mass. And at the seemingly utter obliviousness with which those same bishops have NOT attempted to push back at local officialese when it became obvious that others (some private citizens, some Protestant groups) were successfully pushing back through the courts. To the extent I can tell, there does not seem to have been a single bishop who publicly testified that he would resist if the civil authorities’ attempts “went too far”, even allowing his own definitions for “too far”. But such warnings to officials might have done much to restrain some of the excesses.

13. JonPatrick says:

My parents were not religious although I was brought up catholic and attended a parochial school in England for a few years. I have no official records but some letters I found indicate that I received First Communion on Corpus Christi and was baptized shortly before this so I have taken the date of Corpus Christi in 1956, June 3, as my baptismal date.

Comments are closed.