Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. Try AmazonFresh Free Trial Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering And you do need a Kindle! - HERE Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- #ASonnetADay – 47. “Betwixt mine eye and heart a league is took…”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 17th after Pentecost (NO: 26th Ordinary) 2020
- LIVE VIDEO – 27 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – 17th Sunday after Pentecost & Exorcism against Satan and Fallen Angels
- #ASonnetADay – 46. “Mine eye and heart are at a mortal war…”
- Part of this evening’s play list
- Archbp. Marcel Lefebvre remains translated and VIDEO of Pontifical Mass
- LIGHTER FARE… unless you are a Dem
- REVIEW: 2021 TLM Ordo from the FSSP
- HOLY SMOKE!
- ASK FATHER: Priest says “I absolve you from ALL your sins”. Invalid?
- LIVE VIDEO – 26 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – Ember Saturday & Prayer for Government
- #ASonnetADay – 45. “The other two, slight air and purging fire…” Humorous!
- @MassimoFaggioli attacks Judge Amy Coney Barrett and has his “beans” handed back to him
- Wherein Fr. Z is proud of you readers who helped this monastic vocation.
- LIVE VIDEO – 25 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – Ember Friday
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Gnocchi “Becciu” and a song that has nothing to do with him
- #ASonnetADay – 44. “If the dull substance of my flesh were thought…”
- HUGE! Now Card. Becciu not just resigned, but sacked
- ‘c’atholic Pelosi with Sr. Simone trashes the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast and AG Barr
- #ASonnetADay – 43. GUEST SONNET by Elizabeth Barrett Browning – “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
- REVIEW: New “Red Book” for use at the Traditional Latin Mass?
- LIVE VIDEO – 23 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – Ember Wednesday (St. “Padre” Pio)
- Wacko New York City Jesuits – UPDATED – Glen Beck comments
- #ASonnetADay – 43. “When most I wink, then do mine eyes best see…” Chiasmus party!
- LIVE VIDEO – 22 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Thomas of Villanova
- #ASonnetADay – 42. “That thou hast her it is not all my grief…”
- “This is how the persecution starts…”
- ASK FATHER: Can a catafalque be used in an Ordinary Form Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Priest says, “May Almighty God bless US” instead of “YOU”
- LIVE VIDEO – 21 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Matthew
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Reading Francis Through Benedict
Pope Francis blasts “gender” ideology, quotes Benedict XVI: “this is the age of sin against the Creator!”
Here’s something the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) types will struggle with. On 27 July the Holy Father had a closed-door meeting with the bishops of Poland. There was a brief Q&A. Today Francis’ remarks were published. Here is an excerpt. From … Continue reading
The way that some gush over the new insights in Amoris laetitia, you would think that a Pope had finally discovered that there are people out there, with … lives, and everything! However, it could be that there is less innovation than … Continue reading
At Monday Vatican Andrea Galiarducci, has an interesting piece. It is worth reading, but be prepared for a clunky translation, some rambling, and a buried lead. To be sure this writer is smart, well-informed, and solid. He could benefit from … Continue reading
Apparently one of the Francis Effects is “apertura”, “an opening up … openness”. I have suggested elsewhere on this blog, and not too long ago, that Pope Francis could be the one to show TLC to the traditional side. Benedict … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pope Francis visited the Holy Land. On the flight back to Italy, His Holiness held another presser. At this point many of you might be cringing as the thought “What could possible go wrong?” flashes … Continue reading
There is a 14 March ZDF video interview in German with Archbp. Georg Gänswein, the Prefect of the Pontifical Household and, simultaneously, particular secretary of Benedict XVI, Pope Emeritus. The interview reinforces my view that Pope Francis wants Benedict XVI to … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, the mighty P.P of Blackfen, the Dean of Bexley, the indominable Fr. Timothy Finigan opines on the situation the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate are faced with. The Commissar appointed by the Prefect of the Congregation for Religious, João … Continue reading
You will want to read this carefully and put it in your “IMPORTANT” file. This is, again, HUGE news. The 450th anniversary of the closing of the Council of Trent is coming up on 4 December. We like to celebrate … Continue reading
When the liberals gush and gush and ooze about Pope Francis, the most wonderfullest, fluffiest Pope ehvurrrrr, they smear another brush-stroke of paint on the floor as their place in the corner gets smaller and smaller. One of these days, … Continue reading
Over at the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, William Oddie has a piece in which he opines on the HUGE letter of support that Pope Francis send to Archbishop Marchetto. You will recall that Archbp. Marchetto has been … Continue reading