SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- V_Podsnap on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “These must be the sisters who refer to themselves as nunny bunnies.”
- BeatifyStickler on FOR SALE: “TWF. Going to have to disagree. The diocese of Vancouver is on the verge of financial collapse. Some reverent Masses…”
- Andrew on Zoink!: “Augustine described the Cross as the trap for the Devil. … St. Jerome likewise in dramatic terms: “Ero mors tua,…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 701: “My take. White to move 1. Re8+ if 1. … Rxe8 2. b3+ and black’s queen is lost if 1.…”
- redneckpride4ever on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Ecological center? Given the age of these nuns, along with the hugs, smiles and Buddhist speaker… I suspect one of…”
- Liz on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “It made me cry, the sermon on Sunday. Partly, that was because it was my newly ordained, transitional deacon son…”
- giveglory on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Really love following the adventures of Bishop McButterpants. Thank you so much for sharing!”
- Julia_Augusta on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Santissima Trinita dei Pellegrini was packed for Passion Sunday. I arrived 15 min before Mass and barely found a seat.…”
- WanderingConvert on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Father encouraged everyone to go to Confession. Good turnout, too. NO mass. Some of the statues were too high too…”
- Gregg the Obscure on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “1830 Latin NO AO. First time i’ve seen this particular parochial vicar at this Mass. he is also a Scripture…”
- TWF on FOR SALE: “BeatifyStickler: Not coast to coast. We have plenty of reverent NO Masses in Vancouver (including at the cathedral where Latin…”
- Charivari Rob on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “TonyO, I’d say one or two logical possibilities were missing. My experience was “didn’t have time to go looking” —…”
- Fr. Reader on FOR SALE: “Many would see this as something good and necessary: get rid of this old medieval stuff. They are places for…”
- sevensixtwo187 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “We had a very nice crowd for the High Mass for The Annunciation on Saturday (around 300) and then on…”
- FRLBJ on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “All the main statues were covered, but not the Stations of the Cross. We have so many statues. Some are…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
Pope Benedict XVI – Requiescat in pace
I was privileged to have known him well before his election. His loss is a personal loss. Apart from his contributions as a priest, prefect and theologian, two of his accomplishments as Pope stand out for me. Summorum Pontificum – … Read More
Newly Catholic, formerly Anglican bishop has some goals. Wherein Fr. Z offers thoughts.
I read at the National Catholic Register that the newly converted, former Anglican Bishop of Rochester, Michael Nazir-Ali, has a couple of goals for his new life as a Catholic, under the provisions of Anglicanorum coetibus. Remember: Benedict XVI is the Pope of … Read More
40th Anniversary of the Anglican “Pastoral Provision”: a landmark of authentic ecumenism
As we know, Benedict XVI issued Anglicanorum coetibus, which provided for whole Anglican congregations to enter into communion with Rome and to retain substantively their liturgical tradition and to be self-governing. Benedict is, of course, the Pope of Christian Unity. However, … Read More
Another reason for ‘Anglicanorum coetibus’: Church of England says Sunday services no longer mandatory
I think it was the late Fr. Neuhaus who quipped that the purpose of the Church of England was to make irony redundant. Today I read this at AP. No, this is not Eye of the Tiber or the Onion. … Read More
Benedict XVI’s resignation 5 years on. Your thoughts.
Five years ago today, Pope Benedict XVI announced that he would abdicate, effective 28 February. My posts on that day. HERE Lightening struck the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica. The Feast then, as today, of Our Lady of Lourdes. I … Read More
URGENT: Benedict XVI’s new text about Sacred Liturgy – The Russian Preface™
For years I have contended that if we do not revitalize our sacred liturgical worship, every initiative we undertake as a Church will wither and face. Everything we do must start in worship and must be brought back to liturgical worship. We must … Read More
ASK FATHER: Publications to help Lutherans come into the Church in 2017?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I was raised Lutheran and most of my family (4 siblings) still are (one sibling has gone Evangelical). I pray daily for the conversion of all my siblings and their families to the Holy Catholic Church … Read More
Benedict XVI: last Pope of old era or first of the next?
I’m reading the Italian edition of Pope Benedict’s book-long interview with German journalist Peter Seewald. I’m jumping around a bit and I ran across an interesting section. Here is my on the fly translation from the Italian (not from the … Read More
Reason #74 for Summorum Pontificum
This was sent by a priest friend. “OUCH!” doesn’t quite capture my reaction. Let me preface your viewing by saying that the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite is not susceptible to this sort of madness. BTW… the real … Read More
Anglicans, come home!
For all wavering Anglicans I have one thing to say… and I know that it is one your minds…. Anglicanorum coetibus. From the Post-Gazette: Summit could determine fate of Anglican Church It could be a meeting of hearts, or it … Read More
1st Bishop appointed for an Anglican Ordinariate
From a Press Release of the Anglican Ordinariate of St. Peter for these USA HERE POPE FRANCIS NAMES FIRST BISHOP TO LEAD CATHOLICS NURTURED IN THE ANGLICAN TRADITION Bishop-elect Steven Lopes to be introduced at press conference today in Houston … Read More
SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
In other news, the head of the SSPX, Bp. Bernard Fellay, gave an interview to Present in which he spoke of the status quaestionis these days, both within the Society (a priestly society, remember) and outside. HERE Samples: Present: In … Read More
Benedict XVI sent text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
From CNS: Retired pope says interreligious dialogue no substitute for mission VATICAN CITY – Retired Pope Benedict XVI said dialogue with other religions is no substitute for spreading the Gospel to non-Christian cultures, and warned against relativistic ideas of religious … Read More
Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
In the wake of the decision of the State tethered Church of England to have wyshyps (female bishops), the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up a “Exploration Day”. You know that the Ordinariate was created according to the … Read More
Anglicans have a home
Across the pond in Ol’ Blighty, the Church of England has approved female bishops. This was inevitable. The CofE is on the State’s leash and the State blows with (and creates) the wind of social changes, trends, fads, etc. But … Read More
The Wrong Stuff: Anglicans on the course of self-destruction.
One of our frequent commentators here sent me this (appetite spoiling) photo with this: The Right Stuff? (Remember the scene with the 7 astronauts in space suits? Get a load of these photos of “clergy” arriving for vote on wymen … Read More
Lutherans call for Latin Liturgy as an aid to identity and unity
I saw a post at a Lutheran blog calling for – wait for it – more Latin in their liturgy. As a convert to Holy Mother Church from Lutheranism, I found this pretty interesting. I am aware that there exists … Read More
Church of England to dump “sin” and “devil” from baptism rite?
The leading prelate of the Church of England, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who recently called Pope Francis his own Person of the Year, has been a busy bee! From The Mail: [Archpb. of Canterbury] Welby [Anglican] casts out ‘sin’ … Read More
BRICK BY BRICK: 1st Anglican Ordinariate “praying heart” monastery in England!
For your Brick by Brick file, I received a press release about the founding of the Anglican Ordinariate in England’s first monastery! Ordinariate formally establishes its “praying heart” On January 1, the Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God, … Read More