There is a POLL at the end!
Where will you be for Christmas this year and at which Mass do you plan to assist?
For Christmas this year, I will again be in New York City to celebrate the Miracle Near 34th Street, Solemn Midnight Mass at the Church of the Holy Innocents in Manhattan (128 W. 37th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue).
Before Mass, there will be a program of choral music, including Morten Lauridsen’s O Magnum Mysterium. I play that in the RADIO SABINA play list from time to time. For Mass, the choir will sing a favorite of mine de Victoria’s Missa O Magnum Mysterium. After Mass, there will be a short reception. There may even be a certain kind of coffee. I don’t know.
In case you are in the area and thinking you are not going to come, here are some brief samples of the sort of music you will be missing.
The next morning, I will also be at Holy Innocents for the 3rd Mass for Christmas Day, I believe as the deacon.
If you are in the area, and you’re looking for a Miracle near 34th Street, come to Solemn Midnight Mass at the Church of the Holy Innocents in Manhattan!
What will you be doing?
Also… here is a little WDTPRS POLL. Give your best answer and then add a comment
According to the scedule where I am "Midnight Mass" will begin/did begin at...
- Midnight, of course! What a question! (59%, 970 Votes)
- 10 pm (or during that hour) (13%, 209 Votes)
- 11 pm (or during that hour) (11%, 186 Votes)
- 9 pm (or during that hour) (5%, 89 Votes)
- 5 pm (or during that hour) (3%, 52 Votes)
- 8 pm (or during that hour) (3%, 48 Votes)
- There won't be a 1st Mass of Christmas where I am! *sniff* (2%, 35 Votes)
- 7 pm (or during that hour) (2%, 29 Votes)
- 6 pm (or during that hour) (2%, 28 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,646