I wrote something about the miracle attributed to Paul VI the other day. Amazing, as they often are. HERE
From Vatican Radio:
(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis has approved the promulgation of the decree for the cause of beatification of his predecessor Pope Paul VI. The approval was announced Saturday.
The beatification ceremony is scheduled to take place October 19, 2014, at the conclusion of the III Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops on the family.
The Holy Father received Cardinal Angelo Amato SDB, prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints on Friday afternoon, and authorized the Congregation to promulgate the following decrees :
– The miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God Paul VI (Giovanni Battista Montini) , the Supreme Pontiff; born September 26, 1897 in Concesio (Italy) and died August 6, 1978 at Castel Gandolfo (Italy);
– The miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God Luigi Caburlotto , diocesan priest, founder of the Institute of the Daughters of St. Joseph ; born in Venice (Italy) June 7, 1817 and died there July 9, 1897 ;
– The heroic virtues of the Servant of God Giacomo Abbondo, diocesan priest ; born in Salomino (Italy) August 27, 1720 and died in Tronzano (Italy) February 9, 1788 ;
– The heroic virtues of the Servant of God, Giacinto Alegre Pujals, professed priest of the Society of Jesus; born in Terrassa (Spain) December 24, 1874 and died in Barcelona (Spain) December 10, 1930 ;
– The heroic virtues of the Servant of God Carla Barbara Colchen Carré de Malberg , mother of a family, founder of the Society of the Daughters of St. Francis de Sales ; Born in Metz ( France), April 8, 1829 and died in Lorry- les -Metz (France) January 28, 1891 .
Again, in honor of Paul VI, Pope Francis should, at the beatification, bring back the sedia gestatoria, far humbler than the expensive Popemobile and far greener.
If it was good enough for St. John XXIII and Bl. Paul VI, it is good enough for any Pope!