SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- If Vatican II was supposed to usher in a new “springtime”…
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Epiphany: YOU, weary foot soldier of the Church Militant
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday after Epiphany (N.O.: 4th Ord) 2023
- Daily Rome Shot 648 and another “Emeritus”
- The Exorcist Files. Podcasts about real cases.
- Daily Rome Shot 647
- Benedict XVI said that he abdicated because of insomnia
- Fr Z’s Kitchen: Hardwear and soft-fare.
- Daily Rome Shot 646 with Friday appropriate fare
- Responses to Card. McElroy’s essay in Jesuit-run Amerika
- Daily Rome Shot 645 and an Action Item!
- ASK FATHER: How do you argue with extreme fringe trads that the Novus Ordo is valid?
- Daily Rome Shot 645 – Obsculta, O fili, praecepta magistri!
- Daily Rome Shot 644 with overload
- You might be able to improve the preaching in your parish and change a priest’s life. Wherein Fr. Z suggests.
- Daily Rome Shot 643 & inspirational video
- ASK FATHER: Am I cooperating with evil in my job by changing generic “he” on forms to gender neutral terms?
- Daily Rome Shot 642
- 3rd Sunday after Epiphany: “‘Vengeance is YOURS’, saith the Lord!” No… wait… that’s not how it goes. CROSS-POSTED
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 3rd Sunday after Epiphany (N.O.: 3rd Ord) 2023
- ASK FATHER: I don’t believe Francis is really the Pope. Is it a sin to go to Mass where his name is mentioned?
- Diocese of Cheyenne: “Welcome!”
- Daily Rome Shot 641
- ASK FATHER: Pagan amulet for protection
- Daily Rome Shot 640 and MORE Requiem for Card. Pell in Rome
- Daily Rome Shot 639 and a Requiem for Card. Pell in Rome
- Concerning the Antichrist, the End Times, the Restrainer, and YOU. Wherein Fr. Z rants: Save The Liturgy – Save The World
- ASK FATHER: Francis said priests must NEVER deny absolution. True? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Rise in “deaths of despair” and loss of religion
- Daily Rome Shot 638
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Saints: Stories & Symbols
In the Novus Ordo calendar it is the Feast of St. John Neumann (+1860) and also of St. Edward the Confessor (+1066). However, it is also the Vigil of Epiphany and feast of St. Telesphorus (c. 137). St. Irenaeus says … Read More
This question comes from a comment under another post, but it stands on its own. From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, quick question? I too believe that Benedict is a saint in heaven. Of course, when someone dies (including a pope), … Read More
Today, being the Feast of the Evangelist John, we have a special blessing for wine and other libations. I wrote about that HERE. We have this blessing because of an assassination attempt. There was an attempt on the life … Read More
In addition to Boxing Day, and the day good King Wenceslaus went out, it is the feast of St Stephen. I hope all your snow is neat and crisp and even. For my part I am, at the time this … Read More
Today is 21 December, the Winter Solstice and the Feast of the Old Testament Prophet St. Micah. Since the beginning of December, Holy Mother Church has been imitating the Lord on the Road to Emmaus. She has been reminding us … Read More
13 December was the darkest day – with the least sunlight – of the old Julian calendar. Today in the Gregorian calendar is the feast of St. Lucy, whose name from the Latin lux, for “light”, reminds us who dwell in … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: At Mass yesterday the priest said that St. John the Baptist never sinned his whole life due to the absolution he received from the Lord during the Visitation (‘ . . . and he leapt in … Read More
A series of 5 minute daily podcasts for Advent 2022. Today, a slightly different format. From Bl Ildefonso Schuster we hear about St. Nicholas of Myra, or of Bari, the ancient foundational figure for Santa Claus and then morph straight … Read More
A series of short daily podcasts for Advent 2022. Today we hear from the Prophet Isaiah from the Office of Matins for Wednesday even though today is the Feast of St. Andrew. The prophet predicts dire things for society because … Read More
Today in the calendars of both sides of the Roman Rite is the Feast of St. Catherine of Alexandria, virgin, martyr. As a matter of fact, she is celebrated by just about all Christians (who have any doctrine and history). … Read More
I rounded this up from Fakebook. “In the photo Padre Pio and the North American Protestant pilots who converted to Catholicism after seeing the Saint flying with his planes.” The testimony of a general who was converted: in the region … Read More
The other day I deceived you. It wasn’t intentional, but “sorry!” nonetheless. I had posted that St. Rita had seen the consistory list. Well, she had, but the image I posted was not of St. Rita. This is St. Hyacintha … Read More
“A man content to go to heaven alone will never go to Heaven” – Boethius What have you done, lately, to help someone get to Heaven? Today is the feast of St. Severinus Boethius (+525), the author of the Consolation … Read More
A couple years at this time I was in the Vatican gardens. I saw the “Peace Tree” where an Imam recited a sutra from the Koran intended to claim the Vatican for Allah. Nope. I said some very harsh things … Read More
Today is the feast of St. Moses, lawgiver and prophet in the Old Testament. Many people do not realize that may Old Testament figures are considered by Holy Mother Church to be saints. Many of them are listed in editions … Read More
An additional note about St. Raymond Nonnatus. I mentioned his feast in the Rome Shot post today. And today we have the amazing St. Raymond Nonnatus (yes, from Latin non natus). St. Raymond became Master General of the Mercedarians who labored to raise … Read More
I celebrate as my onomastico or “name day” the Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist, 29 August. “He must increase,” said the Baptist, “I must decrease” (John 3:30). I need that rule of life. St Augustine of Hippo … Read More