SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ASK FATHER: A priest asks, “Is it okay to learn how to say the Traditional Latin Mass?” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- You thick-headed restorationists, you backwardist, dogma-refrigerating Neopelagians… there is only one unique expression of the Roman Rite! VIDEO
- Daily Rome Shot 530, etc.
- 10 August: Wonderful Collect for St. Lawrence
- Daily Rome Shot 529, etc.
- “The sky is crying…” – The Vigil and Tears of St. Lawrence
- Daily Rome Shot 528, etc.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants and recommends a must read entry at NLM
- Meanwhile, the Novus Ordo is the only expression of the Roman Rite… not.
- ASK FATHER: The faithful put blood, sweat, and tears into the building, revival of churches, parishes. Given how bishops treat them, is there recourse in Canon Law?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 9th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 19th Sunday)
- Daily Rome Shot 527, etc.
- If a law isn’t accepted, it is essentially no law at all. Traditionis? Time will tell. Novus Ordo? Time has told.
- ASK FATHER: Considering the chaos surrounding ‘Traditionis custodes” could we say that, in effect, it is no law at all?
- Daily Rome Shot 526, etc.
- FATHERS! LAITY! Are you ready?
- Daily Rome Shot 525, etc.
- ASK FATHER: I failed to do my confession penance. Now what?
- Daily Rome Shot 524, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 523, etc.
- Hilarious statement from the Archdiocese of Chicago about the suppression of the Institute of Christ the King
- ASK FATHER: Should displaced Catholics attend the Novus Ordo? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Just Too Cool: Mars rover Curiosity is 10 years old
- VIDEO – A message from Card. Burke to the readership of Fr. Z’s Blog
- Daily Rome Shot 522, etc.
- “Si vis pacem para bellum!” Traditional Catholic Activism? Possible? Necessary? Unavoidable? A mind exercise.
- Daily Rome Shot 521, etc. and…
- Daily Rome Shot 520, etc.
- 3.5% of a group can bring the group down, turn it around, or take it over.
- “Beautiful? The FAITHFUL paid for that. Because they WANTED it. And they trusted. They trusted.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: LENT
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: St. John Lateran for the Catechumens TODAY: Bl. Idelfonso Schuster on how our Lent is not nearly over yet. Fulton Sheen, once again – huge surprise – amazes. … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: St. John Lateran STATION: Holy Cross in Jerusalem Today, St. John Henry Newman remarks about a remarkable place. Fr. Troadec nails it. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. STATION: St. John Lateran Fulton Sheen talks about the Agony of the Garden. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 44: Maundy Thursday – "Agony"
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: St. Peter in Chains (but earlier at the Lateran) STATION: St. Mary Major TODAY: Fr. Troadec coaches us up about how to bear our sufferings. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: Sta Maria in Portico STATION: Sta Prisca TODAY: We hear about the original Gospel for this day before the Passion according to Mark was read. It concerns Mark … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: S. Balbina STATION: S. Praxedes A lesson from Isaiah and comments from B. Idelfonso Schuster and an exciting taste of a new exciting recording which excites me. Fr. … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: Depends… but… Santa Maria “in turris” STATION: St. John Lateran Fr. Troadec speaks about Christ as our King, now reigning. B. Idelfonso Schuster sheds fascinating light on the … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. Collect Church: varia Station: St. John at the Latin Gate Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 39: Saturday Passion Week (5th of Lent) – Red White Green Blue … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: Ss. John and Paul STATION: Santo Stefano Rotondo Today Fr. Troadec unfolds the mystery of Mary’s offering of her Son. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 38: … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: Santa Maria in Via Lata STATION: Sant’Apollinare Fulton Sheen explains love and forgiveness. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 37: Thursday Passiontide (5th Week) – "Much was … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: San Marco STATION: San Marcello al Corso Pius Parsch addresses the image of the Good Shepherd in today’s Mass in three angles. Also, on this day in the … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. STATION: Santa Maria in Via Lata Today Fr. Troadec talks about perseverance under pressure. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 35: Tuesday of Passiontide (5th Week of Lent … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: San Giorgio STATION: San Crisogono Bl. Idelfonso Schuster points out something necessary. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 34: Monday in Passiontide – “God has not created … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. STATION: St. Peter’s Basilica Today: Fr. Z muses. Fr. Patrick Troadec brings us into Passiontide. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday (5th of Lent) … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: Sant’Angelo in piscibus” STATION: San Nicola in carcere Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – 32: Saturday 4th Week of Lent – Prayer of the heart
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT CHURCH: San Vito “ad Macellam Liviae” STATION CHURCH: Sant’Eusebio TODAY: You find out who was a titular cardinal at San Vito, something I’m sure you’ve been wondering about. … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: San Quirico e Giulitta STATION: Santi Silvestro e Martino ai Monti TODAY: We visit the place where there was the first public refutation of Arianism. Also, Card. Schuster … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: St. Mennas STATION: St Paul’s outside the walls TODAY: We hear about this super important day in the journey of the ancient catechumens into the Church. St. Augustine … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. Collect: Monastery of “Santa Maria Domnae Rosae” Station: San Lorenzo in Damaso Card. Bacci talks about resolving to stay with Jesus. Upload complete. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 … Read More
Daily 5 minute podcast to encourage you in your Lenten discipline. COLLECT: Santo Stefano Rotondo STATION: Saint Quatro Coronati Fr. Troadec lays a foundation for patience with a very important group of people. Fr. John Zuhlsdorf · LENTCAzT 2022 – … Read More