SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Music from the FSSP Seminarians in Bavaria
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 11 – Wednesday 2nd Week of Advent – Immaculate Conception
- Daily Rome Shot 353
- News from Guadalajara and what Cardinal Robles has done about the traditional parish
- 6 December – St. Nicholas – varia
- Daily Rome Shot 352
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 2nd Sunday of Advent
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 5 December ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 351
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 08 – 2nd Sunday of Advent – God comes to you more than you go to Him.
- Daily Rome Shot 350 (Bonus)
- Send Fr. Z your snail-mail 2021 CHRISTMAS CARDS! – UPDATE
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 07 – Saturday in the 1st Week of Advent – Sin got you down?
- St. Teresa of Avila, Chess, and You
- Daily Rome Shot 349 (Bonus)
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 06 – Friday in the 1st Week of Advent – About those gates of Hell…
- ACTION ITEM! Prayers for a good next Archbishop of Paris
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 05 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Advent – Being the boss
- Daily Rome Shot 348 (Bonus)
- Today’s day thought experiment: The Oregon Trail
- Daily Rome Shot 347
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 04 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Advent – 2 Peter 3:10 and YOU
- Daily Rome Shot 346
- ADVENTCAzT 2021 – 03: St. Andrew, Apostle
- Daily Rome Shot 345
- ADVENTCAzT 2021 – 02: It’s not that we have to repeat things, we get to repeat them! – FIXED!
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 28 November ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 344
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 1st Sunday of Advent
Let us pray…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
My Twitter – @fatherz
This catechism helped to bring Fr. Z into the Catholic Church!
USE COUPON CODE: fatherz10
Support Military Chaplains!
SOME HELPFUL PAGES
- A Daily Prayer for Priests
- A Prayer Against Persecutors and Evil-Doers
- A prayer before connecting to the internet
- ADVENTCAzT IDEAS 2019
- Basil – Emeritus
- Birettas for Seminarians Project
- CONTACT Fr. Z
- DAILY OFFERING TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
- Do you use my blog often? Is it helpful to you?
- FEEDBACK PROJECT
- Fr. Z’s 20 Tips For Making A Good Confession
- Fr. Z’s 5 Rules of Engagement for after the Motu Proprio is released
- Fr. Z’s Blog Ham Radio Operators
- Fr. Z’s PODCAzT Page
- Fr. Z’s PRAYERCAzT Page
- Fr. Z’s STORES for Fr. Z’s STUFF
- Fr. Z’s Litany for the Conversion of Internet Thugs (2.0)
- Holy See’s page about response to clerical abuse of minors
- INTRODUCTION TO THE SERIES
- Litany for the conversion of internet thugs
- Liturgical-Political Manifesto
- Log In
- MASS INTENTION REQUEST FORM
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, comments, Snail Mail and Email
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project
- Prayer for the Conversion or Downfall of the National catholic Reporter
- PRAYER REQUEST PAGE
- PRAYER TO ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION
- QUADRAGESIMA – LENT
- QUAERITUR / ASK FATHER
- Some books on St Augustine of Hippo
- Summorum Pontificum: Latin and WDTPRS translation
- Support this Blog
- The Holy Father’s Letter for the Year for Priests
- The Patristic Rosary Project
- The Problem With Toning Down the Rhetoric – And Why We Probably Won’t Do It
- THE RULES™ FOR THIS BLOG
- Tips for writing to the Vatican, bishops and priests
- User Profile
- Vatican Radio 1
- WDTPRS Spiritual Bouquet for Pope Benedict for St. Joseph’s Day (19 March)
- WRITING TO FR. Z
- Year for Priests – Indulgence
- Your Message Has Been Submitted
- Z-CAM & RADIO SPTDV
- Zuhlsdorf’s Law
Sun and Band Conditions
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank"
"Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy"
"the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'"
"Zuhlsdorf is an eccentric with no real consequences" - HERE
- Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
"Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes" - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
"I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog."
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
"Fr. Z disgraces his priesthood as a grifter, a liar, and a bully. - - Mark Shea
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!