SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- kurtmasur on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “Technically speaking, the TLM is THE Mass of Vatican II.”
- jflare29 on How to view the SSPX.: “One of my frustrations has been the Church’s persistent inability to make a clear decision. And be accountable to it…”
- Fr. Ó Buaidhe on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “I read somewhere that the Mass of canonisation was the last Solemn Papal Mass (i.e. with Tiara and Precious Tiara)…”
- Chrisc on How to view the SSPX.: “‘Irregularly regularized’ is a great term, though a bit of a mouthful.”
- acardnal on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “What?! No pastrami or corned beef sandwich from a New York deli either coming or going on this trip. Or…”
- RichR on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “After reading this, I then went to the (horrible, yet soon-to-be-defunct) ICEL translation of the Liturgy of the Hours. The…”
- Gregg the Obscure on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “The Georgian cheesy bread dish is Ajaski Khachapuri. House of Bread bakery just down the street from me is well…”
- dinsdale on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “Father Z, the Georgian pastry is called khachapuri, and the one in the photo looks to be excellent!”
- Cornelius on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “SOCOM? But Father, but Father . . .! Why would you be traveling to Special Operations Command? – for that’s…”
- Rod Halvorsen on How to view the SSPX.: “I am always curious as to exactly what piece of paper or utterance from a Pope it will take to…”
- Cornelius on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “It is surely no mere coincidence that this Saint – martyred for his rejection of homosex – was given June…”
- Fredi D'Alessio on How to view the SSPX.: “I think many of us who feel liturgically malnourished due to the unavailability of the Traditional Mass in our area…”
- Sue in soCal on Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.: “God bless you on the anniversary of your ordination, Fr. Z.”
- Fr. Reader on How to view the SSPX.: “Connected to “full Communion” but not to the SSPX. I wish the idea of “state of grace” is fostered a…”
- TWF on How to view the SSPX.: “I don’t think we can get away from the idea of “partial communion”. It clearly exists. The sacraments cannot exist…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
My Twitter – @fatherz
This catechism helped to bring Fr. Z into the Catholic Church!
Great WINE USE COUPON CODE: fatherz10
Some Blogs I Keep Track Of
- A Clerk of Oxford
- Acton Institute Power Blog
- Anecdotal Evidence
- Art of Manliness
- Bonfire of the Vanities
- C-Fam: Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute
- Campus Notes (Card. Newman Society)
- CATHOLIC UNDERGROUND
- Charlotte was Both
- Courageous Priest
- Cowgirl’s Country Life
- Creative Minority Report
- Da mihi hanc aquam
- Eclectic Orthodoxy
- Edward Feser
- FIRST THINGS – “On The Square”
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment
- Fr. Ray Blake – St. Mary Magdalen
- Fr. T. Finigan – The hermeneutic of continuity
- Gandalf's Gallery – ART!
- Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog
- Holy Cards For Your Inspiration
- Hugh Hewitt
- ignatius his conclave
- In the Light of the Law
- Jihad Watch
- Jimmy Akin
- Laudator Temporis Acti
- Liturgical Arts Journal
- Luther Insult Generator
- Messa in latino (In Italian)
- Mulier Fortis
- Musica Sacra
- New Liturgical Movement
- Opus Bono Sacerdotii
- OUP Blog
- Our Word And Welcome To It
- Rorate Caeli
- Sancte Pater
- Shakespeare Insult Generator
- Sympotica graecolatina
- The ASK FATHER Question Box
- The Curt Jester
- The Integrated Catholic Life
- The Lion and the Cardinal
- The Motley Monk
- Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
- Underground Thomist
- Vultus Christi
Useful WDTPRS References
- Acta Apostolicae Sedis ONLINE
- Acta of the Second Vatican Council
- Ages of US Bishops & Empty sees
- Benedict XVI’s letter about SSPX excomm’s
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- CDF Decree – Cum sanctissima
- CDWDS – NOTITIAE
- Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Dictionnaire etymologique de la langue latine by Ernout & Meillet
- Enchiridion Indulgentiarum in Latin
- Evil Overlord List
- Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma by Ludwig Ott
- Gildersleeve’s Latin Grammar
- Holy See’s response to clerical abuse of minors
- Iota Unum by Romano Amerio
- Lewis & Short Latin Dictionary
- Lexicon latinitatis medii aevi: Praesertim ad res ecclesiasticas investigandas pertinens
- Liber Hymnarius
- NOTITIAE RESPONSE DATABASE
- NOTITIAE Responses
- PATROLOGIA GRAECA
- PATROLOGIA GRAECA (bis)
- PATROLOGIA LATINA
- PATROLOGIA LATINA (bis)
- Pont. Comm. Ecclesia Dei (site)
- Pres. Obama's PRO-ABORTION record
- Real Time USA National Debt Clocks
- Souter’s A glossary of later Latin to 600 A.D
- The Spirit of the Liturgy by Joseph Ratzinger
- Universae Ecclesiae
- Year for Priests Indulgences
- YELLOW DOG
Blogs by priests
- CATHOLIC UNDERGROUND
- Fr. Barnes
- Fr. Brown
- Fr. Cusick – Meeting Christ in the Liturgy
- Fr. Eric Sternberg
- Fr. Faulkner – Father Talks Too Fast
- Fr. Finelli
- Fr. Finnegan – Valle Adurni
- Fr. Forde
- Fr. John Holloway
- Fr. Leake
- Fr. Moyle
- Fr. Newman – Ecclesia Semper Reformanda
- Fr. Ray Blake – St. Mary Magdalen
- Fr. Rowe
- Fr. Runyon
- Fr. S. Wang – Bridges and Tangents
- Fr. Somerville-Knapman
- Fr. T. Finigan – The hermeneutic of continuity
- Fr. Thompson
- Fr. Tunink
- Fr. Worthley
- Fr. Zehnle
- These Stone Walls
Support Military Chaplains!
SOME HELPFUL PAGES
- A Daily Prayer for Priests
- A Prayer Against Persecutors and Evil-Doers
- A prayer before connecting to the internet
- ADVENTCAzT IDEAS 2019
- Basil – Emeritus
- Birettas for Seminarians Project
- CONTACT Fr. Z
- DAILY MASS SERMONS – “FERVORINI”
- DAILY OFFERING TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
- Do you use my blog often? Is it helpful to you?
- FEEDBACK PROJECT
- Fr. Z’s 20 Tips For Making A Good Confession
- Fr. Z’s 5 Rules of Engagement for after the Motu Proprio is released
- Fr. Z’s Blog Ham Radio Operators
- Fr. Z’s PODCAzT Page
- Fr. Z’s PRAYERCAzT Page
- Fr. Z’s STORES for Fr. Z’s STUFF
- Fr. Z’s Litany for the Conversion of Internet Thugs (2.0)
- Holy See’s page about response to clerical abuse of minors
- INTRODUCTION TO THE SERIES
- Litany for the conversion of internet thugs
- Liturgical-Political Manifesto
- Log In
- MASS INTENTION REQUEST FORM
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, comments, Snail Mail and Email
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project
- Prayer for the Conversion or Downfall of the National catholic Reporter
- PRAYER REQUEST PAGE
- PRAYER TO ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION
- QUADRAGESIMA – LENT
- QUAERITUR / ASK FATHER
- SAVE THE LITURGY – SAVE THE WORLD
- Some books on St Augustine of Hippo
- Summorum Pontificum: Latin and WDTPRS translation
- Support this Blog
- The Holy Father’s Letter for the Year for Priests
- The Patristic Rosary Project
- The Problem With Toning Down the Rhetoric – And Why We Probably Won’t Do It
- THE RULES™ FOR THIS BLOG
- Tips for writing to the Vatican, bishops and priests
- User Profile
- Vatican Radio 1
- WDTPRS Spiritual Bouquet for Pope Benedict for St. Joseph’s Day (19 March)
- WRITING TO FR. Z
- Year for Priests – Indulgence
- Your Message Has Been Submitted
- Z-CAM & RADIO SPTDV
- Zuhlsdorf’s Law
Some Useful Liturgical Books
- ACTA SANCTORUM
- CDF Decree – Cum sanctissima
- Ceremonies of the Liturgical Year: According to the Modern Roman Rite: A Manual for Clergy and All Involved in Liturgical Ministries [Elliott]
- Learning To Serve [Illustrated] [Carmody]
- Manual of Episcopal Ceremonies (in 2 vols) [Rettger – Stehle]
- Rubrics of the Roman Breviary and Missal [Doyle]
- The Celebration of the Mass (A Study of the Rubrics of the Roman Missal) [O'Connell]
- The Ceremonies of the Roman Rite Described [Fortescue – O`Connell – Reid]
Sun and Band Conditions
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank"
"Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy"
"the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'"
"Zuhlsdorf is an eccentric with no real consequences" - HERE
- Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
"Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes" - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
"I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog."
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
"Fr. Z disgraces his priesthood as a grifter, a liar, and a bully. - - Mark Shea
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!