SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- BobM on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “The linked song – excerpt from the singer/songwriter’s wikipedia: “…Ray Repp was married to, and lived with, his husband of…”
- DanW on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “OMG, I had to immidiatly look up “How do you get rid of an earworm?””
- IaninEngland on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “What a rubbish song that is! Utterly vacuous; shallow and meaningless. I rather think Kumbaya has more to it.”
- FRLBJ on LENTCAzT 2023 – 39: Saturday Passiontide – The hour is coming.: “Thanks for these Lentencasts, Fr. Z? Would it be possible in better times to actually do the processions from church…”
- Irish Timothy on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service: “‘ Frisky guitar playing.…….’ Baahahahhahahaha!!!! Thanks for the laugh Father! I clicked on the link……..oh man. Should I go hug…”
- hwriggles4 on My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!: “Have a safe trip Fr. Z. Maybe Delta now has some 787s or A350s. I think the A330 is being…”
- hwriggles4 on 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war: “Fr. Z: Thanks for posting this. I was invited to WYD 1993 because I was in college. I was a…”
- acardnal on 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war: “Isn’t it about time that her cause for sainthood be opened? I suppose there are too many of her enemies…”
- acardnal on My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!: “Some how I just knew a schmear would appear while you were in NYC! But no corned beef on rye…”
- bookworm on 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war: “I was at WYD with a diocesan pilgrimage group, and was there at Mile High Stadium for the Stations in…”
- Sevens Dad on 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war: “With all due respect to everyone on this site (including Father)… for all the japing and ridiculing by posters that…”
- Not on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-31 – Meeting with clergy: “Looks like Bishop Fatty McButterpants is looking for a Vatican position. They love commitees and subcommitees. Or maybe running for…”
- Kathleen10 on 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war: “Her biography is really good, the one by Raymond Arroyo. As a woman, I felt a lot of pride in…”
- maternalView on My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!: “Ahh! I’d planned to donate towards your latest trip. How’d it get to be April already? Are you still in…”
- Kathy T on My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!: “Safe travels. Look forward to reading your posts”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 23/04 – Day 01: Arrival
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-04-01 – Reconciliation service
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 39: Saturday Passiontide – The hour is coming.
- My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-31 – Meeting with clergy
- 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war
- Daily Rome Shot 706
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 38: Friday Passiontide – Our Lady of Sorrows
- Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son
- UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn
- Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media
- Daily Rome Shot 704
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: liturgy and politics
Benedict XVI on faith in the public square, politics
Yesterday the Holy Father spoke to bishops from Brazil gathered in Rome for their ad limina visit. Some of his comments pertain to the upcoming US midterm election next week and the role of the Church in shaping the consciences … Read More