Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ace: Fr. Z, Could you explain the last comment you made in your original post? I deeply want to understand how lay people have strong influence. I can’ t wrap my head around it. Without...
- mibethda: There is more than one way to skin a cat, and, for the enemies of the traditiona l liturgy and Summorum Pontificum , there is more than one strategy to accomplish their goal. To mix...
- FrAnt: Fr. Z, You responded above saying, “These are different times.” Yes, there is the internet, but conservati ves are being blocked and accounts are being shutdown with no reason given. What...
- Chaswjd: As always, Yes Minister hit the nail on the head thirty years ago: https://yo utu.be/-nr ZBtKWSfs
- OssaSola: I’ll put this link here for the class I mentioned above: http://www .academyof classicall anguages.c om/
- jaykay: “and criticizin g the cruel and anti-scien ce stance of the Vatican, 8221; Fr. Lemaitre begins to revolve in his grave. Fra Bacon and Canon Copernicus were unavailabl e for comment.
- OssaSola: I’d like to mention the Latin Class I take live online for adults. It is taught by a professor at the FSSP Seminary in Denton, Nebraska two evenings per week. He uses the Orberg...
- jaykay: leftycbd: “The 3rd year, we read Cicero. 221; That is pretty good! We started Latin (compulsor y, then) at age barely 11, but 4 years later we were just starting Cicero (it was all...
- Gaetano: The message is clear. Personnel is policy, and this is the man chose above all others.
- teachermom24: I am a simple layperson who loves the Church and has been horrified, as so many have, by all that has transpired and continues to unfold. Just last week, I returned from a three week...
- Fuerza: That’s the Lingua Latina series.
- pbnelson: Robert_Car itas says: 16 November 2018 at 12:44 AM …The parts of Trent which were pastoral – like setting up seminaries – most definitely had authority, and actually often contai...
- Ave Maria: ” I do not believe anyone serving Pope Francis would come to our aid.” ; Yes, I believe this is so. Sadly.
- leftycbd: I was blessed to take 3 years of Latin in High School in the 1980s. The books were about Julius and Amelia in Rome, who, after the second book, were converting to Christiani ty. The 3rd...
- Fuerza: Padredana Do an internet search for little Latin readers. It’s a product designed specifical ly to teach Latin to Catholics and, while designed for children and teens, can also be useful...
- Benedict Joseph: How much more evidence need be produced to eliminate any doubt that we endure a pontificat e outside the parameters of the perennial Magisteriu m?
- FrAnt: There’s an effort to change doctrine, why think it not possible for Rome to do as the person says. I often think that at any moment Francis will overturn SP and not look back.
- Egad_Trad_Dad: St. John Vianney did some initial studies with the parish priest in Ecully, where he was also grouped with children. One tutored him, but at a certain point became frustrated with...
- Kate: I live in a diocese in which the bishop would shut down the TLM if he could. In fact, he consulted a canon lawyer about how to do it, and the canon lawyer told him that legally speaking, he...
- rdtobias: Just want to point out that Sankt Georgen is not a High School in the sense of an academic institutio n teaching young people for four years after grade school, but is more lika a private...
- ddhue: I agree about Memoria Press, it is a great program. We have used many programs over the years as both my husband (very gifted in languages, knows Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, Russian...
- Deo Credo: There was a brand new Spanish Jesuit at SLU that used to come to St Francis de Sales and offer the Latin Mass. They transferre d him out fairly quickly once they found out he believed in...
- Gab: @PMK I find it a little easier to learn the prayers in Latin by singing them. There are loads of youtube videos with prayers sung in Latin with the words in Latin on screen. I am also start...
- fmsb78: There is a little joke on internet that goes like this: “How do we know that not all jesuits are heretics? Because Fr. Mitch Pacwa is still alive.R 21;
- HvonBlumenthal: On another thread I suggested that anyone who has Latin could offer classes to any parishione rs who are interested . Ive been doing this for a year. I have three pupils (1 adult)....
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: The Religion of Peace
I saw a really interesting video at Jihad Watch. It is about the building of a mosque at the site of the super-important Battle of Tours, 25 October 732, where Charles “the Hammer” Martel routed the Islamic invaders.
A mosque at … Continue reading
The Laudator, whom I check often – I add some of his pithier quotes to my commonplace book – has a fascinating entry with descriptions of the Triumph given to Marcantonio Colonna after his victory at Lepanto. It makes for great … Continue reading
Today there was an terror attack in New York City. An Islamic, ISIS inspired Bangladeshi terrorist brought a bomb into the Port Authority during the morning rush hour. It detonated earlier than intended it seems, injuring the idiot badly. Stupid … Continue reading
Since it’s Sunday… a friend forwarded this to me from Right Wing News:
Tampa church warns: We are armed & ready to use deadly force if a shooter attacks us
The churchgoers at River at Tampa Bay Church are taking their safety in … Continue reading
A dear friend sent this nifty story from Philly.com!
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — The Gloucester Township Police Department is hosting a free active shooter training event for local clergy next month.
In a bulletin, police say they want to help clergy become … Continue reading
Terror Analyst Insists, NYC Attack ‘Not Islam,’ Could’ve Been ‘Radicalized Catholics’
The STUPID! It BURNS!
The people of New York City has experienced another terror attack. The perp ran people down with a rented truck. When he got out of the truck, he shouted “Allahu akbar”. He was eventually shot and taken alive. In his … Continue reading
On the Feast of the Holy Rosary, Poles went to the borders to pray in a great Rosary chain for the protection of their nation.
Today, on rising, I was greeted with this great image of a Polish soldier burning an ISIS … Continue reading
On this beautiful Feast of our Guardian angels, we must remember the invisible role they inevitably play in our lives. On a plane of being that we humans cannot sense, the holy angels thwart the attacks of hellish fallen angels, bent on our … Continue reading
7 Oct – Polish bishops urge 1 Million Poles to pray Rosary at border in honor of historic defeat of Islam
The other day in Madrid, I got to see the Juan of Austria’s personal pendant which flew on his ship at the Battle of Lepanto, 7 October 1571.
That victory, under the aegis of the Mother of God, was a turning … Continue reading
The Holy Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire were at war. Vienna had been under siege for months. On 11 September a coalition of Christian forces, a Holy League blessed by Bl. Pope Innocent XI, arrived with Jan III Sobieski, … Continue reading
After the Muslims took Constantinople in 1453 after a 53-day siege, Sultan Mehmed II went next for Hungary, first attacking Belgrade. It didn’t go well for Mehmed. The siege turned into a counterattack which overran the Muslim camp. The Islamic … Continue reading
Pope Francis gave an interview to the 93 year old atheist Eugenio Scalfari who, when he was young, was a Fascist and then later a Socialist and, in previous interviews with the Pope didn’t take notes or make recordings.
In La … Continue reading
Great VIDEO @ActonInstitute – @DrSamuelGregg on threats faced by religious believers around the world
Here is a sample of the content of Acton University.
Samuel Gregg, Director of Research at the Acton Institute, delivers the opening plenary lecture of Acton University 2017 at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Gregg’s lecture focuses on the … Continue reading