Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Therefore, it is not licit to deny Holy Com...
- Gerard Plourde said Without knowing the full context it seems pointles...
- Thorfinn said Let’s leave it as: “The priest should...
- wmeyer said Oh, frjim, how utterly unsurprising that you would...
- RJHighland said Our Lord before he accended into heaven stated ...
- paladin said Jacobi wrote: That priest does not believe in the...
- vetusta ecclesia said Was the anti-trans movement in USA really called &...
- Dialogos said I feel this young man’s pain: two years ago...
- frjim4321 said Scott W., talk to anyone with psychological traini...
- dans0622 said Dr. Peters and Fr. Longenecker also blogged about...
- frjim4321 said “Priest should be named and shamed.” Shaming spee...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said 13k is pretty good for a group, Catholics, who eve...
- DavidJ said Spade: “Priest should be named and shamed...
- Gretchen said Cardinal Kasper is very cunning, of course. His ar...
- wised said frjim4321, I wonder if Christ, Present in the Euch...
- wised said frjim4321, I wonder if Christ, Present in the Euch...
- Charles said Fr. Z, I have a quick question for you. Recently,...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Unlike Yankeeland, the tribal diversity of Dixie h...
- Henry Edwards said frjim, For a priest to unlawfully insist on one st...
- RobS said frjim4321 wrote: I find it quite interesting that...
- SimonDodd said Isn’t it interesting how, for Fr. Jim, it...
- wised said If I could knee on the floor without assistance I...
- Scott W. said You are blaming the victim frjim4321. We’ve...
- frjim4321 said I find it quite interesting that the individual in...
- PA mom said That believing the literal words of Jesus with reg...
- Alaina said Father quoted, “Pope Benedict said: ‘T...
- robtbrown said Apparently, Liberal Fascism is alive and sleepless...
- Spade said Priest should be named and shamed with contact inf...
- APX said According to a priest from the FSSP, even though t...
- Lavrans said Those dang ol’ fundamentalists and sourpusse
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: The Religion of Peace
At First Things George Weigel has a short piece about how Benedict XVI was right in his memorable, controversial Regensburg Lecture in 2006. He has prompted me to go back to review what Benedict said. Weigel gives a précis:
Eight years … Continue reading
The Holy Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire were at war. Vienna had been under siege for months. On 11 September a coalition of Christian forces, a Holy League blessed by Bl. Pope Innocent XI, arrived with Jan III Sobieski, … Continue reading
The Daily Caller has this:
Catholic Cardinal McCarrick Embraces Islam
Catholic Cardinal Theodore McCarrick offered Islamic religious phrases and insisted that Islam shares foundational rules with Christianity, during a Sept. 10 press conference in D.C.
“In the name of God, the Merciful and … Continue reading
At the moment I am in Grand Rapids, MI. No, this is not an Acton event. I am visiting the parish of Fr. Robert Sirico (who happens to head up Acton Institute), to speak at a function and, frankly, … Continue reading
Sure… right… these words were taken out of context. Right.
However, I like the fact that some Muslims offered to help clean it up.
Bottom line: Sure, maybe it was a bunch if idiot punks who did this. This may not be … Continue reading
The incarnation of evil called ISIS (ISIL… whatever), according to the tenets of the Religion of Peace, bravely beheaded another helpless journalist.
Prayers for him and for his family.
Prayers that more people will wake up to what is happening with the … Continue reading
I saw at Cross Map (with the help of Pewsitter) that the mouth-breathers of the Religion of Peace called Boko Haram, who seriously suffer from “Isis-envy” (I’m no shrink but that’s what it looks like) have upped their game right … Continue reading
More from the Religion of Peace via Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch. This time we see the deadly ministrations of the mouth-breathers of Boko Haram. I’m no shrink, but these guys clearly suffer from “Isis-envy”:
Nigeria: Islamic jihadists loot and vandalize … Continue reading