SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- “The Devil, the Enemy of the soul, always tells us what he is up to.” Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium!
- How can the “four camps” in the Church be reconciled?
- Daily Rome Shot 577, etc. – Hurricane Early Edition
- Wolves v. Bear, Windswept House, and the Belgian Waffle Bishops.
- Daily Rome Shot 576, etc.
- “This has the logo of the Synod (“walking together”) of Bishops. ” Prepare for a rough ride.
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic layman officiate at the marriage of non-Catholics?
- Daily Rome Shot 575, etc.
- I now may have seen it all.
- Ad repellendas tempestates… Prayers for the repelling of storms.
- Daily Rome Shot 574, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! Gulf Coast BISHOPS, PRIESTS, LAITY: Pray the Litany against Tropical Storm #Ian
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals in large print for people with low vision
- Daily Rome Shot 573, etc.
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS – UPDATED
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 16th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 26th Sunday): “Is there a vice which God must hate more than pride?” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- WDTPRS – Collect 26th Sunday of Ordinary Time (Novus Ordo): “the bowels of compassion”
- WDTPRS – 16th Sunday after Pentecost: good works bound up in grace
- Daily Rome Shot 572, etc.
- Persecution by Rome of the Bp. of Fréjus-Toulon – UPDATED
- Travel, foreign currency, ATMS and YOU!
- It’s Ember Friday in September. Fast and pray for the Church! DO IT!
- Daily Rome Shot 571, etc.
- ASK FATHER: My grandparents were Masons. Is there demonic attachment now for generations?
- Daily Rome Shot 570, etc. and a special birthday!
- Serotinal autumnal nycthemeral parity
- My View For Awhile: Southbound
- Daily Rome Shot 569, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 568, etc.
- 19 September 2022: The Blood of San Genaro
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Sonnet A Day
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 154. “The little Love-god lying once asleep…” FINIS pic.twitter.com/JOwGAIRhDo — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 23, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 153. "Cupid laid by his brand and fell asleep…" pic.twitter.com/JrWufdd3j6 — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 23, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 152. “In loving thee thou know’st I am forsworn…” pic.twitter.com/pXLyMDqjqX — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 22, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 151. “Love is too young to know what conscience is…” pic.twitter.com/nwpgld0Yoa — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 21, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 150. “O! from what power hast thou this powerful might…” pic.twitter.com/k55999eQuh — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 20, 2021 This was a serious pain to post, tonight. Zuhlsdorf’s Law kicked in.
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 148. “O me! what eyes hath Love put in my head…” pic.twitter.com/iu2UOCbuTI — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 17, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 147. “My love is as a fever longing still…” pic.twitter.com/TLygFu2BXP — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 16, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 146. “Poor soul, the centre of my sinful earth…” pic.twitter.com/osmL5cc6Xs — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 15, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 145. “Those lips that Love’s own hand did make…” pic.twitter.com/LyxZtuROmi — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 14, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 144. “Two loves I have of comfort and despair…” pic.twitter.com/7u52W5jzFs — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 14, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 143. “Lo, as a careful housewife runs to catch…” (I tossed a coin over “housewife” or “hussif”.) pic.twitter.com/AG2upG4Q9d — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 13, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 142. “Love is my sin, and thy dear virtue hate…” pic.twitter.com/grjtgx3XSg — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 12, 2021
#ASonnetADay – Sonnet 141. “In faith, I do not love thee with mine eyes…” pic.twitter.com/eVdX2QyutM — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 11, 2021
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 140. “Be wise as thou art cruel; do not press…” pic.twitter.com/NRghPvO1QL — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 9, 2021
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 139. “O call not me to justify the wrong…” pic.twitter.com/F0FceWY0bz — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 8, 2021
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 137. “Thou blind fool, Love, what dost thou to mine eyes…” (Our Lady of Vulcan is back, in honor of @SirPatStew who started these sonnet days.) pic.twitter.com/z1nQChDnB3 — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 3, 2021
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 135. “Whoever hath her wish, thou hast thy Will…” & SONNET 136 “If thy soul check thee that I come so near…”
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 135. “Whoever hath her wish, thou hast thy Will…” & SONNET 136 “If thy soul check thee that I come so near…” pic.twitter.com/d2EZoa6x9u — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 2, 2021
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 134. “So now I have confessed that he is thine…” OOOPS! By accident I deleted the original, so I'm reposting this. Sorry. pic.twitter.com/HecgFXf8Ei — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 2, 2021
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 133. “Beshrew that heart that makes my heart to groan…” pic.twitter.com/W3j3sVzhTC — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) April 1, 2021
#ASonnetADay – SONNET 132. “Thine eyes I love, and they, as pitying me…” pic.twitter.com/x6C0wRYiXX — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) March 30, 2021