Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Up to 15% off New Products from AmazonBasics
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ASK FATHER: Does the SSPX “exercise legitimate ministries” or not?
- LIVE VIDEO – 30 Nov – 1200h CST – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Andrew, Apostle (Exorcism re: election/vote results)
- Daily Rome Shot 11
- NOTA BENE! FINAL DAY 30 Nov. – Special Decree extends opportunity for Plenary Indulgence for Poor Souls through whole of November
- ADVENTCAzT 2020 02: “The wonders of creation are a mystical ladder that leads us to God.”
- #ASonnetADay – 103. “Alack, what poverty my Muse brings forth…”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Sunday of Advent – 2020
- Daily Rome Shot 10
- Send Fr. Z your snail-mail 2020 CHRISTMAS CARDS!
- LIVE VIDEO – 29 Nov – 1200h CST – Traditional Latin Mass – 1st Sunday of Advent (Exorcism re: election/vote results)
- An important apostolate: SEVEN SISTERS
- Daily Rome Shot 09
- ADVENTCAzT 2020 01: “Jesus thirsts for us to thirst for Him”
- #ASonnetADay – 101. “O truant Muse, what shall be thy amends…” & 102. “My love is strengthen’d, though more weak in seeming…”
- Mass schedules… then and now
- GOOD NEWS: “Key” available for Scanlon’s “Latin Grammar: Grammar Vocabularies, and Exercises in Preparation for the Reading of the Missal and Breviary”
- ACTION ITEM – POLL: New possible vestment for ADVENT for live streamed Masses
- Daily Rome Shot 08
- LIVE VIDEO – 28 Nov – 1200h CST – Traditional Latin Mass – B.V. Mary on Saturday (Exorcism re: election/vote results)
- Is it time to exorcize the Democrat Party?
- Liturgical tweaking: rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic
- ACTION ITEM! Seminarian in need of prayers
- ASK FATHER: What happens to the Eucharist if the priest does not communicate during Mass?
- Daily Rome Shot 07
- Rome Shot 06
- #ASonnetADay – 100. “Where art thou, Muse, that thou forget’st so long…” Thanks, @sirpatstew …
- VIDEO for Thanksgiving: Archbp. Carroll’s Prayer For Government & Exorcism Against Satan and Fallen Angels for the sake of Election Integrity
- “Devout” Biden and the Palmist
- LIVE VIDEO – 26 Nov – 1200h CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive of the Holy Ghost & Thanksgiving (Exorcism re: election/vote results) – INTENTION: My benefactors
- Wherein Fr. Z reacts to a seminarian’s “cri de coeur”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: #ASonnetADay
#ASonnetADay – 101. “O truant Muse, what shall be thy amends…” & 102. “My love is strengthen’d, though more weak in seeming…”
#ASonnetADay – 102. “My love is strengthen’d, though more weak in seeming…” pic.twitter.com/2516V4ruJX — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) November 29, 2020 #ASonnetADay – 101. “O truant Muse, what shall be thy amends…” pic.twitter.com/Cke09n9THM — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) November 28, … Continue reading
#ASonnetADay – 99. “The forward violet thus did I chide…” pic.twitter.com/8Bw1OIPGTy — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) November 24, 2020
#ASonnetADay – 98. “From you have I been absent in the spring…” pic.twitter.com/6eBg8RA0Ms — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) November 23, 2020
#ASonnetADay – 96. “Some say thy fault is youth, some wantonness…” pic.twitter.com/lEwc5yWgCQ — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) November 21, 2020
#SonnetADay – 85. “My tongue-tied Muse in manners holds her still…” pic.twitter.com/FywnRfvoSo — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) November 9, 2020
#ASonnetADay – 62. "Sin of self-love possesseth all mine eye…" pic.twitter.com/OmnjjIav1m — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) October 14, 2020
#ASonnetADay – Ozymandias -GUEST SONNET by Percy Byshe Shelley pic.twitter.com/k3QWSiLdPp — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) September 15, 2020
Now that I reached the milestone – a Roman thing – of Sonnet 17 and the end of the “Procreation Sonnets”, I thought I would put a bookend on the subset. Here is a version of Sonnet 1 in Rome’s … Continue reading
#ASonnetADay SONNET 4. pic.twitter.com/Cjkl7Rd49h — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) August 11, 2020
Happy Feast of St. Lawrence. Which has nothing much to do with… SONNET 3. #ASonnetADay pic.twitter.com/gfLfKDfiAA — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) August 10, 2020
Happy Sunday! Sonnet 2. #ASonnetADay pic.twitter.com/HjRKH6UVNc — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (@fatherz) August 9, 2020
From a reader… Father Z you used to make podcasts where you read poetry but you havent done that for a long time now. I used to like those. I just found on Facebook something the actor Patrick Steward (Captain … Continue reading