Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- ChiaraDiAssisi: How romantic. *eye roll
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Islam
Yes, there are true refugees. I don’t think they are all refugees. We shall see.
Meanwhile, some are rejecting aid because there is a Red Cross on the packages.
What do you think will come of this… migration?
May the Blessed Virgin, who … Continue reading
ISIS has a new thing they are doing.
They put men in a cage and lower them into water a few times until they drown.
Of course they have underwater cameras.
They also put them in a car and then blow it up.
The … Continue reading
Years ago I read a Friday mosque speech in which the imam, or whatever, said “If before we couldn’t win with the long sword, we will win with the short sword!” He went on to explain that the men had to breed … Continue reading
From The Christian Post I learned another horrible thing about terrorists of the Religion of Peace.
As the death toll from the Garissa University College massacre climbed to 148 Friday, eyewitness accounts from survivors revealed a harrowing picture of how students were … Continue reading
This is what the barbarians are doing in Mosul.
Ladies and Gentleman, the ISIS iteration of the Religion of Peace.
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us.
St. Lawrence of Brindisi, pray for us.
The beheadings continue. What will be the response of civilization?
“Rome” is a target for ISIS. What that means, we aren’t sure. It seems to be code for “Christians”, the lands which once comprised Christendom. It also probably means Rome itself.
From … Continue reading
I point the readership’s attention at a blog which lead me to a piece in the Italian Il Foglio.
The situation in Belgium is described. Belgium has nearly completely abandoned the Catholic Faith.
Belgium is Committing Suicide
As the capital of … Continue reading
I am not sure if this is true or not. That said….
ISIS Beheads Iraqi Priest in Mosul
According to locals and eye witnesses, ISIS beheads an Iraqi priest who captured him 7 month ago.
Local says ISIS militants announced beheading of priest … Continue reading
It seems that ISIS/ISIL put the Jordanian pilot, Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbe, in a cage, doused him with some flammable liquid, trailed some out of the cage, and lit him on fire. HERE
The video is slick, carefully made. The video cuts … Continue reading
I noticed this at American Catholic:
The slogan Je Suis Charles Martel is beginning to make its way around Saint Blogs. Here is some information on the grandfather of Charlemagne who stopped the advance of Islam into what became France in … Continue reading
At NRO be sure to take in every word of Samuel Gregg’s exceptional answers in a short interview on questions that have to be asked about Islam. Gregg brings us back in particular to Benedict XVI’s insightful Regensburg Address.
Here is … Continue reading
In American Spectator there is a piece by George Neumayr caught my eye:
THE DIVIDED WEST
Its “values” are too confused to eliminate jihadism.
The White House’s decision to avoid the Paris rally against last week’s jihadist killings conforms to its relaxed attitude toward radical … Continue reading
From Catholic Vote with my emphases:
CATHOLIC CHURCH FAILS TO BEHEAD A SINGLE PERSON IN 2014
For the most intolerant and extreme religion in the world, this is a rather embarrassing statistic.
It appears that the Catholic Church, widely recognized as the most uncompromising and … Continue reading
Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem.
Some scholars of Late Antiquity are skeptical about or even scoff at the ancient tales about Christian children who refused to renounce Christ even in the face of terrible pain and fear.
Even in our modern period, … Continue reading
The members of the Religion of Peace like to try to kill innocent people on anniversaries, it seems. Today, the Canadian Parliament was attacked. HERE I suspect they weren’t Quebec separatists.
Today is the Feast of St. John Paul II. BUT!…
Today, … Continue reading