Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- texsain said I think we could imagine all sorts of nightmarish...
- msc said Young Latin Mass Guy: Be assured there are others...
- Matt Robare said We had full diplomatic relations with the USSR and...
- Woody79 said For what it’s worth, the last three of my ch...
- crjs1 said It’s not like the Holy Father is alone in wa...
- Eric said I have heard no mention of compensation from the C...
- Ted said Here is the AP story about Pope Benedict initiatin...
- Matt Robare said I had all of two semesters of Latin in college. It...
- servulus indignus Christi said My own personal perspective as a Catholic Latin te...
- floppy2 said It is an unfortunate day in my 57 years of living...
- ChrisRawlings said Can I just say that people really ought to think t...
- Robbie said I’m not sure where to go on this one. IR...
- Rob22 said Traductor, yes the Pope is the Obama of the Cathol...
- AnnTherese said Since we’re discussing sacred music, I meant...
- pseudomodo said Sorry…. jumped the gun on this so to speak...
- CrimsonCatholic said Did the embargo actually accomplish anything good?...
- Hidden One said This would seem to be a still more serious issue f...
- jacobi said I am delighted to see that the Pope’s comments on...
- CruceSignati said Another one of my “neighboring parish”...
- iamlucky13 said “The stations are, of course, highly stylize...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said I was not baptized as an infant, because in my mot...
- CruceSignati said But Father, but Father, they say “peace to M...
- Dave N. said Looks to me like Alan Gross’s release was th...
- PostCatholic said Ahem. Two citizens, one who won’t be named....
- ChrisRawlings said The AP is reporting that American Jews and Pope Be...
- DisturbedMary said What’s next? Will we be seeing Al Sharpton a...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said … and from what I’ve read, I’ll...
- ocalatrad said My family on my dad’s side is of Cuban desce...
- Suburbanbanshee said The Vatican website has a ton of stuff available,...
- donadrian said I am pleased that there are still some people like...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
- ADVENTCAzT 14: Mary’s reaction to the angel unfolds in three steps
- ASK FATHER: Will I have my pets again in heaven?
- Congratulations to a long-time participant and commentator for his ORDINATION!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ASK FATHER: Direction of the couple exchanging vows
- ADVENTCAzT 13: “A type of the manly vocation”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Islam
“Nobody wants to tell the truth! … They say openly if you don’t convert, we’ll kill you. It turns out they actually mean it.”
Here is a cold cup of reality from former Speaker of the house Newt Gingrich for the viewers of CNN on 8 August:
“Nobody wants to tell the truth,” he complained. “The truth is this is a radical Islamist group. They … Continue reading
First, I am convinced that what is going on in Iraq is going to have dangerous consequences for us here in these USA and for Western Europe. Prepare your minds and gird yourselves.
Pres. Obama flippantly called these heavily-armed and successfully murdering … Continue reading
In Iraq, ISIS is bulldozing churches and turned the Cathedral of Mosul into a mosque. Meanwhile, many thousands of miles away…
… in the National Post:
What’s happening to Montreal’s churches? Quebec finding new ways to preserve its heritage in a … Continue reading
As I watch the nasty business with the Gaza Strip, I continue my reading of Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategies for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Religion, and Promoting Terrorism. It was written by the former head of Romanian intelligence … Continue reading
I just saw images of the works of militants of the Religion of Peace spreading across Iraq, as they push for an Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
They put people into ditch with their arms tied behind their backs and … Continue reading
More from The Religion of Peace.
From Weasle Zippers:
Report: Christian Woman Has Mouth, Eye Sewn Shut In Saudi Arabia For Professing Jesus As Her Savior…
Via ErsPress (Google translation from Arabic):
This young girl was employed in Palmelkh Saudi Arabia had the audacity … Continue reading
… a lawsuit ensues.
This story underscores something increasingly common: more and more people want to force you to their will and they will use intimidation and government agencies and violence to force your conformity.
Let’s watch what happens, when special interest … Continue reading
Via the European Freedom Initiative:
Muslims Capture 9 Year Old Christian Girl, And Brutally Rape Her For 19 Days
A nine year old Christian girl in Jordan was captured by Muslims who brutally raped her for 19 days.
She was from Iraq and … Continue reading
More about The Religion of Peace from Jihad Watch:
Nigeria: Islamic jihadists murder at least 62 people, including 22 at church service
Shhh! “Talk about extreme, militant Islamists and the atrocities that they have perpetrated globally might undercut the positive achievements that … Continue reading