Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mike said Mhazell, Great; thanks!
- dmwallace said Just noodling on some theological matters that I h...
- acardnal said Assuming the rumor comes to be a fact, there are a...
- Andrew said “Before 1962, the “First” Sunday of September migh...
- Legisperitus said I have pre-ordered the book. You’re a good m...
- mhazell said @Mike (and anyone else interested): that Rorate pa...
- mysticalrose said Hmmmm…is Pope Francis also “annoyed...
- donato2 said I think I have developed a trustworthy key (fancy...
- Gregorius said I remember one time in a seminary library grabbing...
- mysticalrose said St. Robert Bellarmine was passed over 3 times for...
- tgarcia2 said I love this website, nice hand missal too! This, i...
- Vecchio di Londra said I wouldn’t (yet) draw any firm inferences fr...
- kpoterack said “If the pope is annoyed, and that is still v...
- Nicholas said KateD, Benedict’s argument for why we would...
- Speravi said Rorate has finally stirred me out of my lethargy....
- defend_us_in_battle said Father, I don’t understand this. Everyday,...
- kpoterack said Fr. Z. I know that you want us to order the book (...
- CrimsonCatholic said @Fr Z, I didn’t know if this is the appropri...
- Mike said I don’t, but if I remember correctly Rorate...
- AV8R61 said Sid Cundiff: Imrahil thinks too much in terms of s...
- Sword40 said How many rodents must sneak into the house before...
- Lutgardis said chuckharold, did Cardinal George himself write tha...
- Riki said OUR LADY of SORROWS O dearest Mother, Lady of Sorr...
- Juergensen said “Da qualche fessura sia entrato il fumo di S...
- pannw said I admit it, it is the gloating from his detractors...
- McCall1981 said I don’t have the book yet, but I’m imp...
- tcreek said Rorate Caeli reports from a source that : ”...
- chuckharold said I read Crux. I also read NC Reporter and NC Revie...
- carolina publican said Since there seems to be a lot of speculation, but...
- Robbie said “Henry Edwards says: Robbie: Ok, let’s tak...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Palm Sunday
Please use the sharing buttons? Thanks!
Today is Monday of Holy Week.
Examine your consciences.
Have you made your good confession?
Today I use a cut from the Choeur Gregorien De Paris: Gregorian Chants / Liturgy for Holy Week. Also hear something from the wonderful CD of … Continue reading
So, what was Palm Sunday like where you were? Were there palms? Olive branches? Was there a procession out of doors? Did Father preach at all and was there any good points? Was the Passion spoken or sung? By deacons? … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons? Thanks!
Today is Palm Sunday. Holy Week begins.
Examine your consciences and then…
GO TO CONFESSION!
These daily podcasts for Lent are intended to give you a small boost every day,
I persevere in this daily project in thanks to my … Continue reading
Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. The Sacred Triduum (triduum from tres dies – “three day space”) were once days of obligation when people were freed from servile work so that they could attend the liturgies, once celebrated … Continue reading
From a reader:
At this year’s Palm Sunday Mass (Novus Ordo) at a Benedictine monastery near where I live, the Passion Narrative was cut in its entirety and replaced with a slide show of sorts narrated by children from the parish. … Continue reading
At the blog Laetificat, run by a sharp gal in Madison (who comments here), there are some marvelous images juxtaposed.
First, pictures by kids from last Palm Sunday. Go there for the back story.
Some of Matisse to this…
Oh my, is this … Continue reading
I had originally worked with the official text that was released. The Pope changed his sermon and here is the revised text. That‘ll teach me! This is going to be a big challenge for people following his sermons. He departs … Continue reading
Today is Palm Sunday, Holy Week begins.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, which belonged to the losers, a thought from Benedict XVI about who ascent and the gravitational forces that draw us in different directions – it is … Continue reading
Pope Benedict XVI’s sermon for Palm Sunday. First, His Holiness gives us context and then he gives us some classic Ratzinger. My emphases and comments.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Palm Sunday is the great doorway leading into Holy Week, the week when the Lord Jesus makes … Continue reading
UPDATE: A reader in a comment below shows that I was wrong about my answer. But I am going to claim that I am also right, depending on which country you are in. It was inconceivable to me as I … Continue reading