SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- POLL on a BURNING QUESTION REVISITED: The Plural of “Gin & Tonic” – Daily Rome (not) Shot – 506 – bonus video
- Archd. Washington DC, can. 915, Pelosi, transparency
- ASK FATHER: Venial sins and the Novus Ordo
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 505 – bonus pics
- TC Repression in the Diocese of St. Augustine
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 504 – bonus pics
- Bishops with… wherewithal!… back up Archbp. Cordileone and can 915
- Rogation Days
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 503 – bonus pics
- Archbp. applies can. 915 to Pelosi: until PUBLIC regret for supporting abortion, no Communion
- Just Too Cool at Le Barroux
- Wherein Francis explains it all to Bono
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 502 – bonus pics
- ASK FATHER: Traditional Confirmation Availability?
- ARIZONA: Abortion Pill Rescue Network
- ASK FATHER: Can Catholics still get married with the Traditional Latin rite of Matrimony?
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 501 – bonus pics
- Concerning the Traditional Latin Mass in Washington D.C.
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 500
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 499
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Easter (5th Sunday of, N.O.)
- Fr Dana Christensen: R.I.P.
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan in the Temple of God
- Daily Rome (not) Shot 498, etc.
- Daily Rome (not) Shot 497, etc.
- Hero priest Joseph Card. Zen, 90, has been arrested in Hong Kong
- Daily Rome (not) Shot 496, etc.
- My View For Awhile: Strangers and Italian Sojourners
- 9 May: St. Isaiah, Old Testament Prophet, with other, martyrs
- Daily Rome Shot 495, etc.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 17 February 2008
I got this question via e-mail: I have consulted several priests from traditional orders regarding the celebration of St. Joseph’s feast day on March 15 this year. They tell me this date applies only to the novus ordo and that … Read More
I got this a while back, but am just now able to get to it. I received this via-e-mail: Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf, I thought you might be interested in what was going on in the Archdiocese of Baltimore concerning the … Read More
I got a question by e-mail (edited). I hope you can help out. Dear Fr. Z, My family has started attending the extraordinary form of the mass, and it has been such a blessing to us! I enjoy reading and … Read More
Over at NLM we find a photo taken during the Lenten exercises for the Holy Father and curia. The altar in the Redemptoris Mater sure seems awfully close to that wall, doesn’t it?
I got a very interesting letter from a seminarian who will remined nameless. The seminarian asked the Commission some questions. The answers are illuminating. First, the Commission says that seminarians "have the right" to be instructed also in the older … Read More
I travelled to Oxford this week to participate in a colloquium on blogging at the Catholic Chaplaincy sponsored by the Newman Society. I had a chance to walk around the town a bit and enjoy the sights in the company … Read More
This is in from Ave Maria University: Dear Ave Maria Community Members, After extensive discussion involving the University’s leadership and priests and others, the Chaplain’s Office is happy to announce that our newly adjusted Mass schedule for Ave Maria University … Read More
I got this by e-mail. Very interesting and good news. Fr Z, Got a flyer this A.M. that reads: Father William Young will begin celebrating the Traditional Latin Mass on Sundays at 11:30am on March 2, 2008 at Holy Rosary … Read More
I am trying to get to the bottom of something which seems to be going on at Mundelein Seminary in the USA. A seminarian sent me a copy of a letter that the Rector of Mundelein sent, I believe, to … Read More
The Times has an interesting piece today about the Chinese possibly doing an about-face on a future visit from Pope Benedict XVI. My emphases and comments. From The Sunday TimesFebruary 17, 2008China repents and seeks to woo PopeMichael Sheridan, Far … Read More
My friend KK sent me the following article from the Kansas City Star, to which I have applied my own emphases and comments. Prayer retains veiled remarks Bill TammeusColumnistKansas City Star Earlier this month Pope Benedict XVI ordered good changes … Read More