SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Persecution by Rome of the Bp. of Fréjus-Toulon
- Travel, foreign currency, ATMS and YOU!
- It’s Ember Friday in September. Fast and pray for the Church! DO IT!
- Daily Rome Shot 571, etc.
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: My grandparents were Masons. Is there demonic attachment now for generations?
- Daily Rome Shot 570, etc. and a special birthday!
- Serotinal autumnal nycthemeral parity
- My View For Awhile: Southbound
- Daily Rome Shot 569, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 568, etc.
- 19 September 2022: The Blood of San Genaro
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Supper with friends
- Daily Rome Shot 567, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 566, etc.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: A bit of Rome in Chicago
- My View For Awhile: Society Edition
- Daily Rome Shot 565, etc.
- Do know what “Maranatha” is in the Catholic Church? Really?
- ♬ “Let Church Bulletins Keep Silence” ♬
- The effect of lay participation on the souls of priests
- 17 Sept 2022 – Washington DC – Pilgrimage for the Restoration of the Traditional Latin Mass for all Catholics
- 1960: What the year 2000 will be like.
- WDTPRS – 15th Sunday after Pentecost: We will come home to a safe landfall!
- A canceled priest speaks. ACTION ITEM!
- Daily Rome Shot 564, etc.
- Francis goes to Kazakhstan, says stuff and signs something. What could go wrong?
- The Novus Ordo giving us another “unique expression” in Ireland
- 15 September: Feast of the Seven Sorrows of Mary – The “Our Lady of Sorrows Project”
- Daily Rome Shot 563, etc., well… not quite
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 11 July 2007
From the Diocese of Orange in California comes this official statement about the Motu Proprio. A statement from this diocese is of particular interest in that there has not been strong support for celebrations of the older form of Mass … Read More
Something hilarious from The Curmudgeon: The Coca Cola Company allows production of "Coca Cola Classic"By Coca Cola News Service ATLANTA (CNS) — In a long-awaited overture to disaffected soda traditionalists, the president of the Coca Cola Company allowed limited production … Read More
Vatican Radio interviewed my friend Mons. Camille Perl, Secretary of the Pont. Comm. "Ecclesia Dei", in German, about the Motu Proprio. About the possibility of "mixing" elements of the two uses he said: Kann man die Usus eigentlich auch mischen? … Read More
I don’t think Sr. Chittister has had the chance to comment on the new CDF document about subsistit in yet. In the meantime, we can read PRAVDA Vatican insults other chirches [sic] saying ‘Catholicism is the only true church’11.07.2007 … Read More
There is a very good article in the Philadelphia Inquirer. This is what happens when an open minded reporter actually does some gumshoe reporting.There are some good themes. My emphases and comments. Reviving a Latin pastBy David O’ReillyInquirer Staff … Read More