SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Trouble keeping the sacristy quiet before Mass?
- BREAKING “Latindr App used to catch priests in compromising situations”
- WDTPRS – 18th Ordinary Sunday: cold reality, warming confidence
- Daily Rome Shot 233
- Daily Rome Shot 232
- Pro-abortion ‘c’atholic politicians and their reception of Holy Communion
- ASK FATHER: The priest only said, “I absolve you from your sins”. Is that sufficient for a valid absolution?
- ACTION ITEM! 15 August 2021 – World-wide Consecration to the Immaculate Heart by all TLM communities
- Traditionis custodes and “reception theory” – or – When a law is no law at all.
- 29 July 1941 – An “offering of life”
- Daily Rome Shot 231
- Daily Rome Shot 230
- UPDATED – 14 August Pontifical Mass at the National Shrine: FORBIDDEN
- Another wrinkle to the meaning of your phone’s “location services”.
- ACTION ITEM! Be a “Custos Traditionis”! Join an association of prayer for the reversal of “Traditionis custodes”.
- “Why, then, would Francis punish those who worship according to the Latin rite?”
- In a picture, a thousand words. Reason #868940 for Summorum Pontificum.
- Daily Rome Shot 229
- It’s not just the numbers right now, it’s the rate of growth.
- VIDEO: On Sunday, Bp. Thomas Tobin of Providence visited the parish entrusted to the FSSP. Terrific. Exemplary.
- Powerful denunciation of Traditionis custodes … by a bishop.
- 26 July: Wherein Fr. Z asks St Ann to: “Soften the hearts of all those who will now be involved with the implementation of Traditionis custodes.”
- Five years ago today.
- Daily Rome Shot 228
- A particular word in the Collect for St. James
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 25 July ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 227
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 9th Sunday after Pentecost (17th Ordinary – N.O.)
- Day 9: St. Ann Novena – “With you and Mary and all the saints…”
- Searching for Bobby Fischer’s search for the Catholic Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 17 April 2008
An AP story has different takes on the Mass at Nationals Stadium My emphases and comments. Papal Mass raises questions about role of laity By ERIC GORSKI – 5 hours ago WASHINGTON (AP) — For 46,000 Catholics, it was a … Read More
I think there have been problems with the combox. They might have come from a moment during the day when, inaptly, the data base seems to have reset itself. That, I think, screwed up some plugins, including the anti-spam plugin. … Read More
NLM has gotten into the act at last, posting an entry about the Holy Father’s Mass in Nationals Stadium. You should also be visiting their site, but here – at least today – you can read what they offer with … Read More
How do you e-mail these people doing live feed from the USCCB to tell them to shut up and just let us hear the live feed? Experience the moment of the Pope at CUA without the incessant chatter? Rev. David … Read More
Corriere della sera has an interesting piece today about a note sent by Papa Ratzinger to the soldiers who captured him in WWII. NEW YORK: A note of thanks, on official Holy See letterhead, written and signed by Benedict XVI … Read More
There is an interesting piece of information posted on Fish in a barrel about the papal altar. When the Pope celebrates mass tomorrow at Nationals’ Stadium, he will do so on an altar my buddies Ryan and J.P. designed and … Read More
If you have e-mailed me in the last couple hours or so, please resend. Some of my most recent e-mail was deleted, including something from a couple media people looking for me. Thanks.
Click HERE for a link to the USCCB blog entry on this Mass. It is my understanding that people are posting comments on that blog about the Mass, but the Moderator is removing them as quickly as they are posted. … Read More
Here is the Holy Father’s sermon delivered at Holy Mass in Nationals Stadium. My emphases and comments. Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, "Peace be with you!" (Jn 20:19). With these, the first words of the Risen Lord to his … Read More
Bruno Volpe on Petrus has an interview with the Archbishop of Lima, Peru, H.E. Juan Luis Card. Cipriani Thorne. He says something rather astonishing. CITTA’ DEL VATICANO – Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne, Archbishop of Lima and Primate of Peru, … Read More
I got some interesting new via e-mail. Folks, the following report is good, but it is a little confusing. It is hard to tell who was saying or doing what. But the basic thrust of the story is quite positive. … Read More