HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: jaykay: You’ re welcome, the boys’ ; comments are heartening indeed. A superb ending to that article: “At the very least, these boys’ reactions show that we must have...
- Semper Gumby: Our priest wrote: “And you, Traditiona l Catholics, you are so young! Attached is a picture I snapped as I was walking, of a young boy and a tonsured monk in long, deep conver...
- teachermom24: Dear Chicken, THANK YOU!!!!! Everything you said– ;golden. God bless you!
- justfeddup: I think the reason Fr. Cusick was tweet-mobb ed was he used the word “fem inistsR 21;. Plus they have no obligation for charity only the Satanic need for power and control.
- mepoindexter: You didn’ ;t to try bless the plane again, did you Father? …did you?
- jaykay: Thanks for that link, Semper G. The boys’ ; comments are all interestin g, and VERY encouragin g, but I was particular ly struck by how mature this one is, and how this young man...
- The Masked Chicken: First off, I want to commend the priest who wrote this e-mail on his re-discove ry of the richness of the TLM. What is problemati c are the two phrases: 1. The exchange between...
- deaconjohn1987: One of my favorite prayers that I say every time I receive the Eucharist is: “O most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee; My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrame...
- Semper Gumby: This is good news, God bless this priest. A relevant article at Crisis magazine today: “Dur ing the past three years, I have given all my junior students an assignment : to...
- monstrance: Considerin g airport ground stops – A wise pilot once quipped – “I would rather be on the ground wishing I was up there, than to be in the air wishing I was on the ground.”
- Andrew: Council of Trent, session 13, Canon 1: – If any one denies, that, in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist, are contained truly, really, and substantia lly, the body and blood...
- William: I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Dioceses do not make it easy to determine which parish is your local parish. The best I’ve seen is when the boundaries are...
- AndyMo: Canonicall y, the territorie s of parishes have less to do with the attendance of parishione rs and more to do with the responsibi lities of pastors. A pastor is responsibl e for those...
- The Masked Chicken: The thinking is a bit muddled, here. I have to go to work, but if I get the chance later today, I will try to clarify some of the points, because they are contradict ory. The...
- JonathanTX: Coincident ally, PrayTellBl og has a recent post by Joseph Martos referring to the Real Presence. In it he says, “Mos t Catholics who reject the idea of Christ’s presence in the...
- Kerry: Have we not the Bishops we deserve? “Wha t’s wrong with the world?R 21;. Chesterton ’s reply, “I am”.
- Felipe: Thank you for your blog, we need more priests to read and share experience s like these! I hope other priests will be encouraged to accept their right to celebrate their Rite!
- Catholic Tech Geek: Father Z, you should have a good time when you make it to Wheeling, WV. Wheeling holds a special place in my heart. It was in Wheeling at the Cathedral of Saint Joseph that I...
- excalibur: There is the problem. Most of the bishops do not believe in Jesus.
- excalibur: This. Discussion has been droning on for hours into the second day, mostly over the precise wording of various documents, directives , programs, etc. (all of which say more or less...
- Gaetano: As we watch the bishop continue to fumble the abuse crisis, I continue to hope that some bishop will stand up and be the champion clergy abuse survivors deserve. Where is the outra...
- bartlep: I think the #1 problem is the loss of faith. If these abusers were faithfully praying their breviary, praying the rosary, going to confession on a regular basis and seeking spirit...
- quo vado: The Chartres Pilgrimage looks amazing. WouldnR 17;t it be nice if there was a fund there that would allow diocesan seminarian s to go? I doubt many dioceses would fund such a traditi...
- Clinton: I’ve often wondered if our episcopacy would be so resigned to accept the collapse of Catholic demographi cs here in the US if their own careers were linked to concrete, verifia...
- quo vado: We brought our friend who was a Charismati c Catholic to a Low Mass, followed by a Holy Hour of Reparation . Said Holy Hour involved vocal prayers while kneeling for the whole hour. To my...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- #ActonU 2019 Day 1 = Day 3: getting up to speed
- ASK FATHER: Do we receive also the Holy Spirit in Communion?
- ASK FATHER: Obligation to attend the local parish instead of going somewhere else
- Online Shopping Reminder and BIRETTA PROJECT
- Blistering NRO piece flames the recent USCCB meeting
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Islam
The Islamic/Catholic Fraternity document has caused a stir. I wrote about a neuralgic point in it, yesterday, and some people had a spittle-flecked nutty. There is more to say about that document. I’ll get to it again, soon. I suspect … Continue reading
On a related note, see the end. From the appropriately named Crisis: Can the Church Recover Its Fighting Spirit? WILLIAM KILPATRICK The Islamic world is waging—and winning—a war on Judeo-Christian civilization. With 1.3 billion Catholics worldwide, the Catholic Church is potentially … Continue reading
7 Oct – Polish bishops urge 1 Million Poles to pray Rosary at border in honor of historic defeat of Islam
The other day in Madrid, I got to see the Juan of Austria’s personal pendant which flew on his ship at the Battle of Lepanto, 7 October 1571. That victory, under the aegis of the Mother of God, was a … Continue reading
Today at The Catholic Thing there is useful information about Islam and its tenets. Is “Dawa” in your vocabulary? So, what do you know about dawa? You know what jihad is, and what sharia is. That is Islamic vocabulary 101. … Continue reading
From Jihad Watch: Mexico: Muslim stabs priest at the altar of Mexico City’s Metropolitan Cathedral […] “A French Muslim stabs a priest in the cathedral of Mexico,” translated from “Un musulmán francés apuñala a un sacerdote en la catedral de México,” … Continue reading
From Breitbart: Danish Man who Set Fire to Quran Charged with Blasphemy A man who burned the Islamic holy book in his backyard has been charged with blasphemy, in a move his lawyer speculates was driven by fear of Muslim … Continue reading
Today Pres. Trump had a meeting at the Pentagon with the JCs and others about ISIS. He wants plans. Today I saw this at Clarion Project: ISIS Graphic Video: Kids’ Shooting Exercise With Living Targets As if all the other … Continue reading
How would you feel were your parish church to be vandalized and desecrated? Yes, yes, I know that many of them already were, by the vandals within the Church who wreckovated so many beautiful churches and who build so many monstrosities … Continue reading
A dire notes as the year begins. First, from Express about Catholics under siege at a parish near Milan. ‘They’ll LYNCH us!’ Church PLEADS with police for assistance in evicting migrants A CHRISTIAN priest has pleaded for help in evicting … Continue reading
A couple weeks ago I wrote that I suspected that Fr. Jacques Hamel was martyred, murdered in Northern France by Islamic terrorists, and that it wouldn’t surprise me were the Pope to speed up the process. During the presser on the airplane returning … Continue reading
From Spero News: The U.S. bars Christian, not Muslim, refugees from Syria The title of this blog post–The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria–will strike many readers as ridiculous. But the numbers tell a different story: The … Continue reading
Has it been 10 years already? Job 7:6! John Allen at Crux reminded me of the anniversary. Ten years ago Benedict XVI delivered his famous Regensburg Address which sparked huge controversy over his inclusion of the example of Islam … Continue reading
It’s coming to a neighborhood near you. Via Express: Vicars told ‘don’t wear dog collars in public’ over fears jihadists are planning attacks Worries knife-wielding ISIS jihadists will target churches were raised by experts and revealed by churchmen. New counter-terrorism … Continue reading