Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- FrAnt: This is the plan, a lot of people come out and declare what Pachamama is and what it is not to the point where no one cares and moves on.
- JTH: I did not read the Fishwrap article, but I suspect the progressiv es in the Church will do what progressiv es do. I suspect they’ ;ll begin to feign interest in the TLM, pretend to accept...
- chantgirl: Let me be blunt: Francis does not kneel before the Eucharist, and yet he is ok participat ing in a ritual in which people prostrate themselves to the ground before a pagan idol? Cupich...
- The Cobbler: If you don’ t support women̵ 7;s health centers that promote and/or perform abortions, they accuse you of not caring about women or about children who are born. If you...
- Benedict Joseph: Reality is what it is and we need to face it. Cardinal Cupich provides us a bitter angle on the reality of contempora ry “theologic al” perspectiv es. But it is better that we know...
- Mac in Calgary: @fmsb78: What would you say if you WERE trying to scare us? On second thought, maybe don’ t answer that one.
- Charles E Flynn: When Moses came down the mountain with the Ten Commandmen ts tablets, and saw the activities in which his people were engaged, I figure he spent about 3.5 millisecon ds trying to...
- semperficatholic: “Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. 221;
- UncleBlobb: The optimist in me that somehow refuses to die can’ t help but hoping or wondering if these types of clerics have somehow been alowed to swallow this pagan nonsense by Our Lord as...
- dplentini: Each of these statements sounds like the typical Freemasoni c “it& #8217;s all the same god” and “god is just a word that we can define as we like any time any place....
- Ages: At the 7th ecumenical council, the use of images in worship was defended on the basis that the invisible God, having become matter through Christ, could be depicted in an image. We likew...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z and Kerry.
- Ms. M-S: Oh, le sigh. Is there anyone out there, even with no more than a comic book or Netflix familiarit y with satisfying the hunger of Mother Earth or Father Sky/Creato r, likely to confl...
- scoot: “Cul t”, “Cul ture” ;, and “Cul tivateR 21; all share the same root, which is “to raise up from a certain place̶ 1;. A Cult raises beliefs, Cultiv...
- Cy: …or an “Eme ritus.R 21;
- revjotwp: Happy Wednesday, I had the privilege of chanting with Joseph Janidlo when he was a Brother with the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius. I always pictured him as more of a pomegranat e...
- David Willis: i admire all that he writes and says. i just worry about his publicly stated desire to merge the EF and NO calendars. its selfish, but i don’ t want to lose ANYTHING else from...
- roma247: Wow, Jane Stannus 217; piece at NCR about the TLM is as stunningly beautiful as the prior one was stunningly banal. Thanks for the heads up! Whatever NCR’ s “gam eR...
- robtbrown: 1. Re: Love of God vs Fear of Hell. St Thomas distinguis hes between Servile and Filial Fear. The former is the fear of punishment ; the latter the fear of losing the love of a super...
- majuscule: The Fishwrap Facebook page posted the good TLM article and that’s where you can find the usual loony anti-TLM comments. Just mentioning this in passing 230;I would not make a special...
- samwise: ¡Gomez esta` el presidente ! Viva Cristo Rey!
- tho: Having just read that wonderful article extolling the TLM. I am in awe of the writer, and only wish that my vocabulary could come up with words of praise for her. She says what is in my heart....
- NBW: The pics look very eerie. The altar looks so empty and void of Christ.
- Mother Seton: At our FSSP parish, Father gave an amazing sermon on Our Lady of Akita and the recent visitation Sister Agnes had at the start of the Synod. Praying. Even harder than before. Our...
- Mother Seton: @Mulieribu s, was it Fr G? I attend the parish with the other two Fr G’s in CO. This sounds like an amazing sermon.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The demonic Pachamama idol mess isn’t going to go away
- When life gives you lemons, you can help seminarians
- Some interesting reading for this morning
- @FatherTF good explanation of “Perfect Contrition”
- BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Think: Thanksgiving and gifts
- Veterans Day & Remembrance Day
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM: Feedback Project
- Rome: Mass at St. John Lateran for Dedication – wierd
- Happy 244th Birthday USMC!
- @DouthatNYT interviews Card. Burke
- WDTPRS: Dedication of St. John Lateran
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: ZedNet revived
- Wherein Fr. Z maps weird things, connects dots, rants a lot, and offers an ACTION ITEM!
- UPDATED: United Nations published environment, population control children’s book called “Pachamama”
- ASK FATHER: I’ve lost all desire and motivation to pray, fast, etc. It all seems so pointless.
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Your mission as a Christian
- Earthquake near Rome
- ASK FATHER: Gaining indulgences and “the Pope’s intentions”. Prayer for the Pope, or for what the Pope designates?
- ASK FATHER: Should I accept an invitation to be installed as an acolyte?
- LATIN MASS MADNESS!!!!
- Archbp. Viganò speaks: “We are in the grip of a religious chaos of gigantic proportion….” – a “satanic plan”
- ASK FATHER: For Communion can I chose to go only to the priest and not the lay ministers?
- Wherein Austen Ivereigh channels his inner Hillary
- FISHWRAP: Piteous tirade about the people who attend the Traditional Latin Mass
- QUINQUENNIUM ALERT – Robert Card. Sarah
- Your Good News
- Chinese Catholics barricade themselves in church to prevent its destruction
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO – Meet the guy who boosted and “tiberized” Pachamama and “Pachamama meets the God of Surprises”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: September 2007
I posted this last year. But I put so much work into it that it deserves recycling. Some time ago, there was a discussion on one of our splendid Catholic blogs making mention of the burial place of St. Jerome … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend John T. Steinbock of the Diocese of Fresno has made a statement about the application of the provisions in the Pope’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum. My emphases and comments. Mass in Latin Pastoral Message aired … Continue reading
I tip my biretta to the always engaging Diogenes for the links to what follows. Another Episcopalian has decided he can no longer endure the self-destruct mode that Church is vigorously wrapped up in. So, he is swimming the Tiber. … Continue reading
Corriere della Sera‘s Luigi Accatoli has an article about the possibility of Pope Benedict celebrating Mass in the Basilica of St. Peter with the extraordinary use of the Roman Rite he derestricted with Summorum Pontificum. Accatoli raises the interesting question … Continue reading
The Jersey Journal has an article on the implementation of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum in My emphases and comments. Church celebrates a return to traditional mass in LatinMonday, September 24, 2007By CHARLES HACKJOURNAL STAFF WRITER At a solemn Latin … Continue reading
Here is an interesting piece from the Pawtucket Times. My emphases and comments. 09/28/2007Introibo ad altare Dei (I will go in to the altar of God)By DONNA KENNY KIRWAN [CLICHE ALERT!] PAWTUCKET – St. Leo the Great Church will be … Continue reading
Here is an interesting piece from the nearly ubiquitous John L. Allen, Jr., the former Roman correspondent for the lefty NCR. Get this. My emphases. Benedict XVI’s approval rating in America is 73 percent, poll finds By John … Continue reading
That might be a little exaggeration, but the Italian journalist Andrea Tornielli has posted on his blog Sacri Palazzi: The nomination of Msgr. Guido Marini, of the clergy of Genoa, as head of the Office of liturgical celebrations of the … Continue reading
Today, as last year, in the chapel of the Sabine Farm, Holy Mass was celebrated with the 1962 Missale Romanum. The vestments were appropriately angelic and festive. After all, the chapel was filled also with angels. Here is a little … Continue reading
Here is a nice article from Catholic New York. My emphases and comments. Solemn Joy Traditional Latin Mass community celebrates pope’s decree By CLAUDIA McDONNELL Reverence and devotion filled the air like incense [There is really something very different about … Continue reading
It has been almost a month since the last PODCAzT. My travels and time restrictions have kept me busy. But today we listen to St. Augustine of Hippo talk about shepherds in union with Christ. Also, I have provided a … Continue reading
It has been a while since I’ve posted one of these "where are you" entries. Here is a snapshot of the last few minutes. These places are not precise. Someone living in St. Ipsidipsy might actually be registered on the … Continue reading
The Bishops of Germany have issued a statement about the implementation of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum. It is available at kreuz.net. The following translation is from cathcon. My emphases and comments. Guidelines of the German Bishops for the … Continue reading
In the continuing drama of the "Fourth Secret" of Fatima (that is, the part of th Third Secret which hasn’t been revealed by the Holy See) read this from CWN: Italian journalists protest exclusion from Fatima discussion Rome, Sep. 27, … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Kevin J. Farrell, Bishop of Dallas has issued a letter to priests of that diocese about the Holy Father’s provisions in Summorum Pontificum. My emphases and comments. Bishop Farrell’s letter to the priests August 24, 2007 … Continue reading