I have dozens of emails alerting me to the fact that Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) ran an A1 page story by the always objective Laurie Goodstein about the new, corrected English translation and… this will shock you… those who object to it!
The Decrepit Lady hit the usual benchmarks for any article on the Church, which includes a bias in favor of liberals with a few tokens touched just to say they are fair.
The New York Times on the new translation. Imagine the combox.
This was another chance for readers of that paper to receive another does of back-patting self-affirmation.
But here is a hermeneutic to use if you do read the piece and look at the combox.
From Bill Donohue of The Catholic League:
What accounts for the relentless attacks on the Church? Let’s face it: if its teachings were pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage and pro-women clergy, the dogs would have been called off years ago.
Irritate some liberals.
- Subscribe to The Catholic Herald and The Wanderer and The Remnant.
- Attend a TLM and bring a friend.
- Buy Pope Benedict’s book Jesus of Nazareth.
- Drop donations in my box on the side bar.
- Buy lots of Mystic Monk Coffee…. or tea.
- Pray the Rosary for an increase in vocations to the male-only priesthood.
- Support organizations like Courage and Priests For Life.
- Convince a friend to drop the New York Times.
I am sure you can come up with a few of your own.