SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iPadre on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than the Church.”
- JGavin on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I am dumbfounded y the sheer stupidity of this. I knew this at an early age. It reminds me of…”
- AlanLins on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I wonder if the priests will be required to repay the mass stipend money they received?”
- mo7 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “As long you’ve brought up the subject: a recent baptism was done by a permanent deacon who is also baby’s…”
- TonyO on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “On the one hand, having shopped for wine at local stores hundreds of times, I feel that it should be…”
- Credoh on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Photos taken with a Tasselblad…”
- Tantum Ergo on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “OK, here’s the question that won’t go away. Some time ago, you said that if the wine was invalid matter,…”
- B on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Is that the diocese where the National Catholic Reporter is located?”
- sevensixtwo187 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Etna Rosso. What a fine choice! :-)”
- JRodz1 on How to view the SSPX.: “It sounds as if the Archdiocese of Kansas “protests too much”. The SSPX has proven it’s viability thru its Seminary,…”
- Fr Martin Fox on REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?: “At risk of being deemed a Martini modernist, I shall share with you my recipe for the Martin-tini: Beforehand: Freeze…”
- robtbrown on ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations: “When anyone in my Koine’ Greek class would seek the “correct” pronunciation of a word, the prof would say: I…”
- redneckpride4ever on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Would a situation like this be an appropriate use of canon 844:2?”
- Tradster on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “An additional question: do the invalid Masses render the weddings performed during them invalid too? [No. Not automatically. Matrimony and…”
- Tradster on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “If in Kansas City, where else? KC cannot be unique in this matter. Will the USCCB ensure that every Mass,…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Women Religious
“Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
With major league help from a friend in Kansas City… “Reverend Mother. People will come, Mother. They’ll come to Gower, Missouri for reasons they can’t even fathom. … “They’ll turn into your driveway, not knowing for sure why they’re … Read More
Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
By now you will have heard the news about Sr. Wilhelmina of the Gower Abbey Benedictines in Missouri. Sr. Wilhelmina died in 2019 at 95 years. She had been the foundress of these wonderful traditional Benedictine nuns about whom I … Read More
1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war
I am stretching back into my memory for how this all worked. In 1993 John Paul II went to Denver for World Youth Day There were Stations of the Cross, mimed, in which a woman depicted Christ. Mother Angelica of … Read More
VIDEO (must see): The Benedictines of Mary are growing and BUILDING
The traditional Benedictine nuns of Gower Abbey, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, have expanded with a daughter house. These are the Benedictines who have made the beautiful music recordings that I feature often in my podcasts. They are … Read More
SPECTACULAR! New Gregorian Chant from the nuns of Gower Abbey: TENEBRAE
I am really happy to inform you that the wonderful nuns of Gower Abbey, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, have a new disc and digital download: Tenebrae at Ephesus US HERE – UK HERE These are the RESPONSORIES … Read More
Marvelous piece about the Benedictine nuns at Gower Abbey and their new chant recording
The wonderful Benedictine nuns of Gower Abbey in Missouri, who were the victims of drive by shootings a while ago, who are award winning recording artists, have a new disc of sacred music coming out in honor of Christ the … Read More
Gower Abbey with a new disc- Christ The King At Ephesus
The wonderful Benedictine nuns of Gower Abbey in Missouri, who were the victims of drive by shootings a while ago, who are award winning recording artists, have a new disc of sacred music coming out. This is one of the most … Read More
More (bad) news about the Philadelphia Carmel
Some months ago we read about the travails of the grand Carmel in Philadelphia, established shortly after the dies natalis of St. Therese di Lisieux. At LifeSite we now read what we suspected: Vatican on the verge of closing down … Read More
Sudden, so far unexplained departure of Philadelphia Carmelites – UPDATED
I have been asked to comment about the sudden departure of a community of traditional Philadelphia Carmelite sisters from their Carmel in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. They withdrew from their Carmel, established in 1902, and went to another Carmel in … Read More
The Ass. of Catholic Priests vape against AG Bill Barr
It seems that the Ass. of Catholic Priests rips one against AG. Bill Barr who will speak at the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast. HERE Their dismay makes me want to attend the Breakfast. The Association of U.S. Catholic Priests (AUSCP) … Read More
21 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Jane de Chantal, Widow and Foundress
Daily, I live-stream a Traditional Latin Mass at NOON Central Daylight Time (= GMT/UTC -5 and ROME 1900h). Today: St. Jane de Chantal, Widow, Foundress Prayers Added: For the sick, near to death After Mass: Prayer in time pf pandemic … Read More
Comments Off on 21 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Jane de Chantal, Widow and Foundress
LCWR and CMSWR: compare and contrast
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) is going to hold a virtual “assembly” this year, rather than gather physically. Understandable. Indeed, virtually all of them are vulnerable to the worst results of COVID, given their average age. The LCWR … Read More
ACTION ITEM! COVID takes 13 Felician Sisters in one convent. Please pray for them.
There is an awful report about COVID and/or its complications striking a convent of Felician sisters in Livonia, Michigan. Beginning on Good Friday, 13 sisters have died. Many were infected and have recovered. It is hard to imagine what the … Read More
30 April – HOLY MASS (TLM) – St Catherine, virgin – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
Will you please subscribe to my channel? HERE I will LIVE stream a Traditional Latin Mass at NOON Central Daylight Time (= GMT/UTC -5 and ROME 1900h). The Mass is in honor of St. Catholic of Siena, Virgin. Prayers added … Read More
Comments Off on 30 April – HOLY MASS (TLM) – St Catherine, virgin – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
Wherein Fr. Z is moved to pray to martyred nuns, newly discovered, about something that happened today. – UPDATED
UPDATE 20 Jan 2020 I received this nice note today: I cannot tell you why you were drawn to our martyred sisters, but I can tell you this: The order suddenly has an influx of vocations and discerners particularly in … Read More
@JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
Once upon a time, when you could recognize religious by the habits they wore, a Jesuit was riding grandly in his carriage when he spotted a Minim, of the the order founded by St Francis of Paola, on foot and … Read More
Germany: More dissent from nuns
Today started with a post about that caput malorum omnium that is Germany. Let’s continue. The ultra-left La Croix stumps, not reports, on a German nun advocating women priests. If one had the slightest… slightest… understanding of priesthood as flowing from the … Read More
VIDEO: The new church of Gower Abbey (and the Extraordinary Ordinary)
As we come to the end of the year, many of you are considering your end of year charitable giving for tax deductions, etc. Hence, I will probably drone on about the TMSM. However, I want to bring to … Read More
“If only women were in leadership positions…”
Sometimes you hear the facile repeat: “If only women were in leadership positions, this sort of thing wouldn’t happen!” Is that so? Here’s a case to consider… At Crux: Church says nuns embezzled from school to cover Vegas trips LOS … Read More
Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
Once upon a time we took care of our own and didn’t rely on the nanny state to do everything. Catholics of every level of economic potential and walk of life were concerned with works of mercy, even in organized … Read More