SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Not on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “On Marriage, I remember hearing a true story, (may not have all the facts correct). A Royal Couple wanted a…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “” . . . bear the crosses that flow from the obligations one has chosen” This is heresy and anathema…”
- FranzJosf on ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST: “Oh, gosh. The smell of jasmine reminds of New Orleans, about 35 years ago and a wonderful Jesuit (!) Priest…”
- JustaSinner on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: “Tossed my keys into a post box with mail while in college. Called the Post Office and a courier arrived…”
- Chris in Maryland 2 on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “How odd of the NO “movement,” that its “movers” in the 60s – 70s insisted that “the reform” was “oh-so-much”…”
- Gaetano on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “I strongly support scrutinies for candidates before ordination. Indeed, I support presenting the Oath of Fidelity & Profession of Faith…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “The surest sign that something in the Church pleases God and suits His purposes is that it has endured. This…”
- HFL on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thanks for this very insightful instuction Father Z. I, too, had wondered about the timing issue of their receiving the…”
- Father JCPS on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Did Benedict XVI add the Prayers over the People during Lent back to the Roman Missal or did Saint John…”
- Imrahil on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023: “Not a sermon note, but at the charismatic event I attended (which I had been planning if I was home,…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “We have an entry in Butler for St. Gameliel: “He was of the sect of the Pharisees, and a doctor…”
- ThePapalCount on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thank you FrZ for this exceptional teaching and insight. This makes the whole Pentecost event even more powerful and amazing.…”
- Geoffrey on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: ““If the Octave of Pentecost can be abolished for the Novus Ordo calendar, it can be reinstated, just as Benedict…”
- Greg Hlatky on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “This applies to yesterday’s rant as well as today’s. I’m just a poor, dumb pew sitter but I’ve been a…”
- Dad of Six on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: ““Which of these breakfast pairings is mine? And why?” The ‘Pop Tart’ on the left. Because apples remind you of…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th Sunday after Easter, Sunday after Ascension (N.O.: 7th of) 2023
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Just Too Cool
“Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
With major league help from a friend in Kansas City… “Reverend Mother. People will come, Mother. They’ll come to Gower, Missouri for reasons they can’t even fathom. … “They’ll turn into your driveway, not knowing for sure why they’re … Read More
23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
St. Philip is home again. The painting for the altar in the chapel dedicated to him at the parish has been restored and put back in its place. Music from Musica Al Tempo Di Guido Reni
Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
By now you will have heard the news about Sr. Wilhelmina of the Gower Abbey Benedictines in Missouri. Sr. Wilhelmina died in 2019 at 95 years. She had been the foundress of these wonderful traditional Benedictine nuns about whom I … Read More
Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
This is great. You remember that Card. Cupich of Chicago attacked the people who attended the south-side church in the care of the Institute of Christ the King by placing the Institute priests in an untenable position. He forced them … Read More
My favorite moment from the Coronation ceremonies
Hands down. The armed forces salute and cheer the newly crowned King Charles in the gardens of Buckingham Palace#Coronation https://t.co/SvPyMdzcVq ? Sky 501, Virgin 602, Freeview 233 and YouTube pic.twitter.com/DAnBGpq03j — Sky News (@SkyNews) May 6, 2023
3 May – Consecration of the new SSPX church – VIDEO – LIVE
The consecration of Immaculata Church in St. Mary’s Kansas. This is a “workshop” in CATHOLIC theology and spirituality. NB the purifications and exorcisms before moving to the consecrations. Booklet HERE Writing on the floor!
1987: Faithful Catholics locked out of their church on Palm Sunday employ a battering ram
Over at Ann Barnhardt’s place you will find a video of something that happened in France in 1987. Catholics who desired the Traditional Latin Mass were locked out of the parish church on Palm Sunday… much like what now-incredibly-Cardinal Cupich … Read More
A friend reminded my of the fantastic Annunciation in the Cloisters in NYC by Robert Champin. It is the central panel of a tryptic. On the right St. Joseph is in his workshop making, among other things, mousetraps, because Augustine … Read More
“Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
This is it. Amen. “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”. Cardinal Roche please read anything Pope Benedict wrote. It will help you return to the Catholic faith. https://t.co/hZf7T57gkM — Bishop J. Strickland (@Bishopoftyler) March 24, 2023 Fr. Z … Read More
24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
Today, the day before the Feast of the Annunciation, is the Feast of the announcing Archangel Gabriel. He is one of three holy angels whose name we know from Holy Writ. His name means roughly “God is my strength”. Gabriel … Read More
VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The practice of Forty Hours Devotion should be revived. Forty Hours originally evolved to ask God’s protection from external threats, such as invasion or disease. Now, it should be undertaken because … Read More
Mail From A Priest: “I have finally begun offering the Traditional Latin Mass”
Why I do what I do. From a priest: Dear Father, I wanted to drop a note of gratitude. I have been following your blog for over a decade now and, after 2 and a half years of ordination, I … Read More
Here’s a bishop doing something good!
May I suggest that you add this bishop to your list of those for whom you regularly pray? Pray especially for his protection from the Enemy and his human agents in the Church. The new and young bishop of Columbus … Read More
It’s not only the football that’s BROWN.
Authentic shoulder pads. scapular 1680s, “pertaining to the scapula,” from Modern Latin scapularis, from Latin scapula “shoulder”. Our Lady of Mount Carmel appeared to a Carmelite prior St. Simon Stock at Aylesford, England on 16J July 16 1251. The Blessed … Read More
Fr. John Hollowell’s brain tumor was miraculously healed at Lourdes.
Let’s be clear about something. If we do not ask for miracles, it is unlikely that they will be granted. Fr. John Hollowell has a brief video to explain that his brain tumor, which had returned, was miraculously healed through … Read More
What happens when there are bad, or no, sheep dogs?
This is amazing. I couldn’t help but think about the state of the Church while watching this, what happens when there are bad, or no, sheep dogs. Genetics pic.twitter.com/zaHG9ds55R — Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) January 13, 2023
VIDEO connecting the Shroud and Eucharistic miracles examined by experts
This video is just over a half hour long. Riveting. A lot of us know most of these details, but this fellow swiftly makes the connections in a comprehensive way. NB: His comments at the end about Eucharistic miracles and … Read More
Building a spectacular new altar for Our Lady of the Rosary
I recently wrote about a book: “Copies should be obtained and given to priests, especially those who lean toward traditional, and to bishops perhaps along with a spiritual bouquet.“ What book? Does TRADITIONIS CUSTODES Pass the Juridical Rationality Test? by Fr. … Read More
Happy 17th Birthday to the Blog!
Happy 17th birthday to this blog. I cannot say adequately how grateful I am to you, especially long-time readers. It’s like a parish which has developed over the years. To my benefactors, those who have been sending ad hoc or … Read More
ASK FATHER: Are there still “partial indulgences”? Notes on indulgences in general.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My 1956 Saint Andrew Daily Missal, pages 1111 et seq., allows for partial indulgences, measured in days and years, upon various prayers; yet, current my Baronius Press missal does not. Two Questions: 1. Have partial indulgences … Read More