SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- ProfessorCover on How to view the SSPX.: “I have only been to one SSPX Mass in my 25 years of assisting at traditional Latin Masses. I started…”
- Robert on Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.: “I was able to attend the late Mass at Santissima Trinità dei Pellegrini, where we (of course) got all the…”
- palestrinadei on Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.: “Ember days are difficult and their mitigation of Pentecost joy is a particular mystery to me, even more so than…”
- palestrinadei on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “All of that looks delicious. As an exiled New Yorker, I miss the food very much. Caruana won again today,…”
- beelady on ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile: “I pray that your safely home by now, Father. I too have benefitted from your sojourn in Rome. You mentioned…”
- kurtmasur on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “Technically speaking, the TLM is THE Mass of Vatican II.”
- jflare29 on How to view the SSPX.: “One of my frustrations has been the Church’s persistent inability to make a clear decision. And be accountable to it…”
- Fr. Ó Buaidhe on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “I read somewhere that the Mass of canonisation was the last Solemn Papal Mass (i.e. with Tiara and Precious Tiara)…”
- Chrisc on How to view the SSPX.: “‘Irregularly regularized’ is a great term, though a bit of a mouthful.”
- acardnal on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “What?! No pastrami or corned beef sandwich from a New York deli either coming or going on this trip. Or…”
- RichR on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “After reading this, I then went to the (horrible, yet soon-to-be-defunct) ICEL translation of the Liturgy of the Hours. The…”
- Gregg the Obscure on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “The Georgian cheesy bread dish is Ajaski Khachapuri. House of Bread bakery just down the street from me is well…”
- dinsdale on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “Father Z, the Georgian pastry is called khachapuri, and the one in the photo looks to be excellent!”
- Cornelius on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “SOCOM? But Father, but Father . . .! Why would you be traveling to Special Operations Command? – for that’s…”
- Rod Halvorsen on How to view the SSPX.: “I am always curious as to exactly what piece of paper or utterance from a Pope it will take to…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Be The Maquis
Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
This is great. You remember that Card. Cupich of Chicago attacked the people who attended the south-side church in the care of the Institute of Christ the King by placing the Institute priests in an untenable position. He forced them … Read More
San Diego Union-Tribune: A Catholic who prefers the Traditional Latin Mass
In the San Diego Union-Tribune there is a piece about the Traditional Latin Mass sure to thrill the local ordinary. Opinion: I’m a Catholic who prefers Latin Mass. For my family, it’s about handing on tradition. BY LUKE HEINSTSCHEL Shortly … Read More
Wherein Fr. Z makes suggestions to young men thinking about seminary, seminarians, younger priests and the lay people who love them.
Dear readers, we have to get our heads into a place that will help us to maintain our cool and balance in a storm or wave of storms. Mental and spiritual preparation before hand is needed. It is possible – probable … Read More
Chicago: Cathedral Rosary Rally for the restoration of the TLM interrupted by an assault
This deserves wider attention. It underscores the attitude of cruelty unleashed in the tragically ill-conceived, ineptly named Traditionis custodes. In that unfortunate Archdiocese of Chicago, this … at the cathedral. From 1 Peter 5: Chicago Rosary Rally Assaulted Since February … Read More
VIDEO about the Chartres Pilgrimage: Guardians of Tradition
For the second time today I choked up a little. The first time was this morning during Mass. The profundity of the moment, place, act smothered me and I could barely breathe. Let not the partaking of Thy Body, O … Read More
Persecution by Rome of the Bp. of Fréjus-Toulon – UPDATED
I firmly believe that their overreach will overtake them. Hitherto, Bp. Rey of Fréjus-Toulon in France has been open to accepting traditionally-minded seminarians and religious. Vocations in that diocese were up, unlike the rest of France. Hence, Rome is now … Read More
“¡Hagan lío!” in Arlington
This is what devout resistance looks like. When the bishop thrown you out of your church, go to the gym. I rarely look at Fakebook, but this rare time it was worth it. The Bishop of Arlington tossed the folks … Read More
“The liturgical reform was ‘sold,’ so to speak, on a mighty promise of the countless wonderful blessings it could not fail to bring to the Church.”
I read a story at CNA about a diocese in the Netherlands where the wonderous springtime of Vatican II has revolutionized all of Catholic life. So successful has the Vatican II reform been, that the Diocese of Roermond has said … Read More
“Si vis pacem para bellum!” Traditional Catholic Activism? Possible? Necessary? Unavoidable? A mind exercise.
I am mindful of what I posted here: 3.5% of a group can bring the group down, turn it around, or take it over. A friend, who sees and sends the most interesting things, saw and sent this, from The European … Read More
3.5% of a group can bring the group down, turn it around, or take it over.
3.5% 3.5% of a group can bring the group down, turn it around, or take it over. Alinsky knew this. Demographers know this. At 3%, groups gain significant influence. Read HERE. I was struck by something in the decree in … Read More
But remember… the problem is the Traditional Latin Mass!
But remember… the problem is the Traditional Latin Mass! If only we could shut it down, the seminaries would fill up again. Right? The average age of a priest in the United States is 67. The large ordination classes of … Read More
Idolatry as the cause of present woes? Think biblically.
I’ve been spending a lot of time recently in the Old Testament, seeing how again and again and again the People whom God chose broke covenant after covenant after covenant. God punished them with afflictions to bring them back and … Read More
ACTION ITEM & BOOK NOTICE: A “how to” manual of ceremonies for the PRE-1955 TRIDUUM and PENTECOST! Wherein Fr. Z rants on the times we are in, books you should buy, and why you should buy them.
I have an action item for you. Below, I am pushing a couple of books, one old and one new. Here on my treasure chest, this blog, I am channeling my inner Matthew 13:52. But first, a rant from your … Read More
In D. London – “Smash the Olds! Replace them with the News!”
Do you long-time readers remember how, back in the 1990’s, bishops refused to obey the commands of John Paul II regarding generosity in the application of legislation in force at that time concerning the Vetus Ordo? How they … Read More
FROM A READER: “I was praying this litany of the English Martyrs today….”
I received a note from a reader. I was praying this litany of the English Martyrs today. Please note we implore them to always preserve the Latin Mass, something they died for in many cases. Perhaps in these remarkable times … Read More
VIDEO: Priest calls out Francis, Roche for their actions against traditional Catholics
I saw quite a piece at The Remnant about a priest – Father James Mawdsley – who, in unmistakable terms, called out Francis and Roche and those others who have been trying to oppress the faithful who desire traditional Catholic liturgical … Read More
The ‘buck’ starts here.
Consider a few points, in no particular order. Traditionis custodes and the Dubious Dubia (TC&DD) are an incoherent mess. TC&DD are founded on faulty theological grounds: that Vatican II is the lens through which all doctrine and discipline of the … Read More
D. Arlington @arlingtonchurch – Devastated faithful petitioning @BishopBurbidge to ease restrictions he imposed on Catholics who want the Tradition Roman Rite
Take note… I saw this at CNA: ‘Devastated’ Traditional Latin Mass devotees petition Arlington bishop to ease restrictions Supporters of the Traditional Latin Mass are petitioning Bishop Michael Burbidge of Arlington, Virginia, to lift restrictions he recently imposed on the … Read More