SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- G. Thomas Fitzpatrick on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “I see that the SSPX is also building a new purpose-built church in Mexico. I am curious whether purpose-built churches…”
- Fr Martin Fox on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “I talked about the man in the Gospel who was born blind: he was the only one of many who…”
- Ave Maria on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “I would love to visit! Consecration date is May 3rd.”
- yeager on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “how quickly can priests be ordained from the Society?”
- maternalView on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “So today’s Gospel was about feeding the 5000. Father began by saying that this miracle is often now dismissed as…”
- Cornelius on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Good point: the German Catholic Church is formally in schism now.”
- redneckpride4ever on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “My wife and I are hoping to take a pilgrimage there next year.”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 693: “Rook and Knight endgame! White to move and mate. 1. Rxa4 bxa4 2. Nh6 a3 3. Kxf7 a2 4. Kf8…”
- Not on WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith: “Was interesting when Pope Benedict made the Preist saying the Novus Ordo to start saying it according to the “correct”…”
- Not on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “Wondering when the German Bishops will invite Bishop Fatty McButterpants to Concelebrate Mass. Maybe blesss a couple unions.”
- Father K on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “Happily, St Patrick’s Day in Australia is celebrated as a solemnity [1st class] so no dispensation from penance is required.”
- Father K on WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith: “Vestments nice: not so keen on the antependium… What is with the deacon and subdeacon singing the ‘Confiteor?’ [What an…”
- TonyB on WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith: “My Google Translate plugin gives the following: “Father of peace in your Word, Jesus Christ your son, who reconciles us…”
- WVC on Daily Rome Shot 693: “I was thinking: 1. Rxa4 Pxa4 2. Ne5 Pa3 3. Nxf7# But, if Black sees it coming and clears out…”
- Fr. Reader on WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith: “Since you mentioned Google translating Latin. I have made some attempts at having a conversation with Bing+ChatGPT in Latin. The…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
- Daily Rome Shot 690
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 21: Tuesday 3rd Week – Help and hospitality
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 20: Monday 3rd Week – Washing Naaman
- Daily Rome Shot 689
- Meanwhile, in Germany they are really connecting with the people and “zusammen gehen” and all that.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 3rd Sunday of Lent 2023
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-12 – Preaching at the Cathedral
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 19: 3rd Sunday of Lent – Fighting the demon of impurity
- Coming up at Notre Shame…
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-11 – Fr. Tommy and Chester go for a walk
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: coronavirus
Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Advent “Rorate” – 2020
Was there a GOOD point made in the sermon you heard at the Mass for your Sunday (obligation or none), either live or on the internet? Let us know what it was. Too many people today are without good, strong preaching, to … Read More
“The Lost Tools Of Learning” and Defunding Public Schools
The chaos and violence in our summer streets this year are the vile fruits of an increasingly leftist, ideological, politicized public education system. The idiots in the streets, embracing fantasies about Marxism imbibed in school room, are doing precisely what … Read More
Concerning COVID-1984 masks
For your Monday reflection… She wins the internet today pic.twitter.com/sih4OWYnjt — Jordan Sather (@Jordan_Sather_) August 3, 2020
ASK FATHER: If Mass is being streamed to a hall for overflow attendance, are those people at Mass?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I’m an usher at my parish. Because of the scamdemic, the bishop wants spacing enforced. For Sunday Mass, I’m being asked to sit “overflow” in the parish hall, though in reality, there is plenty of space. … Read More
ASK FATHER: Should there still be “parking lot Masses” even though churches are opening again?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In a not-so-hypothetical situation wherein the faithful are able to attend mass on Sunday inside a church, under nearly normal circumstances (face masks, 6 foot distancing), would it be permissible, or even advisable, to opt instead … Read More
COVID-1984 UPDATE: Doctors say Communion on the tongue while kneeling is safer than Communion on the hand
First, retired Polish Archbishop Jan Pawel Lenga, said that bishops who force people to receive Communion on the hand are going to “end up in Hell”. HERE For a person to wind up in Hell he has to have committed … Read More
Moral Injury, traditional Catholics and burnt out priests
From a reader… I am a physician and have had the opportunity to work with several burnt out priests over the years. I am concerned about the emotional well being of priests during the current situation because of a stressor … Read More
The demographic sinkhole opening under the Church
I had an ongoing discussion with a friend who claimed that, one day, the Traditional Latin Mass would be the only Mass left in the Latin Church (sorry, Ambrosian Rite! We weren’t thinking of you, and I guess we were … Read More
The ULTIMATE SOLUTION for COMMUNION in time of CORONAVIRUS
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is there an effective way for a priest to distribute communion on the tongue at a Latin Mass while keeping to the requirement to “sanitize his hands between communicants?” What would this look like? I might … Read More
WISCONSIN: Churches specifically targeted with restrictions as other buildings open. ACTION ITEM!
This. Where I am, after the county said that churches could open up to 25% capacity, like many businesses such as gyms and movie theaters, they then reversed their rule and will now force churches to have only 50 people, … Read More
A little perspective, please? “Imagine you were born in 1900….”
I was sent this. It helps to put what we are going through in perspective. At Fakebook a post by one Karl B. Andersen: It’s a mess out there now. Hard to discern between what’s a real threat and what … Read More
ACTION ITEM: A tip for receiving Communion on the tongue in time of COVID-1984: HOLD YOUR BREATH!
In this time of COVID-1984, where up is down and back is front and clocks are melting off the edges of tables, there are some in high places in the Church who are determined to ban Communion on the tongue. … Read More
Fearmongering @JamesMartinSJ goes to the zoo on national TV about churches reopening and about @RealDonaldTrump
Last night when I heard on Martha MacCallum’s show on FNC that Jesuit homosexualist activist Fr. James Martin was up to talk about the lockdown and reopening of churches after Pres. Trump’s comments about opening places of worship, I had … Read More
ASK FATHER: Can you fulfill your Sunday Mass obligation during “lockdown” by watching online?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: While on lockdown, can watching (within a sunday) a replayed online mass fulfill the sunday mass obligation? Or must one have to watch the online sunday mass in real time to fulfill this obligation? First of … Read More
COVID-1984, Your iPhone, and You
This… It seems the statement attached to the software update means the new coding supports contact tracing apps. When a user accepts the update, they are consenting, legally, to this data being collected/distributed from this device to these or future … Read More
ASK FATHER: “Why aren’t Masses restarted without Holy Communion?”
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, thank you so much for the live streamed daily Mass. I’m ‘attend’ every day since you started and it has kept me focused on what’s important. My question: I thought that the Holy Sacrifice of … Read More
@BishopStika responds to @FatherZ, who responds in turn. And feedback about yesterday’s furious post.
Yesterday, I expressed my anger at the selfish jackasses who verbally abused a woman working the switchboard of a US diocese because that diocese’s bishop, Most. Rev. Richard Stika of Knoxville banned Communion on the tongue due to COVID-1984. He … Read More
Prot. N. 655/09/L v. can. 223 and bishops restricting Communion on the tongue
Remember 2009? H1N1 “Swine Flu” Pandemic. Right? Here’s some food for thought for bishops out there who think that they can simply run over the law – and people – via the excuse of can. 223. Meanwhile, in a US … Read More