A prayer for a miracle: the sudden, complete and lasting obliteration of COVID-19
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Joy1985: We’v e been receiving Holy Communion since May 1oth at Mass— ;on the tongue or in the hand it’s up to the person receiving. No problems so far.
- Midwest St. Michael: Dear Fr. Kelly, Thank you for saying that. You basically said what I wanted to say but was too… timid to say it. God bless you, Fr. Kelly.
- beelady: I was also able to go to Confession for the first time since March! My husband is a UPS driver – he started a new route today – it’s in a much safer area than his old...
- Fr. Kelly: Wilton Gregory: “I find it baffling and reprehensi ble that any Catholic facility would allow itself to be so egregiousl y misused and manipulate d in a fashion that violates our relig...
- SundaySilence: I was able to go to Confession today!!! First time since the lockdown, er, stay-at-ho me order was imposed. Halleluia! !!
- Elizabeth D: There are too many rash demands of ecclesiast ical obedience, seemingly on pain of sin or censure, for things that aren’ ;t just to require obedience about. The priests here are...
- Sandy: I was not disappoint ed in Bishop Gregory, I was outraged, that he would berate any human being for entering a Catholic house of worship to pray! No wonder the USCCB statement on the rioting...
- Kathleen10: What can be said about a man who presents himself as a “man of God” , but says absolutely nothing regarding the violent anarchists and Communists who burn down a church, but...
- Kathleen10: To the deranged Left, President Trump can do absolutely nothing right, and they use everything he says or does to criticize him and help with the revolution and the coup against him....
- teomatteo: ““So cial distancing must be maintained during the Mass and the only way to maintain social distancing … ” Is it just me or is that term ‘soc ial distanc...
- Charivari Rob: No reasonable person should have a problem with POTUS coming and praying, meditating , reflecting on history, or anything of the like. That having been said… ; Regardless of...
- Johann: To those who are unaware, Melania is only the second Catholic first lady in the history of the United States, the other being Jacqueline Kennedy.
- Josephus Corvus: At least he comes straight out an says it in public. Our Archdioces e says “han d only” ; without the direct threat, but when the only ICK parish in town refuses to go...
- semperficatholic: Directions for Martin; Open mouth, insert foot to knee.
- Fr. Reader: If only they put 5% of the concern they had for sterilizat ion and hygiene in the the spiritual preparatio n to receive Holy Communion. Here in my place everybody receives Holy Commun...
- teomatteo: Let me be clear. Fr Martin is a Judgementa l Person.
- itaylor: I am unable to attend public masses here because I am 67 with medical problems, but the local parish says communion in the hand is preferred. If you choose to receive communion on the...
- Rob in Maine: That’ ;s a pristine Bible Pelosi is reading. She must read scripture daily.
- Matthew: Bishop Wilton Gregory is a disappoint ment. How can anyone criticize another for praying, especially a bishop?
- Kevin: Here in Ireland each church including those celebratin g the TLM, have 88 conditions to satisify before getting clearance. Including Priest wearing a mask is mandatory, Holy Communion in the...
- Gab: In my (TLM only) parish, Father procured larger size hosts to distrubute to communican ts, on the tongue while kneeling. We keep the required distance from each other in the pews and at the...
- Suburbanbanshee: Okay, I don’ t _know_ that younger Trump ever met with JPII, but it seems unlikely that he wouldnR 17;t have, at some point, either in New York or in Rome. Can’ t...
- Suburbanbanshee: What the photo captions don’ t tell you is that the little altar in the chapel where they are kneeling has a reliquary attached in front for veneration , with a vial of St....
- Rob83: In the Steubenvil le diocese, the bishop has implemente d a sensible policy. Aside from capacity restrictio ns and keeping distance between different families, people are largely free to...
- Andrew Saucci: Suppose complaints were received in his office about anti-socia l distancing and other anti-socia l practices in his diocese and about archbishop s who ignored canon law and liturg...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. I’ll probably go this year! That’s how enjoyable it was. I’ve marked my calendar.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- “Katonda!” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr. Perhaps the best patron saint for LGBT
- Fr. Jonathan Robinson, CO – R.I.P.
- Your Good News
- 3 June – HOLY MASS (TLM) Ember Wednesday of Pentecost Octave – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Archbp. Rodi of Mobile to force priests to distribute Communion as he wants, or priests can’t say Mass publicly
- Double standard from @JamesMartinSJ
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- POTUS and FLOTUS at the National Shrine of St. John Paul II
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z performs a liturgical dance
- 2 June – HOLY MASS (TLM) Tuesday of Pentecost Octave – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
- Good podcast about Gregorian Chant in a parish setting
- 1 June – HOLY MASS (TLM) Monday of Pentecost Octave – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Your Sunday Pentecost 2020 Sermon Notes – VIDEO
- The priest’s traditional Vesting Prayers – Wherein Fr. Z rants
- #LaunchAmerica SUCCESS!
- 30 May – St. Joan of Arc, Virgin: Martyrology, Movies, and Marvelous reading
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): Activate your Confirmation!
- 30 May – HOLY MASS (TLM) Vigil of Pentecost (St. Joan of Arc) – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- The ULTIMATE SOLUTION for COMMUNION in time of CORONAVIRUS
- PRIESTS: Are you available to take a “Gregorian Mass” intention? UPDATE
- WISCONSIN: Churches specifically targeted with restrictions as other buildings open. ACTION ITEM!
- 29 May – HOLY MASS (TLM) St. Mary Magdalene de’ Pazzi – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A little perspective, please? “Imagine you were born in 1900….”
- A priest learns the Traditional Latin Mass during COVID-1984
- New layers of stupid emerge during COVID-1984: violation of anonymity of penitents seeking Confession
- 28 May – HOLY MASS (TLM) St. Augustine of Canterbury – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- UPDATE: The movie ‘Apocalypto’ – Now online!
- New arrivals and Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Spectacular B as in B, S as in S
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: coronavirus
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is there an effective way for a priest to distribute communion on the tongue at a Latin Mass while keeping to the requirement to “sanitize his hands between communicants?” What would this look like? I might … Continue reading
This. Where I am, after the county said that churches could open up to 25% capacity, like many businesses such as gyms and movie theaters, they then reversed their rule and will now force churches to have only 50 people, … Continue reading
I was sent this. It helps to put what we are going through in perspective. At Fakebook a post by one Karl B. Andersen: It’s a mess out there now. Hard to discern between what’s a real threat and what … Continue reading
In this time of COVID-1984, where up is down and back is front and clocks are melting off the edges of tables, there are some in high places in the Church who are determined to ban Communion on the tongue. … Continue reading
Fearmongering @JamesMartinSJ goes to the zoo on national TV about churches reopening and about @RealDonaldTrump
Last night when I heard on Martha MacCallum’s show on FNC that Jesuit homosexualist activist Fr. James Martin was up to talk about the lockdown and reopening of churches after Pres. Trump’s comments about opening places of worship, I had … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: While on lockdown, can watching (within a sunday) a replayed online mass fulfill the sunday mass obligation? Or must one have to watch the online sunday mass in real time to fulfill this obligation? First of … Continue reading
This… It seems the statement attached to the software update means the new coding supports contact tracing apps. When a user accepts the update, they are consenting, legally, to this data being collected/distributed from this device to these or future … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, thank you so much for the live streamed daily Mass. I’m ‘attend’ every day since you started and it has kept me focused on what’s important. My question: I thought that the Holy Sacrifice of … Continue reading
Remember 2009? H1N1 “Swine Flu” Pandemic. Right? Here’s some food for thought for bishops out there who think that they can simply run over the law – and people – via the excuse of can. 223. Meanwhile, in a US … Continue reading
In the 2005 Martyrologium Romanum for 14 May, we find that, in the first place, St. Matthias, Apostle, is honored on his Novus Ordo feast. In the Vetus Ordo, Matthias is celebrated on 25 February. His scriptis, in the 2005 MartRom we find … Continue reading
Here is a dictate from the Bishop of Little Rock, Most Rev. Anthony B. Taylor, dated 7 May 2020 to his flock about reception of Communion on the tongue during this COVID-1984 time. We’ve seen Bp. Taylor before, in 2016, … Continue reading
I’ve seen various guidelines from dioceses and from a USCCB committee which – properly – uphold distribution of Communion on the tongue during these COVID-1984 phases. They say with variations that the minister can or must use hand sanitizer between … Continue reading
This B as in B, S as in S. Does this seem like targeting of churches to you? From the Washington Examiner: Illinois governor says churches may not fully reopen for a year or more because of coronavirus It could … Continue reading