SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Not on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “On Marriage, I remember hearing a true story, (may not have all the facts correct). A Royal Couple wanted a…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “” . . . bear the crosses that flow from the obligations one has chosen” This is heresy and anathema…”
- FranzJosf on ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST: “Oh, gosh. The smell of jasmine reminds of New Orleans, about 35 years ago and a wonderful Jesuit (!) Priest…”
- JustaSinner on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: “Tossed my keys into a post box with mail while in college. Called the Post Office and a courier arrived…”
- Chris in Maryland 2 on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “How odd of the NO “movement,” that its “movers” in the 60s – 70s insisted that “the reform” was “oh-so-much”…”
- Gaetano on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “I strongly support scrutinies for candidates before ordination. Indeed, I support presenting the Oath of Fidelity & Profession of Faith…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “The surest sign that something in the Church pleases God and suits His purposes is that it has endured. This…”
- HFL on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thanks for this very insightful instuction Father Z. I, too, had wondered about the timing issue of their receiving the…”
- Father JCPS on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Did Benedict XVI add the Prayers over the People during Lent back to the Roman Missal or did Saint John…”
- Imrahil on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023: “Not a sermon note, but at the charismatic event I attended (which I had been planning if I was home,…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “We have an entry in Butler for St. Gameliel: “He was of the sect of the Pharisees, and a doctor…”
- ThePapalCount on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thank you FrZ for this exceptional teaching and insight. This makes the whole Pentecost event even more powerful and amazing.…”
- Geoffrey on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: ““If the Octave of Pentecost can be abolished for the Novus Ordo calendar, it can be reinstated, just as Benedict…”
- Greg Hlatky on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “This applies to yesterday’s rant as well as today’s. I’m just a poor, dumb pew sitter but I’ve been a…”
- Dad of Six on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: ““Which of these breakfast pairings is mine? And why?” The ‘Pop Tart’ on the left. Because apples remind you of…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th Sunday after Easter, Sunday after Ascension (N.O.: 7th of) 2023
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: liturgical abuses
ASK FATHER: Priest says “for all” in consecration. Invalid?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I just read an article from the Remnant which argued that the use of “for all” instead of “for many” did not invalidate the Mass. This article was written immediately after the release of the new translation of … Read More
ASK FATHER: Was it right to leave a “Mass” with a string of serious abuses?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Thank you for your Priesthood! I have a question about the validity of a Mass. My mother was in town for Mother’s Day and we went to Mass on Sunday (Novus Ordo). I am far from … Read More
Writing to Rome when the bishop or pastor does nothing to correct liturgical abuses
Letter by letter. At the blog Socon or Bust I saw a post about a woman who had been writing to her local bishop for some years about liturgical abuses at her parish. The bishop, predictably, did nothing. She wrote … Read More
From the Archive: Priest refuses to use new translation in consecration of Precious Blood. Invalid?
FROM THE ARCHIVE. (Since a couple people have recently asked about this through email.) From a reader: If I had to guess, there are probably many priests throughout the US who are refusing to celebrate the Mass according to the … Read More
Our Lord on Liturgical Abuses
Animi caussa! Sent by a priest friend. For Say The Black – Do The Red Stuff, click HERE.
QUAERITUR: What to do about liturgical abuses?
I am under siege in email from frustrated people pouring our their tales of liturgical abuses, perpetrated or scheduled, for Holy Thursday. They ask “what am I supposed to do”? Most of the time, there is nothing we can do … Read More
Card. Ranjith works personally to improve liturgical worship in his diocese
I desire to redirect you to our friends at Rorate who have presented some exquisite reflections and directives from His Eminence Malcolm Card. Ranjith, Archbishop of Colombo. May he be emulated far and wide. You may remember that last year Card. … Read More
QUAERITUR: Priest scandalizes religious ed students by disobedience.
Another form of clerical abuse. From a reader: I’m a DRE with an important question. Today at Mass, a visiting priest in the diocese indicated the following during his homily: 1. He is very much opposed to the new, more accurate … Read More
QUAERITUR: Before Mass ended the congregation blessed the priest
From a reader: On Priesthood Sunday just before Mass ended, the resident nun took to the ambo and asked the congregation to extend their hands to bless the priest. She then led a fairly lengthy blessing. My wife and I were uncomfortable with … Read More
Bp. Coyne on what to do when priests don’t “Say the Black and Do the Red”.
A “Say the Black, Do the Red” sighting. A few days ago I posted about an entry on the blog of H.E. Most Rev. Chris Coyne, auxiliary in Indianapolis. I guess that that entry helped bring a lot of traffic … Read More
Concerning the “liturgical vigilante”
Be sure to check out Pat Archbold’s perspicacious and amusing piece over at the National Catholic Register entitled, “Liturgical Vigilantes“. A few of good bits: As general rule, vigilantes are not born, they are made. Their steely resolve to right … Read More