Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- grateful: Pictures and the descriptio ns were particular ly marvelous, really enjoyable.
- monstrance: Semper Gumby, Thank you for the correction . I can assure you that in no way were my comments related to the fire on the present day Bonny Dick. My Father served on the carrier USS Bon...
- SKAY: Like everyone else Father, I really enjoy traveling with you. :-D Thank you.
- KateD: 97 Million! Incontheiv able! Congratula tions, Father!
- Diana: Have a wonderful time, Father! I always love traveling with you.
- Semper Gumby: Sandy: Thank you. acardnal: Thank you. I’m told that helicopter s assisted with firefighti ng and two guided-mis sile destroyers shifted berths away from the Bonhomme Richard.
- acardnal: *not sure where that “No& #8221; came from. Difficult typing on a phone.
- acardnal: As of this hour, 57 injured. Semper, as always, your comments were on target. No
- Ellen: I enjoy reading accounts of your travels, Father. I am almost 70 and have only flown once in my life. I didn’ ;t enjoy it very much. Have a good time at the conference and I’...
- JustaSinner: The Amex Centurian club in DTW is outstandin g. Shower with plush towels and free flip flops. The food is always great and the staff superbR 30;conside ring it’s Detoil...
- Sandy: Safe trip, Father, and stay healthy!
- Sandy: God bless them all and keep our military safe, as I pray every day. Now I add to my prayer, all law enforcemen t. I visited aboard the previous Bonny Dick (her nickname) at North Island (San...
- Kansan: Thanks for taking us along with you to the airport! I’ve been wondering what air travel looks like these days. God bless you, always and everywhere !
- hwriggles4: Fr. Z: Have a safe flight – maybe you will get to take a nap on the way too. Enjoy your retreat 230;spend some time outside too. Like you I have not flown since February 2020,...
- Semper Gumby: Have a blessed conference Fr. Z.
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Z: Thank you for this post and prayers. HvonBlumen thal: Given what is stored aboard warships your phrase “fre ezes the blood̶ 1; is apt. Assisting matters is that the...
- iPadre: Based on Gospel. Connected 7 loaves and 7 baskets of fragments to Biblical numerology as a perfect completion / fulfillmen t of God’ s plan. Only charitable act (sharing) in this...
- acardnal: I’m curious what the mask situation on board? Is everyone wearing one?
- tho: Oliver Hazard Perry said ” We have met the enemy and they are ours” ;. Captain Lawrence said ” Don’ t give up the ship” ;. John Paul Jones said, “We have not...
- JesusFreak84: I was skeptical of Cupich dying in prison just because he’s so friendly with the far-left, etc., but given that they’ ;re even turning on their supporters , (ex. prote...
- Kerry: HVon, what Fr. Zed said. This commenter& #8217;s father flew F6-F’ ;s. His CVE took a kamikaze off Okinawa in 1945. Hanger decks blown into the air. Please stand down. Semper, nice...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: HVon: I’m not in the mood – not one little bit – for anyone picking at the Navy or anything American at the moment. Not. One. Bit.
- JonPatrick: My usual breakfast routine is a bowl of cereal a cup of Mystic Monk and this blog. Can’ t start the day without it.
- JonPatrick: Being in Kennebunkp ort ME on a Sunday morning, I attended Mass at the Franciscan friary. No reservatio ns or tickets needed just the usual masks and taped off pews, first come first...
- Semper Gumby: HvonBlumen thal: You are referred to this: “It mocks and corrupts the historical record. 221;
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. IT IS ON FOR THIS YEAR!
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- My View For Awhile: WV lo
- USS Bonhomme Richard – FIRE! And her forerunners on this blog.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th after Pentecost (NO: 15th Ordinary) 2020
- 12 July – Traditional Latin Mass – 6th Sunday after Pentecost – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- It’s someone else… until it’s your turn: churches attacked, burned in these USA!
- 11 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Another milestone…
- 10 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Seven Maccabees, et al. – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A man you readers helped has been ordained to the priesthood!
- 9 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Thomas More & John Fisher – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Big Business Abortion NOT happy with “Little Sisters of the Poor v. Pennsylvania”
- THE REMNANT posted: Rosary Crusade, Prayer by Archbishop Viganò for Reelection of Donald Trump
- PRIESTS: Are you available to take a “Gregorian Mass” intention? UPDATE
- 8 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ASK FATHER: “I am struggling with my faith due to intense anxiety about death. What makes you believe in God?”
- Fr. Z rants about the problems in the streets, offers suggestions. ACTION ITEM!
- LatinMass.live alive again
- The Coming Storm: St. Louis
- 07/07/07 – 13th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Fr. Z rants.
- 7 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A priest makes changes: Ritus Covidensis!
- URGENT – TIME SENSITIVE – INFO NEEDED ABOUT DENIAL OF COMMUNION ON THE TONGUE – REPOST, TWEET, ETC.
- Thanks for the music! Charlie Daniels and Ennio Morricone
- 6 July: Pius XII during the Canonization of St. Maria Goretti – AUDIO
- 6 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Maria Goretti, Virgin & Martyr – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- JUST TOO COOL! “SHEEP, EYES, NOSE, DEER, BLOW UP, TEA, MOUSE, TURKEY, ONION”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 5th after Pentecost (NO: 14th Ordinary) 2020
- URGENT: Archbp. Broglio of @MilArchUSA on Navy Prohibiting Participation in Off-Base Religious Services
- UPDATE on FEEDBACK: How has the COVID-1984 lockdown changed you LITURGICALLY? Priests and laity.
- 4 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive of Immaculate Heart of Mary – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Mail from priests
UPDATE 8 July: Right now, the number of requests waiting: 11 Right now, the number of priests available, waiting in my email: 0 FATHERS! WHERE ARE YOU? ____ ORIGINALLY Published on: May 24, 2020 In the past I have played “yenta” … Continue reading
It is at least ill-advised to attempt the same thing again and again and again with unvarying poor results, and yet keep on the poorly chosen course. Yet another discouraging example of episcopal over-reach, in the interest in trying to … Continue reading
If there were a time for some good news for the readership, this is it. Do you have some good news to share? Here is some great news. Last Saturday three new priests were ordained for the Archdiocese for the … Continue reading
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Tim Finigan, has posted a wonderful short video talk about the English Martyrs, whose Feast was celebrated yesterday in England. You won’t be disappointed!
From a priest… QUAERITUR: I am a parish priest in a Midwestern diocese. Our bishop is allowing us to celebrate the Mass publicly again soon. One of the stipulations is that communion can only be given in the hand. Do … Continue reading
From a priest – In Coronavirus time “conservative priests have become more liberal and liberals more conservative”
From a priest… A brother priest, in a recent conversation, made an interesting comment about our diocese. For context, he is one who offers both the Novus and Vetus Ordo forms of the Holy Mass in his parish. To paraphrase … Continue reading
From a priest… QUAERUNTUR: I am the parish priest at ___. I’m going to use the suspension of public masses to work on my Latin. [Oorah!] Thank you for encouraging and providing resources for this. Could you please send me … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM – In this time of mostly private Masses, priests should use the Traditional Latin Mass, the Extraordinary Form!
From a priest … QUAERITUR: All priests in many countries are now just doing private masses. How about saying them in ef? Thats my plan. [kudos!] Same time every day in the parish church. Can’t get more obviously private than … Continue reading
UPDATE 28 March 2020: The CDW instructed the USCCB that mobile phones should not be used to amplify vocal exchanges between confessor and penitent, when the penitent is at least a little distant from, but still with, the priest. CNA … Continue reading
I want to pass along to my brother priests and bishops this great email. Dear readers, would you consider printing it out and giving it to your local priests or sending them an email with a link to this post? … Continue reading
In Guadalajara, Mexico, there will be a conference about Sacred Liturgy, called Summorum Pontificum. 11-14 June. It will be held by the FSSP in Mexico. Card. Burke will be there. This will be their third annual conference. There will also be … Continue reading
Fr John Hollowell has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Here is his response to the news. Fr. Z super kudos to Fr. Hollowell.
I have sad news. Fr. Dana Christensen, a priest of the Diocese of Sioux Falls, who comments here frequently, has been diagnosed to be in the initial stages of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, ALS, or “Lou Gehrig’s Disease”. There is no … Continue reading