Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- adriennep: Believe it or not, there are a few Bishops like Archbishop Sample of Oregon who have issued precise directives on liturgical worship. Why has this local Bishop not spoken up to defend...
- hwriggles4: For years, I have been one of those who puts a short handwritte n note in the collection basket explaining why I skip the collection for the CCHD and when I teach CCD, I have been able...
- mwa: Jomc, there is a list of grantees for each of the past 15 years on the usccb website
- G1j: This just lays credence to the fact… ;yes fact… ;that there are priests who do not believe in the Real Presence in the Eucharist. Most important to them is the collection basket....
- Danteewoo: My granddaugh ter received her First Communion at Holy Ghost Church in Denver this week. By the archbishop ’s order she had to receive in the hand. I am frustrated , angry, disgu...
- Ellen: I don’ t give to the bishops. I give to my local parish and to an order of priests who are as holy and orthodox as they come.
- WVC: How about we Defund the USCCB instead? Make each bishop go back to taking full responsibi lity for his own diocese and his own sheep, and get rid of the pointless bureaucrac y!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Keep the police. Defund CCHD.
- jomc: Is there a published list of what the cc HD gives money to?
- Kathleen10: Catholics are just simply way behind the curve on this type of thing. Catholics think it’s bad? It’s a whole lot worse than they think. But as long as Catholics keep going...
- rollingrj: Defund the CCHD. How many programs have they funded which are contradict ory to Catholic teaching?
- Sportsfan: I have put an acorn in the CCHD collection basket the last eight years.I kind of regret that now. They probably took them and shot them with sling shots at the police. No more acorns...
- Anneliese: What else have you come to expect? I came across this video on how most of here are making a confession . I find something to be very wrong with this lesson on one of the Sacraments ....
- Kent Wendler: In my diocese there is an annual collection , complete with a letter from our bishop in our diocesan newspaper asking for contributi ons. I haven̵ 7;t answered this appeal in a...
- Ernesto Gonzalez: As a seminarian in a large European city, I was forced to become a “portable altar” at quite few outdoor mega masses. I would always joke about it, but it was very uncomforta ble,...
- xavier: Fayher: Well if the BishopR 17;s conference is inadverten tly funding the violence then it should immediatel y cut off funding and go to court to recover the money already spent on moral...
- JustaSinner: Shocked! Shocked I say! I can’ t believe SJWs funded by Catholic donations would be used by Marxist proto-comm unists to radically change American Society. Next thing youR...
- JakeMC: The first thing that popped into my mind when I read about people bringing their own sacred vessels 230;When they take them home, do they wash them in their own kitchen sinks? No sacra...
- Kerry: “everythin g you need for Mass except Holy Communion. ” Grace is in the bag! Yes… Contrition …? Proper dispotitio n…? Uniting oneself to the Sacrifice of Christ in there?
- Joy1985: Dear Lord have mercy on us and on the whole world. PLEASE Lord let there be peace and the END of this Coronaviru s.
- tho: Whatever his intentions you can’ t change stupid. I think that your appropriat e rant against Universiti es, could be applied to the seminary that trained this priest. That is, unless we...
- Charlotte Allen: Fr. Tommy doesn̵ 7;t seem to be a bad guy. He at least has the tabernacle in its proper place in the aspe (or at least the center of the back wall) of his new parish church,...
- Suburbanbanshee: Video from the Archdioces e of Orlando about the attack on Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Ocala. The title is “The Question Today Is, Where Is the Good News?̶ 1; Money...
- Simon_GNR: I thought the bread and wine to be consecrate d had to be on the corporal that is spread out on the altar. If it’s not on the corporal it doesn̵ 7;t get consecrate d no matter...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Tristan says: Does CCHD only receive funds via the special collection , or do the dioceses fund them out of parish “assessmen ts” as well? A special collection is easy to...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. IT IS ON FOR THIS YEAR!
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Who is funding the violence?
- Communion in the hand was bad enough. Priest tells people to hold hosts in their hands while he consecrates
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Our friend Fr. Johnson (USN) moves to a new stage
- My View For Awhile: WV lo
- USS Bonhomme Richard – FIRE! And her forerunners on this blog.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th after Pentecost (NO: 15th Ordinary) 2020
- 12 July – Traditional Latin Mass – 6th Sunday after Pentecost – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- It’s someone else… until it’s your turn: churches attacked, burned in these USA!
- 11 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Another milestone…
- 10 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Seven Maccabees, et al. – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A man you readers helped has been ordained to the priesthood!
- 9 July – Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Thomas More & John Fisher – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- Big Business Abortion NOT happy with “Little Sisters of the Poor v. Pennsylvania”
- THE REMNANT posted: Rosary Crusade, Prayer by Archbishop Viganò for Reelection of Donald Trump
- PRIESTS: Are you available to take a “Gregorian Mass” intention? UPDATE
- 8 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- ASK FATHER: “I am struggling with my faith due to intense anxiety about death. What makes you believe in God?”
- Fr. Z rants about the problems in the streets, offers suggestions. ACTION ITEM!
- LatinMass.live alive again
- The Coming Storm: St. Louis
- 07/07/07 – 13th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Fr. Z rants.
- 7 July – Traditional Latin Mass – For: Benedict XVI – Votive: Defense of the Church – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- A priest makes changes: Ritus Covidensis!
- URGENT – TIME SENSITIVE – INFO NEEDED ABOUT DENIAL OF COMMUNION ON THE TONGUE – REPOST, TWEET, ETC.
- Thanks for the music! Charlie Daniels and Ennio Morricone
- 6 July: Pius XII during the Canonization of St. Maria Goretti – AUDIO
- 6 July – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Maria Goretti, Virgin & Martyr – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- JUST TOO COOL! “SHEEP, EYES, NOSE, DEER, BLOW UP, TEA, MOUSE, TURKEY, ONION”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 5th after Pentecost (NO: 14th Ordinary) 2020
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: SCOTUS
Bp. Donald Hying has been in his See of Madison for just a few days over a year. He has not be either idle or shy. See his public reaction to the latest terrible decision of the Supreme Court of … Continue reading
According to accounts, 85-yr old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg had a fall, broke some ribs, and is not in the hospital. While one mustn’t wish ill on another, it could be that this episode might prompt in the Justice some … Continue reading
I’m entirely convinced that this blog is badly treated by Google. From Newsbusters: Google Staff Reacts to Kavanaugh: ‘F—. YOU. ALL. TO. HELL.’ It’s hard to believe that people with political agendas are capable of building unbiased products. Google certainly … Continue reading
From PJMedia comes this insightful comment on the Left: Kavanaugh Foes Fill Senate Gallery With Sounds of the Insane I’ll charm the air to give a sound, While you perform your antic round. – MacBeth I was in the Senate … Continue reading
@JamesMartinSJ close association with “comedian” whose writer is “glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh’s life”
Homosexualist activist and Jesuit Fr. James Martin, LGBTSJ, calls himself the “Show Chaplain” for the execrable and only occasionally amusing Stephen Colbert. HERE and HERE Here’s something for the “Show Chaplain” to Colbert Report, Colbert’s former show before taking over a … Continue reading
Yesterday I watched the Kavanaugh Senate hearing. There were some important moments, including the fact that Kavanaugh arrived wearing his game face and Sen. Graham gave the Dems a piece of his mind. Turning points, both. Amusing moments: Sen. … Continue reading
UPDATE 7 Sept I am watching the third day of hearings for SCOTUS nominee Judge Kavanaugh. Today there are panels, with members pro and con his approval by the Senate. I thought that the previous two days were going to … Continue reading
On this 150th anniversary of the 14th Amendment, the smears against newly nominated Judge Kavanaugh have begun. BTW… it doesn’t matter that the Left knows that that has nothing to do with Roe v. Wade: that issue always whips up … Continue reading
UPDATE: Anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable prejudice. Check out the WSJ piece about the group to which Judge Amy Coney Barrett belongs. ___ Originally Published on: Jun 29, 2018 I’ve been looking at the list of the SCOTUS candidates from … Continue reading
Well… one of the shoes dropped. Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement. Pres. Donald Trump gets to nominate a second Justice. We have to dust off his list of SCOTUS candidates. This is amazing. Think about it. How many huge … Continue reading
Some time ago I asked you to pray during oral arguments before the SCOTUS concerning a 1st Amendment case from California, which tried to force pregnancy centers to provide abortion information. HERE In other words, they tried to force pro-life … Continue reading
Looking At Danger: Justice Kennedy, SCOTUS, and Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission
Today at Crisis there is a good summary piece about the complicity of catholic Justice Anthony Kennedy with the secularist Left and about the recent SCOTUS decision in the matter of Masterpiece Cakeshop, LTD v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, which probably left … Continue reading
UPDATE 20 March: Link to the transcript of the oral arguments for the good guys. HERE ___ Originally Published on: Mar 19, 2018 Can the government force Christian pro-life centers to advertise taxpayer-funded abortions? California says they can. That’s the essential question … Continue reading
At Crisis there is a masterful explanation of the most recent US Supreme Court decision which upheld (7-2) religious liberty. On days like today, we need some GOOD news. I won’t do anything with it here. You should go there … Continue reading
As the Gorsuch Trials continue, this comes from the often amusing Eye of the Tiber: Catechumen nominee Neil Schlesing said that “no man is above canon law” when pressed on whether Pope Francis could allow divorced and remarried Catholics to receive communion. … Continue reading