SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SophiaGrace on LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son: “Thank you, Father, for these LENTCAzTS. From a genuine laugh at “humbly accepted care of it” regarding the station church…”
- Cliff on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Rf7 (Kg8 would be suicide by Kg6#) 2. Kxf7 . . . 3. Ke5 . . . 4.…”
- Not on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “Godspeed Fr. Z. When flying over the cities, I always look down and think of all the souls in all…”
- JustaSinner on Daily Rome Shot 704: “Romans and the Papacy; a long and sometimes contentious relationship.”
- hilltop on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Dear Father Zed, I repeat my now regular and sincere compliments for the pants-of-arms design: laugh-out-loud hilarious! Your apostolate now…”
- BeatifyStickler on Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media: “Great idea!”
- SophiaGrace on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “Buon viaggio! Prayers for safe, uneventful travels.”
- Archlaic on Daily Rome Shot 704: “This must be setting some teeth on edge in Rome… “Bravo”, I say! A day or a dollar (or a…”
- Neal on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Kh8 2. Ng6#”
- Dustin F, OCDS on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Kh8 2. Ng6# Or 1. Bc4+ Rf7 2. Nxf7 . . . wins the rook outright”
- VForr on Daily Rome Shot 704: “Safe travels, Father Z! Looking forward to the blog posts to come.”
- monstrance on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Awesome Coat of Arms. Extra Large Butter Pants”
- cmfzed on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “Stations of the Cross: veiled with the rest of the statues and images or left unveiled? I have seen it…”
- Philmont237 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “I once went on a retreat that was not hosted by, but located at a monastery where all the sisters…”
- Synonymous_Howard on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Rf7 2. Bxf7+ Kh8 3. Ng6#”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son
- UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn
- Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media
- Daily Rome Shot 704
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: abortion
FATHERS! LAITY! Are you ready?
Joe Biden supporters attempted to raid a Catholic church in New York today Police had to hold back the violent pro aborts from attacking the building as intolerance towards the country’s Catholic minority grows more hostile and bigoted pic.twitter.com/fDYtp33zKn — … Read More
European Parliament criticizes the USA because of the leaked draft of the Roe v. Wade challenge
The European Parliament intends to discuss – to censure – the USA because of something that hasn’t happened yet. Namely: ““the impact of a leaked draft opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court concerning abortion.” CNA story HERE […] The European … Read More
Archbp. applies can. 915 to Pelosi: until PUBLIC regret for supporting abortion, no Communion
Will this put calcium and testosterone into the bishops’ conference? First, what does can. 915 really say? HERE From CNA: Archbishop Cordileone tells priests that Nancy Pelosi Communion denial is ‘pastoral, not political’ Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone took extra pains Friday … Read More
Catholics who support manifest evils … yes… they are “some kind of Catholic”.
I subscribe to very few print journals and magazines. I just can’t get through them all as they rain down on me. Hence, I am selective. One publication I do subscribe to is Touchstone. There was a powerful editorial in … Read More
Abortion, Communion and Biden, et al.
At The Catholic Thing my good friend Fr. Murray has an exemplary piece about the FACT of public scandal created by Joe Biden and the FACT that the bishops of these USA haven’t given him the pastoral care that their … Read More
Since “Black Lives Matter”, nota bene! New pro-life film released today: Divided Hearts of America
A new pro-life film was released today. Divided Hearts of America. The movie is about “Super Bowl champion Benjamin Watson’s journey to discover the truth about abortion in America”. Election Day is coming up FAST. This film addresses the topics … Read More
On Twitter @JamesMartinSJ attacks a Bishop for pointing out the OBVIOUS about pro-abortion ‘c’atholic politicians… blocks response
Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin, who promoted his agenda by consorting with the Party of Death at the DNC, has on Twitter attacked a Catholic Bishop, Most Rev. Richard Stika. Stika expressed what every properly formed and oriented Catholic would: … Read More
What’s up at pro-abortion Fishwrap these days?
“What’s up at Fishwrap?”, you ask. Try this. Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is openly pro-abortion now… probably because the staff is solidly Dem or Marxist. We’ve known that for awhile, but they aren’t hiding it, either. There is a … Read More
Washington DC: young people chalk “Black Pre-born Lives Matter” on sidewalk and are ARRESTED!
This, in the nation’s capital:
GREAT SCHRÖDINGER’s GHOST! Research on church attendance and … CAT OWNERS
In Christianity Today I read that… I can hardly bring myself to type… the horrific revelation that Cat Owners Are Less Likely To Go To Church This explains a lot, doesn’t it. By Schrödinger… is anyone really surprised, much less … Read More
“We can’t deny Communion! We mustn’t ‘politicize’ the Eucharist!” False argument.
There is a good piece today at The Catholic Thing which looks at denial of Holy Communion to obstinate public supporters of abortion. The writer brings up the example of the late Archbp. Rummel of New Orleans who, in the … Read More
APR [Abortion Pill Reversal] 1,000 babies saved since 2012
APR [Abortion Pill Reversal] is a life-saving effort that has already contributed to nearly 1,000 babies being saved since 2012. Mifeprex or RU-486 – women change their minds! There is a network of doctors who will prescribe this reversal protocol. … Read More
Comments Off on APR [Abortion Pill Reversal] 1,000 babies saved since 2012
Excellent twist in Alaska about tax-payer funding of abortion
If it weren’t such a serious topic this would be a real hoot. Alaska’s governor and legislature are against public funding of abortion. However, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that tax payers had to pay for abortions. To deal with … Read More
Franklin Graham to Card. Dolan about Gov. “Ghoul” Cuomo
LifeSite picked it up. Franklin Graham to Cardinal Dolan: ‘take a moral stand’ against Gov. Cuomo January 30, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – Protestant evangelist Franklin Graham, president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, took to Twitter urging New York’s Cardinal Timothy … Read More
CREEPING INFANTICIDE: NY style ghoulish abortion bill now introduced in Virginia
It had to happen. If it was successful in NY, it would be attempted in other states.. Read at LifeSite about a bill in Virginia that would allow abortion even at the point of giving birth. Good heavens… is “abortion” … Read More
D. Albany Bp. Scharfenberger calls out hypocrite Gov. Cuomo
It seems that Albany’s bishop, Most Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger, is not remaining silent about Gov. Cuomo and his hypocrisy. From Fox: NY Bishop Calls Out Cuomo Over State’s New Abortion Law: ‘It Goes Way Beyond Roe vs. Wade’ A … Read More
Msgr. Pope and canonist Ed Peters on NY Gov. Cuomo: “It is time to end the charade”
Canonist Ed Peters responded to Msgr. Charles Pope’s implicit request for canonical clarifications in the matter of NY Gov. Cuomo and his complicity… nay, rather, full-throated promotion of infanticide. If there were ever a case of application of the law … Read More