You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Dr. Edward Peters said Still waiting for (a) a prohibition that is curren...
- Giuseppe said I agree with Father Z. Out of respect for the Ort...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters Pius XI (1928) in the encyclic...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Speaking for myself, it’s not a ques...
- John Scott said Fr. Z, THANK YOU for pointing out with tact and re...
- anilwang said Ignatius says: “the Eastern Orthodox faith i...
- Fr Martin Fox said What I’m going to say would seem to be obvio...
- UncleBlobb said “And who knows how what Francis says in thes...
- iPadre said Two things: 1. I think the Vatican News Services d...
- Imrahil said Dear @Fr Fox, thank you very much. Dear @wmeyer, I...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “What about the prohibition on praying with...
- Fr Martin Fox said Patricius: You may deem the Orthodox to be heretic...
- trad catholic mom said You can receive the antidoron ( leavened blessed b...
- NYer said How can anyone look at images such as these and no...
- ronconte said Suppose — as a pure hypothetical — tha...
- PatriciusOenus said @ AJS @Fr. AJ I wasn’t talking about Eastern...
- Ignatius said What smad0142 said. Though we cannot pass judgmen...
- anilwang said onosurf says: “Communion from Greek Orthodox...
- Supertradmum said The 1969 North American Greek Orthodox Theological...
- Cosmos said Why can’t we just admit that we (meaning the...
- smad0142 said As a Ukrainian Catholic I have always struggled wi...
- Geoffrey said “The question is: Will they be in the AAS?...
- wmeyer said The refusal to believe in God is objectively a mor...
- Supertradmum said The CCC is useful here. See the section on merit a...
- acardnal said Seems to me that the Pope was talking about redemp...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. It’s not about Greek Catholics, aka Byzan...
- Br. Gabriel, OP said Yes. Please don’t confuse all Dominican with...
- Jeannie_C said Perhaps Patricius was not referring to the Orthodo...
- Magash said I surely agree that the Church would benefit great...
- Pope Francis on the Possibility of Salvation for Atheists - Big Pulpit said [...] Pope Francis on the Possibility of Salvation...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Category Archives: Wherein Fr. Z Rants
From a reader:
im getting married on friday may 31st the day after Corpus Christi.
can i eat meat at the reception or do i need a dispensation?
All Fridays, except for liturgical Solemnities, are days of penance even if one is doing … Continue reading
From a reader:
I heard recently that there is a rule that after receiving Holy Communion, a person should not eat for fifteen minutes (I think because that’s how long the Body of Christ is in us after Communion).
Most of the … Continue reading
I had this from a reader. He said he was not advocating these things. However, liberals will advocate them.
I’ve got some other suggestions. But first the wacky liberal stuff:
I have an idea for a blog topic – how about brainstorming … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, distinguished p.p. of St. Mary Magdalen in Brighton, has a post sure to prick the consciences of some not yet liberally heart-hardened priests and bishops.
He starts off with a comment about the lack of liturgical … Continue reading
The other day a priest friend brought up a line from Hilaire Belloc’s The Path To Rome, which I have not read for many a year.
This is the story of the wine of Brule, and it shows that what men … Continue reading
I heard about this when I was running errands yesterday.
It seems that the Hostess – producers of iconic products – has now gone completely bust because, in negotiations with the company the baker’s union demanded too much.
I grew up in … Continue reading
The Roman historian Livy wrote about the terminal decline of the Roman Republic that “Nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus… We can bear neither our vices nor the remedies.”
Alas, I fear that our vices have called forth precisely the … Continue reading