- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- BLB Oregon said I showed the photo to a 14 year old altar server....
- Mariana2 said Chiming in. Thanks, Father!
- Priam1184 said @wmeyer A market in a certain sense is, you are c...
- Mr. Green said This is nothing new, it has been going on since la...
- Hans said And to your mind being a deacon in a secular profe...
- Nan said @SPM Sem. I ended up not going. I was visiting wit...
- yzerman123 said Sure, Shaw was exaggerating and over the top. But...
- Uxixu said I was a bit distracted by the lack of Creed but re...
- Gratias said Our American capitalist system, downgraded as it i...
- UncleBlobb said The emperor still has no clothes.
- midwestmom said Thank you, Father. Great voice; you could do voice...
- Joe in Canada said I do believe that the United States is the world...
- robtbrown said Hans, A bit about priests with secular professions...
- robtbrown said Hans, I forgot to answer #4. The requirements fo...
- Cafea Fruor said Maybe I’m a masculine woman, but I sure as h...
- SKAY said Unfortunately I think the fines keep going up.
- robtbrown said Uxixu says: @robtbrown. I would suggest those perc...
- robtbrown said Hans, 1. I am not arguing that I have the authori...
- Pater Raphael said Good Morning all! Have just seen your post and I w...
- smittyjr63 said PAY THE FINE PEOPLE! And save your money incase yo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I should have added that Orby Shipley’s ‘Car...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! I have not reread this in ages! I note...
- Elizabeth D said I appreciate fib09002, especially the comment at 6...
- Elizabeth D said Jack in KC feels that my “idea that we shoul...
- MarkJ said I am dreading the day when someone decides to cele...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. Pretty much every permanent deacon in the paris...
- Imrahil said Dear @TomD, one thing at any rate I am fairly conv...
- Imrahil said Dear @fib09002, I don’t think the dear @TomD...
- Suburbanbanshee said And no, I’m not talking about the “gay...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the leaders of linguistic change in the...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: HHS
From Seattle Times. Here is how the secular press views the bone-head BS stupid move of the Catholic Health Ass.
When you hear the words Catholic Health Association you should start thinking:
And now the news:
Catholic hospitals accept birth control compromise
In a … Continue reading
I had to work a while to get my mind around this headline.
$357K Federal Project Will Use Spanish Ads to Promote Condoms Among Gay Foreign-Born Men
Your tax dollars at work for Pres. Obama’s agenda.
This is a project of the … Continue reading
Bishops Renew Plea To Congress And Administration To Repair Affordable Care Act
[My emphases and comments.]
June 28, 2012
Supreme Court decision does not address fundamental flaws in the law
Legislation still needed to fix conscience, abortion funding, immigration problems
WASHINGTON—Today the United States Supreme … Continue reading
“c”atholics United: Who runs the dissident group politicizing the HHS mandate issue and fighting the US bishops?
Catholics United is politicizing the HHS mandate issue.
A reader sent an article from the Baltimore Sun about the opening Mass for the Fortnight for Freedom. I am sure you have read about that elsewhere, so I will only point out … Continue reading
The First Gay President, Pres. Obama, and his administration have been eroding our first liberties. He is attacking the First Amendment, this time through the Dept of Health and Human Services (HHS). The most aggressive pro-abortion president in history is … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society:
Faithful Catholic Colleges Urge HHS to
Rescind ‘Direct Violation’ of Religious Liberty
Joined together by their firm commitment to strong Catholic identity and fidelity to Catholic teaching, 19 Catholic colleges, universities and online programs partnered today with The … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society has this about Georgetown University’s invitation of HHS Sec. Kathleen Sebelius, supporter of Tiller the late-term abortionist, the President’s pointman in the attack on the Church’s and on freedom of religion, the architect of forcing Catholic … Continue reading
In the wake of Pres. Obama’s direct attacks on the 1st Amendment both in its religious liberty clause and freedom of speech clause, in the wake of the Pres. Obama’s bungling of the Chen Guangcheng Affair, I read this on
Religious freedom … Continue reading
Perhaps this could be run as an ad from now until the election in November?
Technorati Tags: 1st Amendment, abortion, contraception, HHS, HHS mandate, Pres. Obama, religious liberty
Hillary Rosen, the left-wing political and lesbian activist and Obama operative, thinks that Ann Romney, the DCIS cancer surviving, MS enduring mother of five, has
“actually never worked a day in her life”.
Does that jive with your experience of women who stay … Continue reading