Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- Akita said The night before the Al Smith dinner one of the ca...
- Lucas Whittaker said Well, if you take the advice of C.S. Lewis, that f...
- Kerry said “…a clarion call to change the policie...
- Ages said SenexCalvus: The time to work for a better roster...
- excalibur said Not voting, or a vote for a third party, or write...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Semper Gumby, What wild things you know! Is Hanco...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Heck, if there are enough retired Popes at...
- kurtmasur said “I cannot imagine that Benedict does not kno...
- Michael said SenexCalvus: I agree that there is no monopoly on...
- SenexCalvus said I completely agree with what Father said about abo...
- iamlucky13 said “I’ve never seen the sense in wearing the ca...
- Tom A. said So which Pope am I suppose to assent to? Pius XI&...
- benedetta said Nothing really says “establishment politics&...
- wolfeken said Great words, indeed. Although the only way this w...
- ChgoCatholic said Well said. Wish all the leadership of the Church w...
- Absit invidia said . . . or not look too hard to find its message wit...
- LarryW2LJ said Like Ellen, I plan to vote early in the day. Howev...
- Henry Edwards said From the book’s prologue: “‘You...
- wmeyer said I had pre-ordered on 15 July 2015, and it arrived...
- capchoirgirl said What a beautiful tabernacle veil! We have a veil a...
- wanda said Beautiful. The last 3 photos look like fine paint...
- paladin said The contrast between this, and “Amoris laeti...
- clq24 said I appreciate the Archbishop’s efforts but he...
- benedetta said It’s been very pleasant to see your photos o...
- Semper Gumby said Filipino Catholic: That is interesting, if Robert...
- JabbaPapa said SUPER LITERAL TRANSLATION: Almighty eternal God, g...
- ajf1984 said Can you imagine the impact that reading out the fo...
- acardnal said Very nice photos. “That’s why even ciboria,...
- CPT TOM said My copy, which I ordered from Amazon on July 14, 2...
- un-ionized said Ellen, there will be a lot of rosaries said that d...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Fr. Murray on Hillary’s anti-Catholic distortions at Al Smith Dinner
- More Wikileaks emails about lib machinations tied to the Clinton campaign
- WDTPRS – 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “E ‘n la sua volontade…”
- UPDATE on Reginald Foster’s ‘Ossa Latinitatis Sola’ – Request for old Ludi Domestici
- Pius XI is back on the job after a nice vacation
- Archbp. Naumann on VP candidate and ‘c’atholic quisling Tim Kaine (D-VA)
- Venice Days 2-3: Bones, fabrics and views
- Benedict XVI commented again on turning toward the ‘East’ for liturgical worship
- ASK FATHER: Can the bishop forbid the cassock?
- REVIEW: Robert Harris – Conclave
- Bp. Morlino on marriage, sex craziness, the election, and “eschatological awareness”
- Venice – Day 1-2: Of Mark and Mud-bugs
- ASK FATHER: Why are good priests so afraid of “stirring the pot”?
- Archbp. Sample on ‘Amoris laetitia’: conscience isn’t a law unto itself
- Florence – Day 5-7: Red meat and musea
- Hillary: ”I admire Margaret Sanger enormously… there are a lot of lessons we can learn from her”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Man regularly takes Hosts home from Mass
- Fr. Sirico on the Clinton’s campaign view of the Church
- WDTPRS – 22nd Sunday after Pentecost: The Battle For The Mass
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – Pregnancy and Glory
- Fishwrap rots from the head down
- Are you hurt, disoriented, frustrated about what’s going on in the Church? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NYC 16 & 18 Oct: Talks by Fr. John Hunwicke on great topics
- Rome-Assisi – Day 4-5: Francis, Prayer and Exile
- Feingold (D-WI): Hillary Might Issue Executive Order on Guns
- An Archbishop speaks: “What should Catholics do when we vote in November?”
- Rome Day 3-4: sculpture and spies
- The Anti-Catholicism of the Clinton Campaign
- Reginald Foster’s 1st Latin book FINALLY out!
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: HHS
Via Pewsitter I learned of this from Liberty News. My emphases. EXCLUSIVE: HHS Bankrolled Catholic and Baptist Church from 2010 to 2013 to Prepare for Obama’s 2014 Invasion! A month or two ago news broke that Obama’s HHS was calling for … Continue reading
From Seattle Times. Here is how the secular press views the bone-head BS stupid move of the Catholic Health Ass. When you hear the words Catholic Health Association you should start thinking: CANON 216 And now the news: Catholic hospitals accept … Continue reading
I had to work a while to get my mind around this headline. From CNS: $357K Federal Project Will Use Spanish Ads to Promote Condoms Among Gay Foreign-Born Men Your tax dollars at work for Pres. Obama’s agenda. This is … Continue reading
Bishops Renew Plea To Congress And Administration To Repair Affordable Care Act [My emphases and comments.] June 28, 2012 Supreme Court decision does not address fundamental flaws in the law Legislation still needed to fix conscience, abortion funding, immigration problems … Continue reading
“c”atholics United: Who runs the dissident group politicizing the HHS mandate issue and fighting the US bishops?
Catholics United is politicizing the HHS mandate issue. A reader sent an article from the Baltimore Sun about the opening Mass for the Fortnight for Freedom. I am sure you have read about that elsewhere, so I will only point … Continue reading
The First Gay President, Pres. Obama, and his administration have been eroding our first liberties. He is attacking the First Amendment, this time through the Dept of Health and Human Services (HHS). The most aggressive pro-abortion president in history is … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society: Faithful Catholic Colleges Urge HHS to Rescind ‘Direct Violation’ of Religious Liberty Joined together by their firm commitment to strong Catholic identity and fidelity to Catholic teaching, 19 Catholic colleges, universities and online programs partnered … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society has this about Georgetown University’s invitation of HHS Sec. Kathleen Sebelius, supporter of Tiller the late-term abortionist, the President’s pointman in the attack on the Church’s and on freedom of religion, the architect of forcing Catholic … Continue reading
In the wake of Pres. Obama’s direct attacks on the 1st Amendment both in its religious liberty clause and freedom of speech clause, in the wake of the Pres. Obama’s bungling of the Chen Guangcheng Affair, I read this on CNA: … Continue reading
Perhaps this could be run as an ad from now until the election in November? [wp_youtube]-Czo5Vf8KZs[/wp_youtube]
Hillary Rosen, the left-wing political and lesbian activist and Obama operative, thinks that Ann Romney, the DCIS cancer surviving, MS enduring mother of five, has “actually never worked a day in her life”. [wp_youtube]T_BRWBUVhyc[/wp_youtube] Does that jive with your experience of … Continue reading
In an interview, Raymond Card. Burke has offered his view on Pres. Obama’s attack on religious liberty, his erosion of the 1st Amendment, his duplicitous, anti-Catholic… okay.. you get it. From Life News with my emphases: Thomas McKenna: “It is beautiful … Continue reading
Be sure to review and file away for reference this piece from the Catholic League: OBAMA ENLISTS ACLU TO WAR ON CATHOLICS April 4, 2012 On April 3, Catholic News Service published a story on an internal memo from the … Continue reading
Bloggers! Please pick this up. You don’t have to link to me. Just DO IT. Solidarity! The dreadful TIME Magazine (dreadful when it comes to anything about the Catholic Church) is having a poll and you should participate. From their … Continue reading
1 April… and I’m not foolin’. Pres. Obama isn’t foolin’. The US bishops are NOT foolin’ either. Biretta tip: Sword of Peter!