- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- pelerin said The video reminded me of the sign I saw outside a...
- BLB Oregon said “Is the problem of world hunger Western gree...
- McCall1981 said @benedetta, Yes, but will the Francis effect under...
- Sliwka said I think the answer is the Catholic “both/and...
- Elizabeth D said I think hunger is critical in the big picture both...
- Supertradmum said I had noted this information of the cult of person...
- everett said In regards to the ad, I use Ad-Block Plus and Nosc...
- Supertradmum said Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta said when visiti...
- benedetta said Ah, it’s the Benedict Effect!...
- Austin Catholics said “Is the problem of world hunger Western gree...
- Ben Kenobi said I’m not paying either the fine or registerin...
- mamajen said Ugh…I understand Pope Francis had to say som...
- Elizabeth D said I am always comforted to see the “no guns...
- ASPM Sem said Meus responsum ad QUAERITUR: Cur non uterque? [eh...
- wmeyer said @Priam, how would the market dominate? Sellers nee...
- mamajen said lol… I’ve been wondering if the “...
- robtbrown said Hans says: Ah, but transitional deacons are transi...
- RosaMystica said And there are more vocations than are being counte...
- Robbie said On the one hand, vocations had to stop falling at...
- jameeka said Agree that it is nice to hear it in the media.
- CatholicLiving said “Where the Bishops boldly proclaim the Faith...
- Hans said Hey, TMC, good to see you still knocking about. W...
- jhayes said Skay is right. The $95 increases to $325 for 2015...
- Mike said I find the adulation of this man very disturbing....
- Fr. Bryan said This must not be forgotten, lest the world’s...
- Father Z responds to Michael Novak | Foolishness to the world said [...] And has some quibbles with it, but here̵...
- iPadre said Not only did he promote the most liberal abortion...
- rhetor said Thanks for the illuminating explanation, Father. I...
- Jaybirdnbham said Thank you for the podcasts, Father. I’ve be...
- ASPM Sem said @Nan, sorry to hear that, I’ll be praying fo...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Instruction
The text of the Instruction is under an embargo until Friday 1200 noon Rome Time (1000 GMT, 0600 EDT). I must respect that as far as the blog is concerned.
I will put something together about it and post it here … Continue reading
The cat is out of the bag.
The Instruction is called Universae Ecclesiae and it will indeed be published very soon. There is an embargo on the text until 12 noon Rome time 13 May, at which time I will offer … Continue reading
So… rumor has it that the Instruction on Summorum Pontificum will be released soon. Spies say “within two weeks” of the time I am writing, which is 9 May, Monday. We know it won’t be today.
When will it be?
Have a … Continue reading
My spies inform me that the “Instruction” for Summorum Pontificum has arrived in the offices of nuntiatures and that it should be published in less than two weeks.
We shall see. I have a WDTPRS POLL HERE about when and if.
Skeptical? … Continue reading
From Damian Thompson’s blog comes a piece about Latin, seminarians, the Extraordinary Form and liberal enemies of all of the above, with my emphases and comments. Edited.
In contrast, the proposal to teach all seminarians to celebrate the Tridentine Mass is … Continue reading
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli has on his blog a note about the upcoming Instruction for Summorum Pontificum.
Here, in my fast translation, is the heart of the matter.
Above all, the instruction confirms that the Motu Proprio is universal law of the … Continue reading