Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. Try AmazonFresh Free Trial Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering And you do need a Kindle! - HERE Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- #ASonnetADay – 47. “Betwixt mine eye and heart a league is took…”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 17th after Pentecost (NO: 26th Ordinary) 2020
- LIVE VIDEO – 27 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – 17th Sunday after Pentecost & Exorcism against Satan and Fallen Angels
- #ASonnetADay – 46. “Mine eye and heart are at a mortal war…”
- Part of this evening’s play list
- Archbp. Marcel Lefebvre remains translated and VIDEO of Pontifical Mass
- LIGHTER FARE… unless you are a Dem
- REVIEW: 2021 TLM Ordo from the FSSP
- HOLY SMOKE!
- ASK FATHER: Priest says “I absolve you from ALL your sins”. Invalid?
- LIVE VIDEO – 26 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – Ember Saturday & Prayer for Government
- #ASonnetADay – 45. “The other two, slight air and purging fire…” Humorous!
- @MassimoFaggioli attacks Judge Amy Coney Barrett and has his “beans” handed back to him
- Wherein Fr. Z is proud of you readers who helped this monastic vocation.
- LIVE VIDEO – 25 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – Ember Friday
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Gnocchi “Becciu” and a song that has nothing to do with him
- #ASonnetADay – 44. “If the dull substance of my flesh were thought…”
- HUGE! Now Card. Becciu not just resigned, but sacked
- ‘c’atholic Pelosi with Sr. Simone trashes the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast and AG Barr
- #ASonnetADay – 43. GUEST SONNET by Elizabeth Barrett Browning – “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
- REVIEW: New “Red Book” for use at the Traditional Latin Mass?
- LIVE VIDEO – 23 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – Ember Wednesday (St. “Padre” Pio)
- Wacko New York City Jesuits – UPDATED – Glen Beck comments
- #ASonnetADay – 43. “When most I wink, then do mine eyes best see…” Chiasmus party!
- LIVE VIDEO – 22 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Thomas of Villanova
- #ASonnetADay – 42. “That thou hast her it is not all my grief…”
- “This is how the persecution starts…”
- ASK FATHER: Can a catafalque be used in an Ordinary Form Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Priest says, “May Almighty God bless US” instead of “YOU”
- LIVE VIDEO – 21 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Matthew
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 17 December 2007
This week’s cover story on U.S. News & World Report is about the return to traditional forms of worship in various religions. Here is some of the article. It is not all about the older form of Mass: A Return … Continue reading
I think this might be Shishin but I am not sure. Anyone?
Yesterday I was delighted both to attend a Mass with rose vestments (though they were sorta pink) and to use true rosacea. I am in good company in not wanting to wear pink, or confuse it with liturgical rose, or … Continue reading
This is good news from the blog Philadelphia Roamin’ Catholic. My emphases: To-day we had a new celebrant for the Traditional Latin Mass at Our Lady of Consolation in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia. Until now the 2 p.m. Latin … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Bishop of Madison, H.E. Robert Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass in the older rite with the help of members of the Institute of Christ the King. I am waiting for details. You might remember that Bishop Morlino had … Continue reading
I have been getting notes from the head of the Newman Society at Oxford, asking for a reply. I did reply, but I think you are not getting my mesasges. In any event, I am contemplating a trip to the … Continue reading
It is fun to look at the stats for the blog to see where people are… more or less. Here is a snapshot of some of your locations during the last 5 minutes or so. Keep in mind this is … Continue reading
We have come to the last days of the Church’s preparation for the feast of the Nativity of the Lord. Let’s look at the proper Collect for 17 December in the 2002 Missale Romanum: COLLECT: Deus, humanae conditor et redemptor … Continue reading
From Petrus we learn more about Archbp. Piero Marini’s new book. (My translation). Now Msgr. Piero Marini takes aim: "The Roman Curia against the Second Vatican Council" VATICAN CITY – In a book published for now only in English and … Continue reading
Papa Ratzinger, His Holiness Rome’s Bishop is… well… acting like a bishop. He burys the dead, namely his "hinge-men", Cardinals, who are of the clergy of Rome. He consecrates altars in new churches. He meets the folks. He wears … Continue reading