For those priests who may be called on tomorrow to sing the Mass for the Feast of Christ the King (the Last Sunday in October in the older, traditional Roman Calendar), there is a PRAYERCAzT available.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith: “Father K: Save us some time. And, by the way, I worked in that Commission for 10 years. And if…”
- Synonymous_Howard on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: “What a blessing that book has been to my spiritual life as a father. I would recommend it to everyone.”
- Flos Carmeli on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: ““….so concretely that it’s amusing.” This is a good way of putting it! One of my own St. Joseph stories…”
- JonPatrick on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “NO mass, the Gospel of the man born blind. We are often blind to what is going on around us…”
- Mariana2 on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “Beautiful.”
- NancyP on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Novus Ordo Mass. Our pastor talked about the parallel with baptism in today’s Old Testament reading (we are anointed with…”
- andromedaregina on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Homily: On the burning love of God, who was not satisfied in lowering himself to share the nature of his…”
- Carolyn108 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “At our reverent Novus Ordo mass today, Father preached on the importance of the liturgy. It struck me that his…”
- Rob83 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Locally the situation remains stable. Our biggest problem at the moment is that if the principal Sunday Mass attendance gets…”
- sevensixtwo187 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “450 or so in attendance at High Mass. Lots of younger families with plenty of children!”
- Father K on WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith: “Not really: please refer to Pontificia Commissio – Ecclesia Dei Prot. N 39/201 IL – ED 18th September 2018.”
- jaykay on Daily Rome Shot 693: “And that, of course, should be “MDCCCLVII”. “Think before you post”. Yeah…”
- JMody on “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick: ““… rooted in an un-confused belief in the supernatural dimension of our lives …”. Surely this is an “ironclad” proof…”
- Gregg the Obscure on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Celebrant wore rose. Deacon wore a sickly pink collared dalmatic of a mid-seventies vintage (i wonder if he lost some…”
- Irish Timothy on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy: “Thank you once again Father! And thank you for what you said about the feast day of St. Joseph being…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
- Daily Rome Shot 690
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 21: Tuesday 3rd Week – Help and hospitality
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 20: Monday 3rd Week – Washing Naaman
- Daily Rome Shot 689
- Meanwhile, in Germany they are really connecting with the people and “zusammen gehen” and all that.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 3rd Sunday of Lent 2023
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-12 – Preaching at the Cathedral
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 19: 3rd Sunday of Lent – Fighting the demon of impurity
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support