Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- semperficatholic: “Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. 221;
- UncleBlobb: The optimist in me that somehow refuses to die can’ t help but hoping or wondering if these types of clerics have somehow been alowed to swallow this pagan nonsense by Our Lord as...
- dplentini: Each of these statements sounds like the typical Freemasoni c “it& #8217;s all the same god” and “god is just a word that we can define as we like any time any place....
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- MY VIEW FOR AWHILE: DC Mass Edition
- Some reading for the road
- The demonic Pachamama idol mess isn’t going to go away
- When life gives you lemons, you can help seminarians
- Some interesting reading for this morning
- @FatherTF good explanation of “Perfect Contrition”
- BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Think: Thanksgiving and gifts
- Veterans Day & Remembrance Day
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM: Feedback Project
- Rome: Mass at St. John Lateran for Dedication – wierd
- Happy 244th Birthday USMC!
- @DouthatNYT interviews Card. Burke
- WDTPRS: Dedication of St. John Lateran
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: ZedNet revived
- Wherein Fr. Z maps weird things, connects dots, rants a lot, and offers an ACTION ITEM!
- UPDATED: United Nations published environment, population control children’s book called “Pachamama”
- ASK FATHER: I’ve lost all desire and motivation to pray, fast, etc. It all seems so pointless.
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Your mission as a Christian
- Earthquake near Rome
- ASK FATHER: Should I accept an invitation to be installed as an acolyte?
- LATIN MASS MADNESS!!!!
- ASK FATHER: For Communion can I chose to go only to the priest and not the lay ministers?
- Wherein Austen Ivereigh channels his inner Hillary
- FISHWRAP: Piteous tirade about the people who attend the Traditional Latin Mass
- QUINQUENNIUM ALERT – Robert Card. Sarah
- Your Good News
- Chinese Catholics barricade themselves in church to prevent its destruction
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: April 2019
I switched on early morning news today to see if there was anything really big going on that I should know about. I usually do that on the verge of a journey. Today I learned that the massive horde swarming … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I had an almost empty bottle of wine I had blessed on the Feast of St. Blaise. I tasted it and it started to get a mild vinegar taste/smell to it. I still drank it, but … Continue reading
I am not a daily reader of Rod Dreher. However, today I was directed by someone to read something he wrote about a Russian Orthodox reacting to what we Catholics are doing. Let’s see. My emphases and comments. […] Looking around for … Continue reading
Was there a GOOD point made during the sermon you heard at your Mass of Sunday obligation? Let us know! Happily, the one I heard at a solemn Mass, for which I was deacon and not priest, focused on Thomas… … Continue reading
It’s Low Sunday, the Octave of Easter, also called “Dominica in albis” and Quasimodo Sunday, from the Introit. Christ is risen! Alleluia! The Octave is over! Today we hear about a vastly neglected membership of our Holy Church, whose voice … Continue reading
From a priest: Could you record for your priestly audience the correct pronunciation for the Holy Water blessing in Latin? Sure! I can do that. I will also include this in the What Does The Prayer Really Sound Like series, … Continue reading
UPDATE 27 April: I’m very fortunate to know and have worked with a fine graphic artist, David P. Burkart. You can see my coat-of-arms – my family’s historic arms – on my right sidebar. He’s terrific! David just made a … Continue reading
Just a reminder to any hams out there who might be interested in ZedNet. Just recently a Catholic permanent deacon who has been a reader of many years has chimed in on ZedNet, through his local repeater. The technology is … Continue reading
It’s Easter Saturday. Christ is risen! Alleluia! The Octave is almost over! Today John Paul II speaks to us about the “day the Lord has made”. Fulton Sheen instructs us about conformation to the world or to heaven. I provide these … Continue reading
It’s Easter Friday. Christ is risen! Alleluia! Yes, you can eat meat today! From a super early sermon, by Melito of Sardis (+ c. 180). Try to keep up! And Fulton Sheen gives us an important, very important reminder. I provide … Continue reading
Each year – in fact more than once each year – a serious problem for our enervated Catholic identity rises to the surface to demand our attention. The lack of Latin in the Latin Church. I am sure that there … Continue reading
In the Office of Matins this morning, we had this stunning line from Pope St. Gregory I, the Great. I’ll give you the whole reading for context. Lectio 3 María ergo cum fleret, inclinávit se, et prospéxit in monuméntum. Certe … Continue reading
Let’s get out in front of this before the calendar clicks over to Friday From a reader… QUAERITUR: My wife and I recently returned to the traditional friday abstinence from meat year round. Traditionally, would the friday abstinence from meat also … Continue reading