SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iPadre on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than the Church.”
- JGavin on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I am dumbfounded y the sheer stupidity of this. I knew this at an early age. It reminds me of…”
- AlanLins on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I wonder if the priests will be required to repay the mass stipend money they received?”
- mo7 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “As long you’ve brought up the subject: a recent baptism was done by a permanent deacon who is also baby’s…”
- TonyO on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “On the one hand, having shopped for wine at local stores hundreds of times, I feel that it should be…”
- Credoh on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Photos taken with a Tasselblad…”
- Tantum Ergo on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “OK, here’s the question that won’t go away. Some time ago, you said that if the wine was invalid matter,…”
- B on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Is that the diocese where the National Catholic Reporter is located?”
- sevensixtwo187 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Etna Rosso. What a fine choice! :-)”
- JRodz1 on How to view the SSPX.: “It sounds as if the Archdiocese of Kansas “protests too much”. The SSPX has proven it’s viability thru its Seminary,…”
- Fr Martin Fox on REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?: “At risk of being deemed a Martini modernist, I shall share with you my recipe for the Martin-tini: Beforehand: Freeze…”
- robtbrown on ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations: “When anyone in my Koine’ Greek class would seek the “correct” pronunciation of a word, the prof would say: I…”
- redneckpride4ever on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Would a situation like this be an appropriate use of canon 844:2?”
- Tradster on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “An additional question: do the invalid Masses render the weddings performed during them invalid too? [No. Not automatically. Matrimony and…”
- Tradster on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “If in Kansas City, where else? KC cannot be unique in this matter. Will the USCCB ensure that every Mass,…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: holy water
?????????? pic.twitter.com/o24mbk1Ijq — Fr. S. Kay (@srkjan1980) March 9, 2023 I’ll let you readers tell us why.
Wherein Fr. Z rants and points a finger
In another post, I commented on some good points made by Joseph Shaw in a piece at HPR. I want to return to Shaw’s piece for some final points. Picking up toward the end… […] It certainly would not have … Read More
ASK FATHER: More about removal of Holy Water at church because of the Chinese Virus. BYOB!
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Our TLM group shares a church with the NO parish and they have removed holy water from the stoops at the entrance. Apparently our Bishop has instructed this to be done to avoid anything being “shared”. … Read More
ASK FATHER: Must Holy Water fonts be flowing all the time?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Quick question. In our diocesan review today for a new church I’ve designed, our progressive director of liturgy said that we are REQUIRED to have flowing water in our font according to the authority of the … Read More
ASK FATHER: Can a bishop order Holy Water removed from churches? Wherein Fr. Z URGENTLY rants. ACTION ITEM FOR BISHOPS AND PRIESTS!!
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Can a bishop validly restrict or totally eliminate access to holy water during times of flu season or other sickness? Our local bishop just did this, and all of our holy water fonts were GONE this … Read More
ASK FATHER: Different kinds of Holy Water
From a reader… QUAERITUR: To prevent the potential spread of coronavirus, my parish in Tokyo has temporarily discontinued the use of Holy Water upon entrance to the chapel. This has me thinking about the various types of Holy Water. Can … Read More
PRAYERCAzT / PODCAzT 172: Blessing Holy Water in Latin with the traditional Rituale Romanum
From a priest: Could you record for your priestly audience the correct pronunciation for the Holy Water blessing in Latin? Sure! I can do that. I will also include this in the What Does The Prayer Really Sound Like series, … Read More
Stupid Idea: Sand in holy water fonts during Lent. Fr. Z opines.
You would think that this stupid idea would have been eradicated by now but, no. I am sure that in some places you readers will see that Holy Water has been removed from the stoops – at the beginning of … Read More
ASK FATHER: Can we cook with or drink Holy Water?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is it a sin to drink/use to cook/use for other purposes BLESSED WATER A/O SALT? No, it is not a sin! On the contrary. Blessed salt and bless water are meant, among other purposes, also for consumption. … Read More
ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
What are priests for? Short answer: They offer sacrifice. The role of the priest is to confect the Eucharist, absolve sins, impart blessings, preside at all manner of approved rites. The jocular Scriptural basis for this is, of course, “For … Read More
ASK FATHER: Humidifiers filled with Holy Water
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I saw a meme today to the effect of: Humidifiers fill air with water molecules from a source of water. If that source of water was Holy Water, would it essentially cleanse the room of all … Read More
ASK FATHER: How long does holy water stay blessed?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I got to wondering about the properties of holy water. Since so much water has been blessed before and recycled throughout time, does the church have comments about the length that water stays “holy”? Or is … Read More
ASK FATHER: Removing Holy Water during Lent
From a reader… I am currently serving at a parish as a transitional deacon. On Thursday I noticed along with the parishioners that the Holy Water was removed from the entrance of the church. They were looking all around for … Read More
ASK FATHER: Diluting Holy Salty Water… Salty Holy Water… just plain Holy Water
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Hello Fr Z! Our pastor puts a lot of salt in the holy water. So much so that a MASSIVE crust forms on our font at home. Is it OK to dilute the holy water a … Read More
ASK FATHER: Holy ICE! Holy Water freezing in the stoop.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have included some pictures as a visual aid for my question. Today I went to confession at a church well over 100 years old. As such, the entrance ways are quite cold in the winter, … Read More
Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Was there a good point in the sermon you heard for your Mass of Sunday obligation? Let us know. In the EF, in reference to the effectiveness of God’s blessings, I spoke of Holy Water. In the OF, I also … Read More
Of weasles, egg salad, broken teeth, blessed salt, and YOU
A weasel can chew through a cable and knock out a particle accelerator, but I can’t chew through an egg salad sandwich. I had what might be called a “dental emergency”. I knocked off the distal cusp of a mandibular molar. Thus, pulling … Read More
ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I recently discovered that a Sacristan at the NO parish I attend is filling the Holy Water tank with water taken from the public washroom tap…no priest is blessing this. The Holy Water in this tank is … Read More
ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
From a Protestant, catechumen… QUAERITUR: My husband and I are Protestant Christians, both baptized. We have three young children, all under the age of 5, and none of them are baptized. We are beginning RCIA and have been regularly attending … Read More