SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 695: “White to move. White is down. My attempt. 1. e7 Rh2+ 2. Bh3 Re2 3. Bg2+ Rxg2 4. e8=Q Aaron…”
- aegsemje on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Novus Ordo Mass in a very liberal college town, not my normal parish. The priest wore purple vestments. There were…”
- WanderingConvert on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “Ite ad Ioseph. Just completed a Novena to him to honor the third year anniversary of my consecration to him.”
- JamesM on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “@yeager An SSPX priest has gone through rigorous formation at seminary prior to ordination. Their seminaries are all full. Rest…”
- JustaSinner on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “Protector of the Holy Church? I’m wondering if he has orders from a Higher Source to sit this one out.”
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 694: “I’m afraid this problem is beyond my calculation horizon. Also, so many candidate moves! I tried 1.Qxf7+ and 1.Qxe8 but…”
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 695: “White is down the exchange, but has a passed pawn on e6 that is two moves away from promoting. Black…”
- Jenson71 on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: “That’s an interesting interpretation of why Joseph was considering leaving Mary. Matthew seems clear that he was considering of leaving…”
- Charivari Rob on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “Patty? Saint Patricia isn’t until August 25. Paddy – he of that nice shade of blue – is the one…”
- Liz on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “St Joseph, Dispenser of the Treasures of the Sacred Heart…we love that one too. I can never get over that…”
- diaconus_in_urbe on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : ““101. 1. In accordance with the centuries-old tradition of the Latin rite, the Latin language is to be retained by…”
- JGavin on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “To my surprise, Rose coloured vestments. This was the second time in 24 years at the parish I have seen…”
- FrCharles on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “When I was a deacon, I served in one of our Capuchin parishes in a diocese adjacent to where I…”
- Anneliese on YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS: “If I can, I’d like to throw in a couple of more prayer requests, please. Firstly, please pray for the…”
- JPaulZ on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “Absolutely beautiful. What are the rest of us doing wrong? However, Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants may find the facility an…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
- Daily Rome Shot 690
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 21: Tuesday 3rd Week – Help and hospitality
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 20: Monday 3rd Week – Washing Naaman
- Daily Rome Shot 689
- Meanwhile, in Germany they are really connecting with the people and “zusammen gehen” and all that.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: vidi aquam
ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: For years now our parish has used the equivalent of a small whisk broom instead of a more traditional aspergillum during the Easter season. The “whisk broom” seems to throw much more water and the priests … Read More
PRAYERCAzT / PODCAzT 172: Blessing Holy Water in Latin with the traditional Rituale Romanum
From a priest: Could you record for your priestly audience the correct pronunciation for the Holy Water blessing in Latin? Sure! I can do that. I will also include this in the What Does The Prayer Really Sound Like series, … Read More
QUAERITUR: no Asperges or Vidi aquam
From a reader about the Vidi Aquam and Asperges… not to be confused with the wonderful vegetable: At nearly every single High Mass I have attended, whether FSSP, ICR or SSPX, including most diocesan TLMs, the High Mass is preceded … Read More