SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
- “Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
- ASK FATHER: Pork butt for the Sacred Heart
- What do we do when we synodize?
- ASK FATHER: Does the humeral veil contradict in the use of Eucharistic ministers?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 22: “Even in another church St. Rita is sad… about… you know.”
- Vatican Synod’s (“walking together”) on spirituality of synodality (“walking togetherality”) is coming: The merciful heart loves… demons.
- ASK FATHER: What if 100 priests wanted to leave a diocese because of the bishop?
- LOOK! UP IN THE SKY!
- 22 June in the Novus Ordo: St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More
- ASK FATHER: Bishop bully: You have the right to kneel, but not to a kneeler.
- ROME 22/06 – Day 21: Different kinds of pawns
- “The point of entry must always be ‘situatedness’.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: ZedNet
Fellow hams, here’s a reminder about ZedNet for Sunday 10 April ’22 – evening at 2000h EST. (0100h ZULU Monday). We now have the site running: http://zednet.xyz Zednet exists on the… Yaesu System Fusion (Wires-X) “room” 28598, and 83466 which … Read More
Fellow hams, here’s a reminder about ZedNet for Sunday 6 March ’22 – evening at 2000h EST. (0100h ZULU Monday). We now have the site running: http://zednet.xyz Zednet exists on the… Yaesu System Fusion (Wires-X) “room” 28598, and 83466 which … Read More
Fellow hams, here’s a reminder about ZedNet for Sunday 13 February ’22 – evening at 2000h EST. (0100h ZULU Monday). We now have the site running: http://zednet.xyz Zednet exists on the… Yaesu System Fusion (Wires-X) “room” 28598, and 83466 which … Read More
Here’s a reminder about ZedNet for Sunday 3 Jan ’21 – evening at 2000h EST (0100h ZULU 4 Jan). Also, here is something sent by WB0YLE who keeps the pieces of ZedNet together. A diagram of how it all fits. … Read More
Last Sunday we started up our very first ZedNet on in the evening at 8PM EST. We had five check ins. I had a devil of a time connecting (cf. Zuhlsdorf’s Law) because Brandmeister has been making changes for security … Read More
We started up our very first ZedNet on Sunday evening at 8PM EST. We had five check ins. I had a devil of a time connecting (cf. Zuhlsdorf’s Law) because Brandmeister has been making changes for security and… I did … Read More
This morning I had a chat with a couple of hams over ZedNet. We are going to have a directed “net” this coming Sunday, 6 December (2nd of Advent) at 2000h EST (0100 ZULU 7 Dec). WIRESX (28598) ALLSTAR (28868) … Read More
A quick note with a suggestion and observations. First, I had a great chat over ZedNet with a fellow in Tokyo. He accessed ZedNet through WIRES-X, I through my DMR hotspot. In the Yaesu System Fusion (WIRES-X) “room” 28598 is … Read More
#CQ – 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for the Fishwrap! #SP3RN
Today, 14 August, is the Vigil of the Assumption. It is also the Feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe, a Franciscan priest put to death at Auschwitz. St. Maximilian Kolbe, has a special relevance for Catholic media. Today, dear readers, say … Read More
We are still in a period of relative “lockdown”. This could be a good time for some of you to get your Amateur Radio license. A while back I mentioned that a couple of obtained their Technician license and had received … Read More
ZedNet has been quiet over the last month. I had sketchy internet in Rome. However, I saw a registration recently in which the registrant, also a ham, specifically mentioned ZedNet. We should get this going. For more on ZedNet – … Read More
I had a note today pointing me to SpaceWeather (which I regularly monitor) which has a post about new spots on your planet’s yellow star. These spots herald Solar Cycle 25, because they have a distinct signature. To wit: SUNSPOTS … Read More
Regarding ZedNet and DMR operation, I refer to you THIS. I created a page for the List of YOUR callsigns. HERE Chime in or drop me a note if your call doesn’t appear in the list. Now for some fun stuff. … Read More
Just a reminder to any hams out there who might be interested in ZedNet. Just recently a Catholic permanent deacon who has been a reader of many years has chimed in on ZedNet, through his local repeater. The technology is … Read More
Just a reminder to any hams out there who might be interested in ZedNet. ZedNet is Brandmeister DMR worldwide talkgroup 31429 More HERE. But quickly… Also, for you who are into this digital stuff, ZedNet still exists on the Yaesu System … Read More
CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Wednesday: ZedNet getting closer – UPDATED: Brandmeister DMR worldwide talkgroup 31429
UPDATE 5 April: Very cool. This afternoon we had a brief 3-way conversation on the ZedNet (Group 31429). Also, for you who are into this digital stuff, ZedNet still exists on the Yaesu System Fusion (Wires-X) “room” 28598, which is cross-linked to … Read More
UPDATE 29 March: It looks as if some of you hams are poking around! Also, I now have access – thanks to a reader – to a remote station! I’ll be getting active (phone) pretty soon. I’m working on MORSE … Read More
One of our frequent commentators here, WB0YLE, who is my online Elmer, has been lavishly generous with technical knowledge and skills. He is the one who set up the Echolink node for our use. WB0YLE is taking our networking possibilities … Read More