UPDATE 22 February 2021:
From a reader…
Fr. Z, just a note to THANK YOU for arranging me a priest for Gregorian Masses for my late parents. You set me up with Fr. ___, who has been very kind and helpful, and started the series of Masses almost immediately. Many thanks to you for this, and may God bless you.
Right now, the number of requests waiting: 4 (3 – TLM & 1- NO or TLM)
Right now, the number of priests available, waiting in my email: 0
Lay people… don’t ask me to match you up if you aren’t serious about it. And remember: some priests out really need intentions to help make ends meet. Consider being generous.
____ ORIGINALLY Published on: May 24, 2020
In the past I have played “yenta” and put lay people who want Gregorian Masses (30 consecutive Masses for a single intention – usually, but not limited to, for the deceased).
If you can take such an intention write to me. Drop me a note HERE
Put in the subject line
AVAILABLE FOR GREGORIAN MASS
Not anything else. Just that. Only that…. as in NOTHING OTHER THAN THAT. Not “Free for Gregorian Mass” … not “I’m available”… not “Gregorian Mass request”… not “Free for Masses”.
- In the body of the email, indicate what your present assignment/ministry is and where.
- In the body of the email, indicate if you can celebrate the Traditional Latin Mass or only the Novus Ordo.
- I will forward to priests the email from the people who made the requests.
- You work out stipends on your own. I will have ZERO to do with that.
- NB: Some people want only Traditional Latin Masses, some are indifferent as to which Missal is used. Work that out with them.
If lay people (although I have also had priests ask!) want a Gregorian Mass set, write to me HERE. Put in the subject line
GREGORIAN MASS REQUEST
If you put something else in the SUBJECT line, I might not see your email.
I’ll try to match you up with an available priest.
In the body of the email, you might provide a little detail (e.g., Traditional Mass or Novus Ordo, or either… for the living or for the dead… urgency…).