SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chuck4247 on WDTPRS – 3rd Sunday of Lent (2002MR): Two wings of prayer: “I began tearing up just seeing the title of the clip…”
- Not on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “Hope and pray you feel better soon. I have many good friends who are Traditional Nuns in full Habit. They…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 696: “White to move. Look at those rooks. 1. Rf8+ Rxf8 2. Rxf8+ Kxf8 3. Qxh7”
- Animadversor on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Well, someone should be reciting the Athanasian Creed on the regular!”
- JustaSinner on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Is it acceptable for Priests to have a printed form, ie cheat sheet, with them in Confessional?”
- cmfzed on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “+McB may have good handwriting but I am trying real hard not to be distracted by all the childish doodles…”
- Cincinnati Priest 2 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “All the ruckus about dispensation for St. Patrick’s day in the U.S. seems highly overblown. Is it really a big…”
- Gaetano on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “The mention of CPE gave me an instant & involuntary shudder. Indeed, Clinical Pastoral Education is one of the great…”
- VForr on Daily Rome Shot 696: “What a fantastic photo. I am excited for the ones you will be taking and sharing soon during your travels…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “Not really. Chalk it up to a simple scribal error. Bp. McB has pretty decent handwriting. Something the sisters probably…”
- Deacon Nicholas on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “Looks like your spy was able to time travel.”
- David L Alexander on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “At my territorial parish, this won’t be a problem. They always say: “May almighty God have mercy on you, forgive…”
- redneckpride4ever on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “If I had to guess, Butch’s grandson enrolled in an ICKSP or FSSP seminary. Nothing screams “schismatic” like orthodox Catholicism.”
- JGavin on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Simon_GNR, your point re difficult to extemporize or ad lib is an argument for returning to the use of Latin…”
- Philmont237 on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “I had a priest say to me in Confession, “I forgive you..” instead of “I absolve you…” When I asked…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: June 2022
Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
Continuing a look at Desiderio desideravi. The letter, as I wrote before, is a mixed bag. It seems divisible according to the voice and topic. That probably reflects authorship by different people or groups. The section I’ll look at today … Read More
You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
UPDATE: You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? It’s really something. I can’t tell you what that makes me think of. A lot of people submitted designs. This is the fellow who designed it. Congratulations! His name is … Read More
29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
Fifty years ago today, 29 June 1972, Paul VI uttered those amazing words. He knew that something was not going right. Not at all right. Thus Paul VI: “… We would say that, through some mysterious crack—no, it’s not mysterious; … Read More
Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE… I urge those of you who are on the “trad” side of things (whether “mad, sad or glad”) not to run around with your hair on fire over this Letter which will – unsurprisingly – contain some … Read More
ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Are we obligated to cease patronizing businesses which are reimbursing employees for expenses to travel out of state to obtain abortions? The short answer is: No. We are not obligated. This has to do with the … Read More
ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
Roman sunrise was at 5:35 and sunset was at 20:52. The Ave Maria has remained in the 21:15 cycle. And so it was when at 8:00 I made my way to the Vatican Bank to do business after a couple … Read More
In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
The way priests have been treated in the last years… However, it’s not all, or rather, only bad news. I saw a glimmer at MediaReport. Another Wave of Falsely Accused Priests Returned to Ministry As we have written many times, … Read More
ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
5:34 – 20:52 – 21:15 – HIKE! More like “YIKES!” in Rome today. It actually hit 104ºF. Brutal, with the sun beating down. The coverage of the chess tournament in Madrid continues. I really enjoyed this comment. Truer words… Meanwhile, … Read More
Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
Too many people today are without good, strong preaching, to the detriment of all. Share the good stuff. Was there a GOOD point made in the sermon you heard at your Mass of obligation for the 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (13th … Read More
ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
Sunrise was at 5:34 in Rome today and sunset will be lovely at 20:52. The Ave Maria should chime at 21:15. It is the feast of two of the saints of the Roman Canon today as well as the day … Read More
ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
Sunrise… sunset… sunrise… sunset…. not many more! 5:34 and 20:52 & AV@2115. It is the feast of, inter alios, St. Proper of Aquitaine (+455 in Rome). In other news, in Madrid nudius tertius, for Round 8 Nepo threw a Reti … Read More
It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
Yesterday, which was the real Feast of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist though bumped a day because of the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, I posted here and elsewhere: #SCOTUS overturned Roe & Casey on the … Read More
ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
Sunset was at 20:52 and, somewhere the Ave Maria may have rung at 21:15. The sunrise was at a distant 5:33. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance, it’s really important for me. US HERE – UK HERE And please let any … Read More
On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. Yes, the pill process can be … Read More
US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
Yesterday, SCOTUS gave us: New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen Today, SCOTUS gave us: Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization There is no longer a federal constitutional right to an abortion.? Abortion access will be determined … Read More
“Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
Hard to improve on this from a couple years ago. Little changes. Your planet once again is whirling its way towards your solstices, Summer in the North and Winter in the South. Since the emphasis in Western Civilization has been … Read More
Comments Off on “Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
ASK FATHER: Pork butt for the Sacred Heart
From a reader… QUAERITUR: So . . . I have to smoke some pork butt today for a get together tomorrow. It will send sweet odors heavenward, low and slow and very very tempting for us mortals still stuck on … Read More
ASK FATHER: Does the humeral veil contradict in the use of Eucharistic ministers?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When the humeral veil is used does it not show a contradiction in the use of Eucharistic ministers? I’m really interested in trying to form an argument against Eucharistic ministers, by way of something everyone seemingly … Read More