YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATE: 13 Jan 22
I am so grateful to my monthly and ad hoc donors. Thank you. I regularly, almost every day right now, say Mass for the intention of benefactors and those who send items from my wishlist (which has been a little quiet). Thanks also to the recent “live stream” donor: I bought flowers for the altar.
Things scroll off the top page rather quickly. Here are some links to recent posts.
- NEW BOOK on St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher!
- ASK FATHER: What to do about strange monthly intensions designated for gaining indulgences?
- What do bored Catholic young men do during COVID-1984 Theatre? Why, build a tank, of course! – VIDEO
- Super new book from Anthony Esolen: An Annotated Reading of the Prologue of John
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 9 January ’22
- There seems to be a spirit of discontent in Chicago these days
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Holy Family Sunday (Novus Ordo: Baptism of the Lord)
- Be proactive! Learning opportunities: Augustine’s Confessions and Latin
- Do you follow the incomparable Eccles?
- LAWLER: “And then came Francis.”
- FOLLOW UP to “ACTION ITEM: Time Sensitive End of Year Giving Suggestions from Fr. Z”
- Verse 3:16 swag available … but not what you might be thinking!
- We need a “pandemic of prayer”! We need an “epidemic of enterprise”! We need a … SYNDEMIC!
- I have good news and bad news
- OH THE HUMANITY! Overcoming a dire casearian lacuna.
- Opportunity: Weekly online course on St. Augustine’s ‘Confessions’
- Wherein Fr. Z recommends a new blog
- Good news in the Diocese of Marquette
- VIDEO: Enjoy this with a little popcorn
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Octave of Christmas and Holy Name (and – absurdly – Novus Ordo Epiphany)
- A good point about Holy Days of Obligation and our Catholic identity
- Gregorian chant disc by FSSP seminarians tops the charts. I suspect that might annoy some people.
- Disasters always happen to other people… until it’s your turn.
- ASK FATHER: Can Holy Water, Epiphany Water, Easter Water, be diluted and still maintain their efficacy?
- Fr. Z’s Predictions for 2022
- Wherein at the tail-end of 2021 Fr. Z reflects on the phrase “In cauda venenum”
- I am in total awe of a piece posted – thank you – at Rorate. A monumental take down of Traditionis custodes and the Dubious Dubia using Francis’ own categorical declarations about freedom, conscience, clericalism, proselytizing, discernment. A Manual for Resistance.
- Xi… more than a letter in the Greek alphabet, especially in Hong Kong.
- ASK FATHER: Must we do penance, abstain from meat, on Friday in the Octave of Christmas?
- ACTION ITEM: Time Sensitive End of Year Giving Suggestions from Fr. Z
- Card. Cupich has his own Pachamama Moment. People who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be crushed, but this is apparently okay.
- “I am a devout Catholic, but….”
- Another jackass and a quick POLL
- When there is a wound, steps must be taken to heal it.
Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.