SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- kurtmasur on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “Technically speaking, the TLM is THE Mass of Vatican II.”
- jflare29 on How to view the SSPX.: “One of my frustrations has been the Church’s persistent inability to make a clear decision. And be accountable to it…”
- Fr. Ó Buaidhe on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “I read somewhere that the Mass of canonisation was the last Solemn Papal Mass (i.e. with Tiara and Precious Tiara)…”
- Chrisc on How to view the SSPX.: “‘Irregularly regularized’ is a great term, though a bit of a mouthful.”
- acardnal on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “What?! No pastrami or corned beef sandwich from a New York deli either coming or going on this trip. Or…”
- RichR on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “After reading this, I then went to the (horrible, yet soon-to-be-defunct) ICEL translation of the Liturgy of the Hours. The…”
- Gregg the Obscure on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “The Georgian cheesy bread dish is Ajaski Khachapuri. House of Bread bakery just down the street from me is well…”
- dinsdale on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “Father Z, the Georgian pastry is called khachapuri, and the one in the photo looks to be excellent!”
- Cornelius on ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM: “SOCOM? But Father, but Father . . .! Why would you be traveling to Special Operations Command? – for that’s…”
- Rod Halvorsen on How to view the SSPX.: “I am always curious as to exactly what piece of paper or utterance from a Pope it will take to…”
- Cornelius on “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!: “It is surely no mere coincidence that this Saint – martyred for his rejection of homosex – was given June…”
- Fredi D'Alessio on How to view the SSPX.: “I think many of us who feel liturgically malnourished due to the unavailability of the Traditional Mass in our area…”
- Sue in soCal on Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.: “God bless you on the anniversary of your ordination, Fr. Z.”
- Fr. Reader on How to view the SSPX.: “Connected to “full Communion” but not to the SSPX. I wish the idea of “state of grace” is fostered a…”
- TWF on How to view the SSPX.: “I don’t think we can get away from the idea of “partial communion”. It clearly exists. The sacraments cannot exist…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: homosexuals
ASK FATHER: How should good Catholics deal with homosexuals?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Dear Fr. Thank you for the sterling work you do with your blog. Within my circle of friends at my accommodation we have a number of practicing homosexuals. In the pass I have avoided such people … Read More
“an open attempt to normalize homosexuality among clergy”
At The Catholic Thing there is an interesting piece about Stephen P. White. The writer looks at three pieces which concern The Present Crisis in the Church, and draws an interesting conclusion. […] These three pieces represent a shift away … Read More
ASK FATHER: Now platonic homosexual couple: one wants to enter Church. The priest says….
From a reader… QUAERITUR: A priest I spoke to said that I could not get confirmed or enter the Catholic Church (I was baptised in an evangelical church) as I am living with my same sex partner of 10 years. … Read More
Honduras: homosexual seminarians sent away from seminary except for those from…
A while ago, the best English language Vaticanista these days, Edward Pentin wrote about the rampant homosexual network in the seminary in the Archdiocese of Tegucigalpa, Honduras, the See of one of Francis’ key players, Oscar Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga. HERE … Read More
ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In my diocese and in others there has been a general conclusion that it is fine to baptized the child of a homosexual couple, so long as it is done in private, you let the parents … Read More
ASK FATHER: Lesbian Communion Ministers
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My Pastor allows 2 women who are in a public relationship (of the rainbow variety) to be Eucharistic ministers. What is the best way to approach him with my disapproval with the hopes of it stopping. … Read More
New scientific study concludes NOT “born that way”
At the National Catholic Register there is a story sure to make the writers of the National Sodomitic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) have a conniption. Not ‘Born That Way’: New Scientific Analysis Questions ‘LGBT’ Orthodoxies A comprehensive new survey about sexuality … Read More
ASK FATHER: Talking about homosexuality without sounding cruel
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I’m a consevitive ctholic teen and my friends are not and when they ask about my faith I try my best to answer correctly but then we get to Gay’s and why don’t we except them, … Read More
The View From The Fainting Couch: Pentin’s book provokes the vapors
Burke Derangement Syndrome™ has struck again! Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap has swooned upon his fainting couch at the news of Edward Pentin’s new book about what happened at the Synod of Bishops last October. More about Pentin’s new Smoking Gun Book™ … Read More
We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
Everyone should review something that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s document from 2003 called: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons INTRODUCTION 1. In recent years, various questions relating to homosexuality have … Read More
San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
I call on all the readers here to pray and offer fasting and alms for the spiritual defense of Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco. Will San Francisco be the Alamo of the Church in these USA? Today, in the ultra-liberal … Read More
It looks like he “judged” after all!
The MSM took what the Pope said on the airplane (about a homosexual who is trying to live a holy life), that is, “Who am I to judge?” and ran with only half the story, giving the impression that Pope … Read More
Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
Via BarbWire: Homosexual HRC Founder Arrested for Raping 15-Year-Old Boy et another high profile “gay” activist has been arrested for homosexual assault on a child. This time authorities caught one of the big fish (a rainbow trout?). Terrance Patrick Bean … Read More
Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
The final version of the Relatio Synodi of the III Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops: “Pastoral Challenges to the Family in the Context of Evangelization” earlier in October is available now, in English, on the Vatican website. HERE … Read More
Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
At Badger Catholic I saw something that helps to explain Burke Derangement Syndrome, or BDS. You surely have seen dramatic, fainting couch worthy, episodes of BDS over at NSR (National Schismatic Reporter… to use just one possible “s” word, aka … Read More
Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
The Extraordinary Synod on the family is, thanks be to God, over. The bishops will meet again next year at the same time in the Ordinary Synod on the same topic: the Family. Let me start with the pessimistic take, … Read More
Be wary of news reports about the what the Synod is up to
We must be wary about the “Synod of the Media”. There is a Synod of Bishops that takes place and there is the way the MSM and also Catholic (especial catholic) media spins the Synod. As the bishops split up … Read More
Play by Play: Card. Burke’s video interview recap!
Ed Peters, canonist extraordinaire, has a useful recap of Card. Burke’s video interview with Raymond Arroyo of EWTN. Peters points to the minute and second mark of certain of the Cardinal’s comments and then adds his own helpful commentary. … Read More
Behold how the Left thinks
At Daily Kos you can find a good example of how the Left thinks. This is also an insight into how the catholic Left think, too. For confirmation just watch the combox of the Fishwrap. You see similar attitudes and … Read More
Catholic pro-marriage speech repressed at Notre Dame
More news from the school that gave the most aggressive anti-Catholic pro-abortion politician we have probably ever seen an honorary doctorate in law (of all things). From the TFP site: Young Catholics Not Welcome at the University of Notre Dame … Read More