Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Reflector: Scoot: As to the German use of “it& #8221; or “she ” when referring to the church, let me quote Karl Rahner rejecting (!) heavy left wing criticism against the church:...
- Fr. Kelly: ‘Whe n I use a word,̵ 7; Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.̵ 7; ‘The quest...
- Dad of Six: “As a consequenc e, the Church in Germany today is in adaptation mode. Its bishops are convinced that, in order to be “relevant, ” they need to reform her doctrines and practi...
- Denis Crnkovic: This is an excellent piece that prompted me to write quite a few observatio ns in my journal. I do not have the time to repeat them here, but the gist is that knowing the Faith also...
- Lurker 59: One of the ironies about Vatican II is that the council attempted to make the teachings of the Church “rel evant̶ 1; but the documents were already outdated in their think...
- teomatteo: They pretend it’s about compassion but it’s really about truth.
- Ted: But wasn’ ;t the program of the liturgical movement based on the same suppositio n, that the liturgy needed to be changed in order to be able to speak to “mod ern man” ?...
- HvonBlumenthal: Rahner suffered from the typical middle class arrogance which thinks that modern people are more stupid than their ancestors and working people cannot comprehend educated people. He...
- roma247: Let us take a moment to give thanks for the disaster that was the recent Pan-Amazon synod. It has put into high contrast the fact that it was simply a further (too far) developmen t of the...
- Ivan: Of course! It was and always is about the CONTENT. And the enemy, deceivers and apostates are subverting it with their misusing of – the language. Just look at the new, so-called modern...
- scoot: I wonder if the Germans refer to the Church as “it& #8221; instead of “her ”.
- David L Alexander: Point well taken. Words must have an objective meaning, if they are to mean anything at all. This, as opposed to being a means of social engineerin g, which is almost always...
- exNOAAman: Apologies for the hoped for weather. Been record cold here. Leaves sparse but still a few. (BTW, Our Lady Queen of Poland, Silver Spring , near Metro stop. 8:00 Sunday TLM.) God bless...
- MoreIncenseLessNonsense: Eastern Catholic here from the Byzantine rite. Under no circumstan ces does our rite allow anyone besides deacon/pri est/bishop to distribute the Eucharist. We still...
- Kathleen10: I understand why people would say this type of thing. After all, the very ground under our feet is shifting. It’s mind blowing for people, people are seriously unsettled by these...
- RLseven: matt fr az: “If the public, Catholic and non-Cathol ic alike were to see a reprobate Cardinal get stripped of his vestments, the spot where consecrate d oil was applied to his hands...
- PostCatholic: Ah, but the thing about Hillary Clinton 217;s vast right-wing conspiracy is that there was one. [ROFL!] Do you count yourself among the “ecc lesiastic elites? 221; Are you...
- aiello01: The minister of communion can make a public statement of disapprova l regardless of the conscience of the recipient.
- Bryan D. Boyle: Do hope you brought some blessed salt and real Holy Water to sprinkle around. “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We (you) must be cautiou...
- Diana: Ha! I always feel that way about my gates! LOL. Have fun, Father!
- thomistking: I second the invite to St. Francis de Sales. Although I suppose I proper invite must come from the pastor himself.
- Kansan: Praying that this trip will be like a balm for you, soothing and protective !
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Charles E. Flynn had me at: “Whe n Moses came down the mountain with the Ten Commandmen ts tablets, and saw the activities in which his people were engaged, I figure...
- oledocfarmer: I think your analogy is spot-on. From day one, “Pope” Francis has struck me as an adolescent arrested in psychologi cal developmen t. How he advanced in the way he did only begs the...
- oledocfarmer: I think Teddy Mac is the key to many, many locks. My prayer is that he will repent and make a clean, clear declaratio n of everything he knows.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- They pretend it’s about language, but in reality it’s about content.
- MY VIEW FOR AWHILE: DC Mass Edition
- Some reading for the road
- The demonic Pachamama idol mess isn’t going to go away
- When life gives you lemons, you can help seminarians
- Some interesting reading for this morning
- @FatherTF good explanation of “Perfect Contrition”
- BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Think: Thanksgiving and gifts
- Veterans Day & Remembrance Day
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM: Feedback Project
- Rome: Mass at St. John Lateran for Dedication – wierd
- Happy 244th Birthday USMC!
- @DouthatNYT interviews Card. Burke
- WDTPRS: Dedication of St. John Lateran
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: ZedNet revived
- Wherein Fr. Z maps weird things, connects dots, rants a lot, and offers an ACTION ITEM!
- UPDATED: United Nations published environment, population control children’s book called “Pachamama”
- ASK FATHER: I’ve lost all desire and motivation to pray, fast, etc. It all seems so pointless.
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Your mission as a Christian
- Earthquake near Rome
- ASK FATHER: Gaining indulgences and “the Pope’s intentions”. Prayer for the Pope, or for what the Pope designates?
- ASK FATHER: Should I accept an invitation to be installed as an acolyte?
- LATIN MASS MADNESS!!!!
- Archbp. Viganò speaks: “We are in the grip of a religious chaos of gigantic proportion….” – a “satanic plan”
- ASK FATHER: For Communion can I chose to go only to the priest and not the lay ministers?
- Wherein Austen Ivereigh channels his inner Hillary
- FISHWRAP: Piteous tirade about the people who attend the Traditional Latin Mass
- QUINQUENNIUM ALERT – Robert Card. Sarah
- Your Good News
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuality
This, folks, says just about everything. Interesting: "Where the Bible mentions [same-sex sexual] behavior at all, it clearly condemns it. I freely grant that. The issue is precisely whether the biblical judgment is correct. The Bible sanctioned slavery as well … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Dear Fr. Thank you for the sterling work you do with your blog. Within my circle of friends at my accommodation we have a number of practicing homosexuals. In the pass I have avoided such people … Continue reading
After a busy week, I am catching up on things. There came to my attention a TV interview granted by His Eminence Joseph Card. Tobin, in the never-before-cardinalatial see of Newark, less than 17 miles and about a 45 minute … Continue reading
You’ve probably heard that a book is timed to be released simultaneously in several languages at the beginning of the Roman episcopal “sex summit”. Bishops from around the world are to meet to discuss important problems that scandalize and wound … Continue reading
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Continue reading
It took a while. They probably needed to get the ringing in their ears to stop after being gobsmacked. The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) hardly loses any opportunity to defend that which is contrary to nature. However, Fishwrap is also mired … Continue reading
Aciprensa has it. HERE The UK’s (and now US’s) best Catholic weekly has it. HERE Francis made a book/interview which will be released next week. A sample has been released. In the sample we find that Francis says that pastoral … Continue reading
Here’s a strong cup of wake-the-hell-up coffee from my friend Jennifer Morse and Ruth Institute. The National Catholic Register conveys the news. Is Catholic Clergy Sex Abuse Related to Homosexual Priests? An interview with sociologist Father Paul Sullins, whose new … Continue reading
Some people are concerned that the 2018 Synod (“walking together”) on Youth will be rigged to create unheard of new openings toward the normalization of homosexual acts and homosexualist identity. Today I read at the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic … Continue reading
A The Catholic Thing the scholar and translator of Dante’s Divine Comedy uses this most important of works to unpack a central issue in The Present Crisis. There are those today, such as highly tattooed gang of Team Francis, who work … Continue reading
The Bellarmine Forum there is a longish piece which makes a connection between some topics: Our Lady’s Messages at Akita Communion in the Hand Homosexuality Said Our Lady at Akita: “The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the … Continue reading
“Somehow, almost overnight, our culture decided that a “LGBT” identity is something that one is born with.”
He shouldn’t have been there in the first place. However, I suppose that the dicastery headed by non-Card. McCarrick’s former apprentice in Washington, Card. Farrell, deemed it opportune to have Martin there. At Crisis David Prosen reacts both to homosexualist … Continue reading
LifeSite has a story about it. The Catholic Herald covered it. Jesuit run Amerika has the text – of course – of the talk of rampant homosexualist activist James Martin, SJ at the World Meeting For Families in Ireland. I … Continue reading
I am still partially unplugged, but, having reengaged a little. Enough to have read a few headlines, my blood-pressure to spike, and then to chuckle at something unintentionally hilarious in its entirely intended malice. First, compare and contrast. At … Continue reading
This is an unusual post. First, I must preface this that some one sent me information about this recently, but I can’t remember who it was, I’ve looked for the email. So, someone found this before I did. I would like … Continue reading